Nick Wilde

S1 Combat Logging 7/19/19

Server and location: S1 

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): About 15 Minutes ago 

Your in game name: Dennis Colson

Names of allies involved: @Worldclass @Fuhqnugget @DeathBeforeDawn

Name of suspect/s: CDF/CTF?

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Unfortunately not.

Detailed description of the events: We were raiding a base, I walked over to check one of the blue tents, saw a guy sit down and I was saying "Put your fucking hands up" then he logged out, not even 10 minutes later he comes back, and walks right into the building that @Worldclass was in, and goes "Whats going on here" So we tell him to put his hands up AGAIN, then it just so happens that his buddies get online and initiate on the guys outside that were breaking the wall and kill them WITHOUT giving them a chance to put their hands up. Then not even 5 minutes later a guy in the base wakes up and automatically shoots me from behind. Also , we had him drop his radio when we told him to put his hands up.. How Ironic that all of his friends show up Guns blazing after we hold him up without a radio. Under any normal circumstance when I attempted to hold him up the first time he would not of been able to call for help, so by logging he gave himself an advantage by using discord or messaging his friends. ALSO we checked every single barracks and there was NO ONE THERE. 

Posted (edited)

Kevin William's POV:we log from server 2 to server 1 to raid this base we heard about we didn't log in there base we broke in there base legit i went and checked all the buildings that were in the base and no one was in any of them at all.So we go ahead and raid the base normally and all the sudden someone in doctor clothing is one of the barracks and my guy tells him to put his hands up but just as he told him to put his hands up he logged out and we assumed he saw us so we set up a bear trap in front of the door that he logged out in..not even 10 minutes later he logs back in and sees me run into the barracks building so he ask me something along the lines of what are you doing and i told him to put his hands up he did as i command and then i told him to not say anything else Intel he drops his radio he drops his radio and doesn't say a word the whole time.after about 5 minutes later one of his friends run up to the corner of the wall and tell my friends to put there hands up(keep in mind my buddies were destroying there walls so it takes time to stop the process and to put there hands up)his friend automatically shoots my two friends not giving them a chance to put there hands up.After that i tell the guy outside to put his hands up or his buddy inside will die he did not respond to me out there.so i was staying quiet for the fight trying to listen to footsteps and all the sudden someone else logs in the base and automatically kills my friend that was in the building with him so i run and try to get a good spot to fight 3 people and get killed by the guy who we had hostage.Keep in mind i did not hear these guys double mic one time during the whole combat and i saw 2 of them running together in the woods and i was close enough to hear them talk in game and there buddy inside automatically knew were i was inside so they were obviously talking with each other in a freq but not in game.

Edited by Worldclass
errors

Posted (edited)

@Fuhqnugget here (Thomas Everett in game).

My recollection of events: We rolled up onto a base that I've seen prior and scouted the area to make sure everything was clear before we started. @Worldclass, @Nick Wilde  @DeathBeforeDawn, and me, were all involved. After scouting we made our way into the base, and were able to get two people into the base and the other two on the outside attempting to get through the wall. 

After around 10 minutes of looting, we hear @Nick Wilde say 'Theres someone here! PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP!' And then the person he saw logged out. This person logs back in, walks straight into the barracks saying 'what's going on here?,' and @Worldclass says 'put your fucking hands up and drop your fucking radio!' And the man complied. 

The man had no prior knowledge as to anyone being there, and likely logged in to the raid and immediately logged off and notified his friends. I say this because soon after he asked what was happening a guy ran around the corner to where me and @DeathBeforeDawn were breaking in and immediately said 'put your hands up!,' and as he was turning the corner immediately started shooting.

In ANY normal role played circumstance, the man originally would have been held up and his radio taken. There was absolutely no possible way he would have been able to call for help. 

They immediately took up arms, when only 1 of their people were aware of our presence, and this person was immediately apprehended and had silenced comms as soon as knowledge of us became apparent. 

Edited by Fuhqnugget

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

09:19:54 | Player "Dennis Colson" is connected
10:15:21 | Player "Dennis Colson" has been disconnected

09:19:50 | Player "Kevin Williams" is connected
- Dead -
09:59:48 | Player "Kevin Williams" has been disconnected

09:20:35 | Player "Thomas Everett" is connected
09:24:16 | Player "Thomas Everett" has been disconnected
09:24:22 | Player "Thomas Everett" is connected
09:25:36 | Player "Thomas Everett" has been disconnected
09:25:43 | Player "Thomas Everett" is connected
09:35:31 | Player "Thomas Everett" has been disconnected
09:39:03 | Player "Thomas Everett" is connected
09:40:20 | Player "Thomas Everett" has been disconnected
09:40:26 | Player "Thomas Everett" is connected
- Dead -

09:51:47 | Player "Patrick Doubek" is connected
09:51:59 | Player "Patrick Doubek" has been disconnected
09:53:59 | Player "Patrick Doubek" is connected
13:27:25 | Player "Patrick Doubek" has been disconnected

09:36:43 | Player "Gustav Polacek" is connected
09:37:39 | Player "Gustav Polacek" has been disconnected
09:42:30 | Player "Gustav Polacek" is connected
13:01:19 | Player "Gustav Polacek" has been disconnected

09:42:53 | Player "Oskar Novotny" is connected
12:17:17 | Player "Oskar Novotny" has been disconnected

09:23:53 | Player "John Clifford" is connected
09:41:31 | Player "John Clifford" has been disconnected
09:41:39 | Player "John Clifford" is connected
- Dead -
09:47:53 | Player "John Clifford" has been disconnected

09:43:02 | Player "Katerina Novotny" is connected
13:55:54 | Player "Katerina Novotny" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler

09:43:20 | Player "Gustav Polacek" hit by Player "Dennis Colson" with BearTrapHit into LeftFoot(13) for 90 damage (BearTrapHit)

09:55:10 | Player "Dennis Colson" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 4.8842 meters 
09:55:10 | Player "Dennis Colson" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 4.8842 meters 
09:55:10 | Player "Dennis Colson" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 4.92403 meters 
09:55:10 | Player "Gustav Polacek" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 6.32474 meters 
09:55:11 | Player "Dennis Colson" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 4.87113 meters 
09:55:11 | Player "Dennis Colson" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 4.87113 meters 
09:55:11 | Player "Dennis Colson" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 4.83866 meters 
09:55:11 | Player "Dennis Colson" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 4.83866 meters 
09:55:11 | Player "Dennis Colson" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 4.95966 meters 
09:55:11 | Player "Dennis Colson" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 4.95966 meters 
09:55:11 | Player "Dennis Colson" hit by Player "Patrick Doubek" with AKM from 5.08999 meters 

09:48:31 | Player "Oskar Novotny" hit by Player "Kevin Williams" with M249 SAW from 8.62946 meters 
09:50:51 | Player "Oskar Novotny" hit by Player "Kevin Williams" with RGD5Grenade_Ammo into (-1) for 0 damage (RGD5Grenade_Ammo)

09:58:05 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 7.23514 meters 
09:58:05 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 7.23514 meters 
09:58:05 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 7.12527 meters 
09:58:05 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 7.12527 meters 
09:58:06 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 7.25471 meters 
09:58:06 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 7.39044 meters 
09:58:06 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 7.39044 meters 
09:58:06 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 7.72322 meters 
09:58:06 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 7.72322 meters 
09:58:06 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 7.99002 meters 
09:58:10 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 1.10491 meters 
09:58:10 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 1.10491 meters 
09:58:11 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 1.10491 meters 
09:58:11 | Player "Kevin Williams" hit by Player "Gustav Polacek" with M4A1 from 1.10491 meters 

09:44:41 | Player "Thomas Everett" hit by Player "Oskar Novotny" with AKM from 8.60017 meters 
09:44:42 | Player "Thomas Everett" hit by Player "Oskar Novotny" with AKM from 8.59911 meters 
09:44:42 | Player "Thomas Everett" hit by Player "Oskar Novotny" with AKM from 8.59911 meters 
09:44:42 | Player "Thomas Everett" hit by Player "Oskar Novotny" with AKM from 8.79206 meters 
09:45:00 | Player "Thomas Everett" hit by Player "Oskar Novotny" with AKM from 3.07245 meters

09:44:41 | Player "John Clifford" hit by Player "Oskar Novotny" with AKM from 5.47078 meters 
09:44:41 | Player "John Clifford" hit by Player "Oskar Novotny" with AKM from 5.47078 meters 
09:44:41 | Player "John Clifford" hit by Player "Oskar Novotny" with AKM from 5.47849 meters 
09:44:41 | Player "John Clifford" hit by Player "Oskar Novotny" with AKM from 5.65875 meters 
09:44:41 | Player "John Clifford" hit by Player "Oskar Novotny" with AKM from 5.79648 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler

09:55:11 | Player "Dennis Colson" (DEAD) killed by Player "Patrick Doubek"

09:58:05 | Player "Kevin Williams" (DEAD) killed by Player "Gustav Polacek"

09:44:42 | Player "Thomas Everett" (DEAD) killed by Player "Oskar Novotny" 

09:44:41 | Player "John Clifford" (DEAD) killed by Player "Oskar Novotny"

Building Logs:

Spoiler

09:27:42 | Player "Dennis Colson" placed Wire Mesh Barrier
09:33:40 | Player "Dennis Colson" destroyed combination lock with Hacksaw

09:39:24 | Player "John Clifford" destroyed Fence with Hand Saw

Calling in the following people to post their Point of Views & any video evidence they may have:

@Nick Wilde | Dennis Colson | OP
@Worldclass | Kevin Williams | POSTED
@Fuhqnugget | Thomas Everett | POSTED
@Mexi | Patrick Doubek | POSTED
@groovy willsky | Gustav Polacek | POSTED
@groovy stannis | Oskar Novotny | POSTED
@DeathBeforeDawn | John Clifford | POSTED
@Franny | Katerina Novotny | POSTED

POV:

We're all OOC hanging about in TS playing other games/not on DayZRP services when we all decide to get in-game. @groovy willsky joins first and complains about a dark screen bug, so we all tell him that he needs to re-log. Eventually we all start joining the server and @groovy willsky says "I'm putting my hands up." To which we all question if he's joking or not, but he mutes his comms and doesn't respond at all. 

I log into the server and before all my textures even load I spot an individual on the corner of our base right in front of me in clear sight, I immediately initiate as I spawn in saying "Put your fucking hands up right now!", because I hear somebody breaking into the base. The person who I initiate on runs around a corner, I peek the corner and shoot the guy as he raises his weapon. Behind him was his friend who was still beating down the wall despite being initiated on, so he was shot also.

At this point, I re-initiate on those inside and got shot once by an M249 from inside. I pull back about 40m and talk to @Franny (who was ingame) and @Mexi (who was not ingame) on our IC comms. I re-group with @Franny and we raptor pack around the base a few times, keeping eyes on the main entrance, whilst @Mexi is still loading in.

I see somebody try to leave via the main gate, so myself and @Franny leg it to the entrance. At this point a short burst of gunfire erupts from inside the compound, so we loop around the opposite direction. The same person seen before tries to leap out of the compound and would've landed in front of us, but didn't jump far enough and fell too short. Myself and @Franny pull back down a ditch before another short burst of gunfire is heard.

I ask over the radio if everyone is okay, and @Mexi and @groovy willsky state that they killed those inside and we're all good.

After this, we gather our new equipment while the rest of our online roster gets online, and we do our daily CDF stuff.

groovy willsky POV: I decided to hop on and check whats up with the outpost we have. As soon as I log on I have a visual glitch (black screen) and decided to relog to try and fix it (turning antialiasing off does fix it apparantly) At no point did I hear anyone talk/yell or initiate on me. Once I log back in (As fast as I could) I move out of the barrack and get hit a bear trap (some cheecky boi placed a bear trap right at the exit of the barrack and put me at red flashing health, which is not allowed). I notice people are snooping through our storage and approach them . I get initiated on and double mic over radio and "say that my hands are going up" and mute. The OP and his crew make me drop my radio. During the hostile encounter the RP they provided there was little to no interaction, nothing but myself being told to shut up while the OP and his friend loot through our stocks. Meanwhile the other CDF guys start logging on, they initiate and we manage to wipe their 4 man raiding party without any casualties (I acquired a gun and a radio from one of the dead guys). 

I'd like to know why OP dropped a beartrap nearly under my feet without any previous interaction?

PoV:

I'm sat chilling in TS with a few people, Willsky included. As mentioned in the other PoV's he attempts to get IG but encounters a bug and relogs to fix. A minute or so goes by and he then double mic's "My hands are up" or something along those lines so we spring into action and a few of us log in to attempt a rescue mission. Stannis kills the two on the corner after initiating, I kill the guy that's holding Willsky captive and then hold a position covering Willsky so he can get out of his restraints and arm himself. We then both push the rest of the compound and find the last man, Willsky then shoots and kills him.

After the situation is finished we strip their bodies of anything worth while and continue RPing. I will say however that as Willsky mentioned a Bear Trap was placed under his feet where he logged to fix a bug and another had been placed in our base in a doorway, which isn't allowed. The second bear trap that was placed which I can only assume was by one of you hit someone that was not even involved with the situation, which in itself is a rulebreak. Due to him not dying that falls under attempted invalid kill (roleplayed) but of course that's up to staff. The person the beartrap hit was @groovy xavier.

As for us not supposedly talking, that was the point. We knew your positions due to Stannis being outside and having eyes on the building you had Willsky captive in. He said the info and I was inside of the compound, of course I'm not going to talk to give away my position. I will however say that we also didn't hear any double mic from your side. I had been inside of the compound for around 1-2 minutes before popping one of your guys in the back of your head. As for the not talking to your hostage and telling him to shut up constantly, while I understand the awe of seeing a couple of containers, perhaps next time focus on the RP at hand because it can make a situation rather sour when a hostage is ignored.

Logs have been updated calling in @Franny for their pov & any video evidence.
@Mexi I have checked the logs and I can see no record of @groovy xavier being hit by a bear trap.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Realize said:

Logs have been updated calling in @Franny for their pov & any video evidence.
@Mexi I have checked the logs and I can see no record of @groovy xavier being hit by a bear trap.

He purposefully stepped on it because it was in a doorway and wasn't giving the option to dismantle, it was around 20 or so minutes after apparently.

Edited by Mexi

PoV: I got lost in a forest for like 10 minutes and eventually find the base due to the shots fired by @groovy stannis 
After meeting up with @groovy stannis we run around the base to make sure no one leaves the area from inside.

I have no recordings of the situation.

pov: was on the outside of the base, heard they had contact had man then he was gone for long time. still out side the base the I hear them contact him "radio down" "hands up",, then in the forest man appears gun out aiming right at me and some other guy with me goes put your "hands up" and then killed both of us faster than my finger could make it to f5. 

@Nick Wilde could you explain the whole dealio with the beartrap? Did you or did you not place a beartrap on the spot where @groovy willsky logged out?
Also, Did you initiate on him as he was already in the animation to sit down or before? 

@Phoenix What whole Dealio with the beartrap? When I first saw the guy I immidiately said 'Put your fucking hands up" and he was already sitting down, Its clear that he was combat logging, despite what lies they are going to say, But anyway, I'm getting off track, After that happened I asked @Worldclass if I should put a beartrap in the doorway, Incase he comes out and I already Initiated on him once technically, and then Light twice in the barracks. I never put it right where he logged out.  And you ask "Did you initiate on him as he was already in the animation to sit down or before? " But why does it really matter, The guy was obviously combat logging, despite what "Bug" he claims he had.

48 minutes ago, Nick Wilde said:

@Phoenix What whole Dealio with the beartrap? When I first saw the guy I immidiately said 'Put your fucking hands up" and he was already sitting down, Its clear that he was combat logging, despite what lies they are going to say, But anyway, I'm getting off track, After that happened I asked @Worldclass if I should put a beartrap in the doorway, Incase he comes out and I already Initiated on him once technically, and then Light twice in the barracks. I never put it right where he logged out.  And you ask "Did you initiate on him as he was already in the animation to sit down or before? " But why does it really matter, The guy was obviously combat logging, despite what "Bug" he claims he had.

Combat logging implies there is/ was no attempt to return, which he did indeed do and was then initiated upon and captured while double miccing the entire situation. To which he then received little to no RP while everything he and the rest of the group owned was rifled through by yourself and the other person inside of the compound. As I mentioned before, he logged back in after a quick reset, hadn't been initiated upon and was unaware as he stated. Returning from this log, gaining no 'upperhand' on you and actually complying to demands, I'm baffled why this report even went up other than it seems that the reason mainly being your groups deaths.

Placing items such as bear traps or land mines within another persons base is not allowed.

4.10 Deployable weapons such as land mines, bear traps and similar items work in two different ways:

When deployed by the base owners inside a walled off and closed base, these weapons will be treated as defensive measures and thus any kills done by them will be considered valid even without any kill rights

When deployed anywhere or by anyone else they will be treated the same as any other weapon, so for example:

If someone gets injured or killed by your mine or trap which you placed in the middle of a town or a forest, it will be treated the same way as if you shot/killed them on sight with a gun

If an enemy you have valid kill rights on steps on your mine, the kill will be considered valid

I highlighted the important bits for you.

Willsky hadn't been initiated on and clearly had no knowledge of it taking place prior to being hit by the bear trap, not only that, it and another had been placed in two barracks, the one Willsky quickly relogged inside of and another, luckily for whoever placed it this would have been classed as 2x attempted invalid kill, but due to no logs being found for the second instance, it should only be seen as one.

Accusing us of lying is a stretch, just as the other accusations within this report are. 

Verdict

@groovy willsky - Combat Logging - Not Guilty
@Nick Wilde - Invalid Initiation & Attempted Invalid Kill - Guilty

Explanation

The staff team discussing this report has come to the conclusion that the combat logging accusations against @groovy willsky will be deemed not guilty. 

Although we do not have enough evidence to prove that @groovy willsky was indeed logging out in order to try and fix a screen bug, we do have obvious evidence of you admitting to him already sitting down, before disappearing. @groovy willsky also logs back in shortly after. Therefore we do not believe that he intentionally combat logged.

"When I first saw the guy I immidiately said 'Put your fucking hands up" and he was already sitting down"

As you may know, after pressing "Exit" your character will go into a sitting down animation and stay on the server for 10 seconds, even if you exit straight away. This means that it is very very possible @groovy willsky indeed didn't hear the initiation.

When initiating on someone, @Nick Wilde, you must make sure that the initiation is heard and acted on by the other person in question. You must make your intents clear and give them sufficient time to comply. Since @groovy willsky was already sitting down, he was already exiting the game. Meaning that your initiation was invalid at the time.

You should've waited for him to log back in and repeated the initiation to ensure he is actually aware of it. But you don't. Instead, you proceed to place a bear trap near the barracks in someone's base that you are raiding, which then hit @groovy willsky. Since the initiation was invalid to begin with, so was the hit on Willsky and you will therefore be punished for attempted invalid kill. 

Beartraps and Landmines may only be used as a defence mechanism in your own base, or when you are 100% sure that you have kill rights on somebody and are certain nobody uninvolved could step on it. In theory, we suggest to stay away from using them in any other scenario than as base defence as it's a dangerous gamble whether you are going to hit the right person.

With the above said, the following applies

Outcome

@groovy willsky - Combat Logging - No actions taken
@Nick Wilde - Attempted Invalid Kill - 2 Day ban + 10 warning points

Signed by @Phoenix & @Voodoo