Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 19:55
Sign in to follow this  
Uranium

Split S1 and S2 Hives

Split the Hives?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

After seeing the discussion in this link

I think both of the servers should split hives so there wouldn't be an option to ghosting as well as looting the both servers. It could also let people play as two different characters in both servers. If it happens there should be a grace period of day or two to let people take their stuff if they want to stay in other server. Lets discuss this I suppose?

Edited by Uranium
Added Poll

Posted (edited)

-1. Only if there is possibility to fit 100 players on each server  80 is not enough the 80 spikes or close to are pretty offten and will be causing problems for bigger groups to play together in prime times.

Edited by PaulB

I thought Rolle said that isnt possible? 🤔

8 minutes ago, Malet said:

I thought Rolle said that isnt possible? 🤔

No. Joining HIVEs is difficult and unsupported. Splitting them is the default way DayZ works.

There are different groups living in S1 and S2, and they interact with each other. We don't want people to change their character when they change server.

We need the two servers. I want to be able to switch and continue where I was if I wanna meet someone on the other server for RP reasons.

If someone is ghosting, report them and they'll get their punishment.

9 minutes ago, William89 said:

There are different groups living in S1 and S2, and they interact with each other. We don't want people to change their character when they change server.

It was just a suggestion, doesn't necesserily needs to happen. You can still play both servers with same character.

Posted (edited)

While it is a solution to the ghosting problem, I think it's a bit extreme. People switch servers regularly not to abuse the game but to interact with different people. The servers are often full which means it's somewhat like playing with 160 people if you are switching between the two in order to talk to different groups. If you split them it would be very isolated RP and leave you with only 80. A lot of people wouldn't want to regear on a different server anyways so you'd have 1 server with extremely large Qs and the other practically empty. No thank you.

I think what DayZ did to prevent ghosting is smart and if possible something we should adopt. Spawning players switching between servers in set locations.

Edited by SmashingWB

Im going against the grain here and would vote +1.

I like characters being locked to a server. I rarely switch servers unless I really need to as im finding there are different communities on each server and its just weird swapping to a parallel universe with different buildings/camps and carrying on as if its all the same world. Its not. Each server seems to have its own politics as some groups only exist on one server and now we are getting the situation where two different groups have built in the same location on different servers. How do you Rp that? “hey you know the group in X camp by the castle”…. “Oh you mean the beastie boys? …. “no man…. On the other server….the spice girls”….. “Wtf….”

12 minutes ago, andysuter said:

Im going against the grain here and would vote +1.

I like characters being locked to a server. I rarely switch servers unless I really need to as im finding there are different communities on each server and its just weird swapping to a parallel universe with different buildings/camps and carrying on as if its all the same world. Its not. Each server seems to have its own politics as some groups only exist on one server and now we are getting the situation where two different groups have built in the same location on different servers. How do you Rp that? “hey you know the group in X camp by the castle”…. “Oh you mean the beastie boys? …. “no man…. On the other server….the spice girls”….. “Wtf….”

This, that happened to me once, we were on Vybor on S1 and some dude said "Damn I guess traders are not here anymore" but in fact he was talking about the traders in S2 so I had to say no ic then had to type "// they are on S2" and this kinda fucks up the immersion IMO.

I disagree even as the creator of the other discussion. The only real arguement as to why this should happen is the bases, which on a grander scale isn't so much of an issue.

I used to want this because of the abuse that was being seen through ghosting and such.

With the implementation of positional logs, this has largely been curbed, and most 'ghosting' reports now are more people not understanding how someone could break into/jump into/etc their base, not actual issues of ghosting. 

-1 from me

I actually prefer to be able to play on any server, since S1 is sometimes full and I don't feel like waiting an hour in queue. So I just switch to S2, but it really would be annoying if the character there is on a different location and all... how should you explain that? No thanks

Spliting s1 and s2 just to counter a problem with ghosting in bases its a nono from me.

As much as I use to stand against connected servers, given the issues of abuse such as;

• Ghosting
  • Loot farming
  • Avoiding roleplay

I for one will say that I think the servers should remain as this would split the community in half, and I don't think it's necessary to do so.

the community is too large for this to be a thing.

+1 

I do believe this will solve the vast majority of ghosting problems. I'd like to see this happen. Raiding will be more realistic and bring RP. People quit over Ghosting when there is a simple solution but it's not being enforced. It might be easier for Devs too. Less Ghosting reports and more groups to be had. More time for staff to have fun. When ever I play, the servers arent full so I support this idea.