Server time (UTC): 2019-08-18, 10:10
Sign in to follow this  
fitzy245

The ramblings of Beau Jenkins

Posted (edited)

Date: Who the fuck knows

Journal Entry: 1 

Well, I have been out on my own for a couple of years now, always kept moving. Never was much for stayin in one spot for long. I recently started to venture out into more populated places in the hopes of meeting some trustworthy people. I don’t have much faith in that happening. Made it up to Novaya Petrovka a few days ago to find what seemed to be three different groups building up the town again. Not real sure of the two groups that were sharin the industrial complex, Wolf Pack and Saviors, or Sanctuary... something like that. Fuck, who knows..who really cares? The third group called themselves The Irish, men after my own heart, so far it seems they just want a place for people to hang out, trade and get drunk. 

The only reason I knew about this place was because I happened to run across three of the people from one of the industrial groups, Wolfpack guys I think. I think one was named Will or Willie, some other dude that asked me for my blood within the first 30 seconds of meetin them and a girl, don’t remember her name either. I’m pretty horrible with names. Within a few minutes of being there the shit talking begins. 

I hear both of the groups of witchever the fuck group talking shit about staying away from certain areas because the Irish are assholes, the Cherno-Russians are dickheads blah blah blah. Of course I sit there and start a fire, minding my own business (at least that’s what I wanted them to believe) and began to grill some lamb chops as I listen closely. The most valuable thing in this world isn’t guns, ammo, beer, liquor, tobacco or even weed, it’s information I’m after. The whole reason I went out on my own on a “spirit walk” or whatever ya want to call it was because it’s the same shit in every group, someone has something, another backstabs someone else and starts some sort of war over some horse shit. 

Anyway, as I sat there making small talk and trying to soak in as much information about what both groups seem to stand for, or claim to stand for. I start to overhear that one of the groups were sneaking around and whispering about one of their own needed urgent treatment for cannibalisism. 

The next little bit of information I gather is about someone in either the same group or the one sharing the complex was being accused of making some inappropriate comments to some kid. Of course I didn’t stay in town, didn’t want shit to do with either of them if the rumors turn out to be true. 

The next day I moseyed over near the bar supposedly owned by the Irish and meet a few people. I didn’t hear much shit talking about other group, but a lot of shit talking to each other, just like the bars back home. The next day both of the groups that were sharing the complex were either dead, or ran away. This is one of the main reasons I don’t settle in bases with big groups.

I don’t trust people very easily, I always keep my head on a swivel and If I can find that select trusted few to travel with if someone can gain my trust I think it would make our lives a little easier. 

There seems to be more infected around every day, even traveling between towns through the woods is getting more difficult. I did meet a youngin at the bar, helped me out when I passed out and he saved my gear for me. I can’t remember his name to save my life, Elliot or something, maybe it started with a C... who knows. There was also a young girl named Storm I think watching those two and the awkward “thing” going on between them is hilarious. He tries so hard with cheesy pickup lines and shitty presents. There was a pretty interesting little blonde that showed up, very pretty with her black cowboy hat and the brains to match. I kind of helped her find a weapon she has been lookin for for a while. She showed me her little camp set up nearby. I should have gotten her radio frequency before going to bed, she had mentioned us going on an epic adventure but I would have just put her in danger, I had been awake for two days.

Edited by fitzy245

Journal Entry 2

Days since infection:  Who knows...

Not much to say today, I went out on a hunt this morning, I swung by Ashley's little camp in town on my way back and didn’t see her, it’s possible she went on her adventure she was talking about. I may send out a radio broadcast and see if she hears it.