Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 14:11
Sign in to follow this  
Holy-Bucket

Prosthetic limbs

So if i was to play a character with, let's say a prosthetic leg, what would be the best and most compelling way (in all of your opinions) to RP around it?

From what I've heard just play it however you like.

Whenever you see someone in game, or happen to surround yourself around groups of people, you could emote in the text box something along the lines of.

*You may notice his right leg is prosthetic.*

So people can roleplay it out and notice it in character. 

21 minutes ago, Popet said:

Whenever you see someone in game, or happen to surround yourself around groups of people, you could emote in the text box something along the lines of.

*You may notice his right leg is prosthetic.*

So people can roleplay it out and notice it in character. 

like she said you could emote in the text box and pull off the leg or clean it off

Textrp it out yeah, just don't make it as long as a CVS receipt. (Sorry EU fellas you won't get that reference).

Though...
I think it'd be cool seeing proper character model changes for specific prosthetic, thing is that's a lot of fucking work.

Maybe set that shit on a commission @Roland that way you get some money you for a the slav... I mean devs...

Otherwise yeah, I'd be down to see proper prosthetics ig, but I doubt it'll happen.

12 minutes ago, Mugin said:

Textrp it out yeah, just don't make it as long as a CVS receipt. (Sorry EU fellas you won't get that reference).

Though...
I think it'd be cool seeing proper character model changes for specific prosthetic, thing is that's a lot of fucking work.

Maybe set that shit on a commission @Roland that way you get some money you for a the slav... I mean devs...

Otherwise yeah, I'd be down to see proper prosthetics ig, but I doubt it'll happen.

I have some things in mind but it's not possible to do anything with the character model itself.

15 minutes ago, Mugin said:

Though...

i dont think a prosthetic leg in game would be a good idea because honestly someone might try and rob you for your fake leg lol  

Just now, aJoogie said:

i dont think a prosthetic leg in game would be a good idea because honestly someone might try and rob you for your fake leg lol  

Y'all mind if I: crawl around the map.

4 minutes ago, Holy-Bucket said:

Y'all mind if I: crawl around the map.

we would have a lot of people crawling 

Set up a bind with whatever application of your choice with an emote that appears in chat. Consider if it'd be visible with what you're wearing and whether you'd have it covered up.

6 minutes ago, aJoogie said:

Disadvantaging your characters with something is always a good way to improve your character and roleplay. No one likes a Mary Sue.

1 minute ago, Xavier said:

Set up a bind with whatever application of your choice with an emote that appears in chat. Consider if it'd be visible with what you're wearing and whether you'd have it covered up.

Disadvantaging your characters with something is always a good way to improve your character and roleplay. No one likes a Mary Sue.

it could work with an emote but a leg for your actual character i feel like would never work 

I'm not suggesting you pretend to be Adam Jensen or anything but functional metal robotic prosthetics with a full range of motion exist, meaning that you have options outside of a useless attachment.

I've actually encountered someone playing with a prosthetic leg. It never came up until they removed their shoes and they emoted it. 

I'd use it as something to have people remember you by, if you wear trousers you can just further your story by explaining the leg to them and emoting it in * chat *. I mean if you decide to wear shorts given it's Summer you could also just set up a bind as Xavier said so whenever someone interacts with you they forced to notice it as soon as they see you.

Would be cool to see someone do this in-game!