Server time (UTC): 2019-08-18, 10:12
Sign in to follow this  
Apollo

Recent Verdict

The verdict in question was of this report, the report was open for around a week before it was solved by @Samti in which the verdict was inconclusive, while I can assure you that there have been reports with more time to the initiation and were verdicted as no time to comply, Nik had not reacted, he was just walking in the same path he was walking prior the initiation and in both clips that was still not even close to enough time to comply, general rule of thumb is to wait 10 seconds after an initiation or if they choose to not comply that's on them. In the clips provided by Dew and SmashingWB there was less than 2 seconds given to comply, See the video added.

I know that when initiating the initiation must be clear and have a demand and have a threat  "put your hands up or be killed" be killed being the pretty important part making it an initiation, in the past many people have been banned telling people to just put their hands up and since I had my back turned to him I knew it was an initiation when the shots went off. This initiation lacked that be killed part.

In the video I have also moved the audio a second forward and surprisingly it syncs up perfectly not only with the VOIP from when his mic on shadowplay picks it up and ingame, the gunshots also matchup perfectly. I will link both the original video posted by @SmashingWB As Nik said in the report, not only did they lie about the time they gave us to comply in the written POV's but I also highly believe the clip was edited to make it seem like they had more time given to them.

@SmashingWB Clip :

My clip with audio moved forward and stopwatch added :

I would like to get the opinion of the staff that closed the report on the clip that I posted and if possible have staff clarify how much time after initiating do people have before they can be shot for non compliance.

9 minutes ago, Apollo said:

and if possible have staff clarify how much time after initiating do people have before they can be shot for non compliance.

That's not possible, if there was such a timer it would be in the rules. It depends too much on the role play, context and every unique situation.

Also, ask the staff is not "I disagree with a verdict" forum, I'm beginning to see a trend of this. If you have a question about the verdict, directly PM the GM that wrote it.

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

Also, ask the staff is not "I disagree with a verdict" forum, I'm beginning to see a trend of this.

Yep fully agree with this. 

Anyway to clear things up simply from both videos even the one you changed yourself, the GM team discussed this report in length. As can be seen the initiation is dropped and immediately we see the guy in red go from walking to jogging which can be seen as non compliance in the same way as sprinting off or raising a gun. 

From the shooters perspective this change in movement speed can be seen as trying to get away or simply moving to help others get a better line of sight to kill the initiator. When watching the POV of both the shooter and then the victims groups video it is clear that server latency played apart for all involved. 

Now the rules state no time frame and for that we leave it to you as community members to prioritise RP over PVP which is why we ask for you guys to give it abit more time before using the itchy trigger finger. If you wish for a timeframe to be added then make a suggestion thread and we can look into that as a community. Regardless even if we had a 10 second timeframe or more/less any act of running or pulling a weapon shows non compliance and as we saw in the video the hostile party saw the guy begin to run which can be seen as not complying.

Reason we put inconclusive is simple the latency on the server means that for the shooter a non compliance action could be seen and in another video by the OP's group we don't see much but looks as if he is walking on the tracks. Going by the hostile party video we can see why the gun was used as it would be in any situation where a party you initiate on starts to run.

Sign in to follow this