Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 13:30
Sign in to follow this  
King

Unconscious before death.

Hello, King also known as Monday here.

I would like to suggest a mechanic that could be implemented here to improve the chances of hostileRP occurring after PVP fights and potentially another way of justifying PVPRP to campfireRPers since it would give them a chance to properly value RP > PVP. If it's possible, I would be asking the developers to find a way to manipulate the health system to guarantee the unconscious state before death for a period of time. By doing this, the hostile roleplayer, PVPer or bandit would be able to revive the unconscious "dead" character and continue Roleplay. In order to prevent abuse as well, and to prevent the unconscious player from getting back into the fight, the unconscious player would need to die after their unconscious state has run its course. Logical realism should also apply however; If the player fighting is shot in the head, they should die instead of falling unconscious. 

IV04vAw.jpg.1431f1a70a4f658f800c925abd284f90.jpg

Proposing the example scenario:
A hostile PVP group rocks up in Kab to take some name and finds two roleplayers walking through with their mountain backpacks and winchesters. One of them starts talking smack, so you talk to the boys over the radio, "we gonna initiate on these fools". You initiate, one of them puts their hands up and the other thinks they can nail 9 guys with automatics so he heads round the back of Kab farm to blow some heads. One of your guys sprays the dude with 5.56 and he falls unconscious. You take his weapons and radio, wake him up and continue the Roleplay session with two hostages instead of one.

thoughts?

P.S: If this is not possible to implement @devs, then //ignore my suggestion

Posted (edited)

Good idea on paper but I really don't like the fact everyone would be able to help said person up, would just mean a guy NVFLs few mins later his mates rock up kill all of them and simply just wake him up.

Edited by Eagle

It would be nice to go unconscious instead of dying right away cause what if I have a couple of friends with me I’m hoping they could find me and give me food or water. Whatever I need to wake up and survive 

55 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Good idea on paper but I really don't like the fact everyone would be able to help said person up, would just mean a guy NVFLs few mins later his mates rock up kill all of them and simply just wake him up.

+1

Its a great idea and all, but i feel like there would be too many issues from it from ic perspective to ooc perspective.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Phoenyxx said:

+1

Its a great idea and all, but i feel like there would be too many issues from it from ic perspective to ooc perspective.

Would you mind elaborating with an example? 🙂

In the nicest possible way, I don't entirely understand you!

Edited by KingRP

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, KingRP said:

Would you mind elaborating with an example? 🙂

In the nicest possible way, I don't entirely understand you!

OOC: As Eagle stated. If someone decided to not value their life and was knocked unconscious and be brought up by his guys, then a chase ensued on said individuals who knocked NVFL guy out. Your looking at messy reports and adding more work for staff essentially (maybe). Thats just my speculation. Also knocking out individuals could very well mean very long drawn out gunfights, in which rights timers reset over and over again. Ive been in a few 2+ hour stand offs/fights and let me tell you its exhausting and not fun. I just feel having people be knocked unconscious would just cause these to occur more often. 

I also feel like not many people would take the opportunity to make the unconscious person become conscious and continue roleplay (thats my personal opinion just with things i've witnessed lately).

IC: I feel like people won't roleplay this correctly. Getting knocked out and becoming unconscious means in most situations you won't be able to pick up your gun and go running back into battle or spend hours looking for the assaulter. Medical rp would have to be given (hopefully) and we'd have to trust people to realistically roleplay it out. 

Hopefully this kinda clarifies

Edited by Phoenyxx

Developers are currently working on Non-lethal ammunition so I think it's too much work to add this as well and also quite unrealistic especially if you dump around 10 rounds into someone... they're going to die realistically. I can easily see this abused as people in firefights just keep reviving their friends and bring them back into the fight where they won't even think about roleplaying out the injuries they sustained from a bullet penetrating their skull.

Honestly if someone tried to shoot your friends would you waste medical equipment on them in order to teach them a lesson and let them walk away or just to execute them?

We wont be adjusting player states pre death but as said by Ciiber, non lethal ammo is on the way so people can chose how they want to RP out a hostility.

to be honest with you man I think most people are just going to double tap and not sort out after a firefight yknow.

-1 , No.

If bullets start flying, then that means all roleplay was thrown out the window, and it's all about survival after. If you want to wound them, shoot them in the legs until they hit the ground unconscious.

Posted (edited)

It's a good idea in theory, but my general rule of thumb is to double tap anyways (I think a lot of people do this). My reasoning is because the majority of people I've dealt with try shooting me when they wake up and see me attempting to revive them to be taken captive.

Edited by Zero

I played a lot of FiveM and the great thing about that is once you're down you can be revived and hear/respond to everything if you choose to. I'm not sure how well it'd work on DayZ, if it is even possible. It also brings with it a lot of NVFL because if people know they can just wake up again they aren't fussed about losing their gear as much, so are more willing to take risks and put themselves in stupid situations.

I do like the idea of being able to be revived after an attempted fight and being taken hostage, though.
I've had this happen before where I was uncon and was revived, given some hostage RP then executed (I think I killed/shot one of theirs so totally deserved it!).
It was nice to have the RP after the firefight and not just poof back to the coast.

Not sure how well it would go down here, so I'm on the fence really! 

After playing on vanilla servers compared to this server, it already feels as if the ‘shock’(the part that makes you uncon) is way higher than the damage(the part that kills), than most servers. As if billets are already doing more of that uncon shock level. That mixed with the desync of the server is why it takes 20 some bullets to spray someone down.

-1, Having to worry about double tapping is a negative. If I’m fighting someone and they don’t comply, I’m not going to let them get up to talk shit as a hostage. Or me pop someone and move on only to have them wake back up after 30 seconds, pick their gun back up, /yeet some morphine and kill me.

Shock value already outweighs damage it feels, the way it is now is fine 

We already pretty much had this at the start of 0.63 when almost every single time someone got shot they would fall uncon instead of dying. I cant remember a single time that it would have led to more RP. Either the person got immediately double tapped, they got gassed in the middle of the waking up animation or they managed to get up and join the fight again. Also having to stare at a black screen for a long time just to end up getting double tapped when waking up doesnt add to anything and will just lead to people getting punished for NVFL just because they didnt bother waiting and respawned while uncon. People can stil get knocked in a firefight atm even though its more rare, I dont think we need to make it any more common of an occurence.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:32 PM, Eagle said:

While I think it’s a good idea @Eagle mentions the problem with it and unfortunately I believe it would be abused and metagaming would take common place.