Server time (UTC): 2019-11-18, 02:24
Sign in to follow this  
Mugin

Add Safety Mechanic to Guns

Add Saftey "button" to Guns  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why? Safety first.

In all seriousness though, would this be at all possible or a mechanic people may be interested in adding?

I always thought it was odd there wasn't an option... +1

if it’s possible to add it via another press of x, then yeah that’d be cool.

Don't point your gun at people simple.

It would be an interesting feature and I wouldn't object to having it. I don't know why we would really need it in terms of gameplay besides for immersion though, also don't know if it's possible.

Posted (edited)

This would be cool if a sound effect/animation was added when pressing that key.

Edited by William89

Yeah, I would like this to be added.

Kind of a useless feature to add... If you want to shoot your gun shoot it, if you don't, dont?...

Some weapons don't actually have applied safeties, I honestly think it's a waste of time.

If the Devs have time, add it I guess. It's not urgent though. 

In RL? Sure P30L, Manuel Safety with Decocker give it all to me.

Ingame this should be enough, for RP purposes just emote it.

maxresdefault.jpg

could just add it as an emote

You already need to take out your gun, aim, and i usually zoom in so... its just too many steps imo. adding safety could just make it tedious, id definitely never use it 

Dont aim at something you dont intend to shoot at. Boom. Safety.

😎

Posted (edited)

I like the idea and in my eyes it can serve a purpose. I sometimes bug out or due to a faulty mouse, when I press mmb it inadverantly pushes down my rmb and lmb. Could be useful in preventing weapon malfunctions. +1 from me. Especially if the old tabbing in glitch rears its ugly head again as bad as before in 0.62. I still sometimes have a problem with a runaway gun unless I tab out a certain way.

I would make it a double press of x though. To prevent you accidently going on safety in heat of the moment situations. Just a personal preference

Edited by SmashingWB

It would be a nice small feature, something as a reminder. It would take getting used but I think it will be a nice addition to immersion. 👍

"mY FiNgR iS mY SaFeTy" 

Nah but in all serious, I couldn't care less. It would be a cool little thing to add for a bit more realism I guess. But I like not having to do that. 

Yes. This would be nice and add a cool element of RPing when teaching someone to use a gun for example.

Would be cool, but you're talking a whole extra function added to a weapon/weapons which means a overhaul of all current weapons and a animation to show it's flicking on or off based on each weapon ...

I don't think we really have the ability to mod that far yet with the current abilities in DayZ, but it would be a neato thing to have either way!

11 hours ago, Brayces said:

Would be cool, but you're talking a whole extra function added to a weapon/weapons which means a overhaul of all current weapons and a animation to show it's flicking on or off based on each weapon ...

I don't think we really have the ability to mod that far yet with the current abilities in DayZ, but it would be a neato thing to have either way!

Nah I don't mean an animation or anything like that.
It's as simple as pressing S on the keyboard like how you press X to change rate of fire.

Doesn't need to be overly complicated, but it would be cool if those additions could be added.

The main reason I bring it up, is it could just make for some interesting interactions. Either forgetting to take if off safety when fighting, or getting robbed and the attacker forgetting to take it off safety. It's basically just a realism addition that could create some interesting scenarios.

Other have thought of some cool ideas too, so I appreciate that. It's what you make of it really.

i mean im sure the devs have way more important stuff to add but if it isn't too much work then i dont see why not

I dunno about this one. Is it really necessary? The mechanic is simply down press the left mouse button