Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 22:30 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
FknSnow

Non-lethal Bullets/Weapons

Non-lethal ammo/weapons  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

players who are willing to be test bunnies and get knocked out

This sounds cool as frick. Maybe make it a different color though? I wouldn't want to mix up my slugs and beanbags in my hotbar. My only concern is damage to clothing, which would really suck. 

I'd totally volunteer for a test.

10 hours ago, Baron said:

Health and blood level exclusively govern consciousness now, instead of the previously hidden shock stat

Low health doesn't cause unconsciousness, only blood. Low blood causes shock, which causes unconsciousness. I don't recall the devs ever removing the shock stat but I could just have shit memory. Maybe you're mistaking it with the meme bone stat or something?

For whatever reason, the DayZ devs decided to make 2 seperate shell models, meaning that instead of having 1 model for all shells with different textures (Aka Red for buck and green for slugs) they decided to make two seperate models.

This makes it a bit more difficult for me to change the colour, but I'll find a way don't worry too much 😉 

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

but I'll find a way don't worry too much

It'll pave the path for more 12ga variations and meme rounds.

I will suck your di- give you beans if you add incendiary shotgun rounds at some point

image.png.7acf0e225158805e18fef21783b0a701.png

I am honestly surprised the official devs haven't implemented tasers or beanbag ammo into the game yet. +1

So I read about this thing a few months back.

alt-ballistics.jpg.163d2b879b06120c793ce32a955dab9c.jpgThe-Alternative-3.jpg.031f362274b016e1bb3616141cee96d1.jpg

Maybe the addition of a comon attachment that turns bullets into non lethal could do the trick instead of adding special ammo for all the guns. I dont know, maybe the attachment could make the first 5 bullets fired non lethal and then it just gets ruined. 

Dont really know if its possible at the moment but might as well leave it here.

Posted (edited)

Unless you’re mag dumping 20-30 bullets as is its non lethal lol.

Use .308 guns do ‘lethal rounds’ and anything else for ‘beanbag bullets’

edit: seeing some of the suggestions, why not just add a taser back in for non lethal?

Edited by groovy cali

8 minutes ago, groovy cali said:

Unless you’re mag dumping 20-30 bullets as is its non lethal lol.

Use .308 guns do ‘lethal rounds’ and anything else for ‘beanbag bullets’

edit: seeing some of the suggestions, why not just add a taser back in for non lethal?

Because it dont work.

20190719224806_1.jpg.b734dd6ff0011e0465321084af8c6608.jpg20190719225023_1.jpg.259b4b648f7684c551622deeff3f6cbd.jpg

@keibancz @Baron

Introducing Duck Armaments beanbag rounds.

Visuals are done, still gotta do some testing with the unpacking of the box and shooting actual players.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

20190719224806_1.jpg.b734dd6ff0011e0465321084af8c6608.jpg20190719225023_1.jpg.259b4b648f7684c551622deeff3f6cbd.jpg

@keibancz @Baron

Visuals are done, still gotta do some testing with the unpacking of the box and shooting actual players.

I literally can't hand out any more Beanz...

You absolute legend. I've been looking for these to be implemented for a very long time, thank you for your continued contributions as always. 

46 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Should've retextured the buckshot so it's crimped smh (jk this is wonderful ty)

image.png.6f64160e9ab6fe8456aa94b834e83582.png

So what effects will they have? unconciousness?

7 minutes ago, Ciiber said:

So what effects will they have? unconciousness?

The idea is that it will temporarily cause you to go unconscious without damaging you.

For the effects, I say;

1. If limb (arm or leg) is shot.

• Instant crippling effect that lasts 90 seconds, and slowly regenerates the player back to full mobility. Second shot anywhere unconsciousiness for 30 seconds.

2. If body (head, torso, pelvis, etc) is shot.

• Instantly unconscious for 30 seconds. This will grant players time to restrain them.

Note: Distance will negate the effect of whether or not it will be instantly unconscious on the first shot (anywhere).

16 minutes ago, CamoRP said:

For the effects, I say;

1. If limb (arm or leg) is shot.

• Instant crippling effect that lasts 90 seconds, and slowly regenerates the player back to full mobility. Second shot anywhere unconsciousiness for 30 seconds.

2. If body (head, torso, pelvis, etc) is shot.

• Instantly unconscious for 30 seconds. This will grant players time to restrain them.

Note: Distance will negate the effect of whether or not it will be instantly unconscious on the first shot (anywhere).

Great idea, way too much work for a small item like beanbags tho

No, I prefer to slay my enemies.

@Ducky I don't want to interrupt you... or rescue a post that was forgotten... But I am curious!

Did this work? Will the non lethal bullets come in the next patch? 😃

Studies just started so probably not next patch. But I will look into making it work eventually. 

I know you guys are all busy and doing great work - but if there's any way to slightly prioritize it it would be fucking awesome. I can see so many applications and opportunities for roleplay with these rounds - would love to see them ingame!

This implemented could add a whole new aspect to military/security crowd control and even hostage/prison rp. so a +1 from me!