Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 12:11
Sign in to follow this  
Conor

Change naloxone effect to make it realistic

Change Naloxone effects or leave as is?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

So in the latest patch 19.7.3, Naloxone has been added and according to the patch notes it gives the same effect as epinephrine.

This reaches a total of 0/10 on the does it make sense scale.

Naloxone is a drug which blocks the effects of opoids and is commonly used in pre-hospital care to treat patients suffering from heroin overdoses. Now whilst we do not have actual heroin in the game, I think it would make a whole lot more sense to have the IG effects of Naloxone cancel out the effects of the opoids we do have in-game such as morphine, codine, oxycodone etc. instead of giving you the effects of adrenaline.

Edited by Conor

Posted (edited)

I'm personally not too bothered, but if it's possible then why not. I don't mind it being changed to reflect it's real life counterpart more realistically.

Edited by Banshee

Tagging @Kerkkoh for relevancy.

Personally, I think it is a great idea to have it remove effects, but if that is possible or not is up to Kerk.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Tagging @Kerkkoh for relevancy.

Personally, I think it is a great idea to have it remove effects, but if that is possible or not is up to Kerk.

If it's not possible to have Naloxone remove the effects of opoids people have taken, IMO it should have no effect at all in-game. Let people RP out the effect of their heroin trip getting ruined.

I was actually rather confused when this popped up originally, I'm glad you made a post about this Conor. 

Yes as far as I'm concerned our current medicine works as an approximation to its real like equivalent, why shouldn't this? It would also be a unique drug in having a cancelling effect on the opioids you mentioned, and if possible I for one am more than keen on expanding the list of what we can allow our medical RP'ers to do for their patients or allies. 

While I'm super happy to see more medical items being added to the game, I gotta concede that Narcan doing the exact opposite of it's real life purpose is a little zany.

I'm in favor of having it have the same effect as the real drug, or no effect at all and being a roleplay item.

With 16 votes for yes, I think we now have a general consensus from the whole community ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Please can we make this change now? 😄

1 minute ago, Conor said:

With 16 votes for yes, I think we now have a general consensus from the whole community ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Please can we make this change now? 😄

yea updates in 2 weeks 😎

Don't really care either one works I guess.

Yes please, sense / nothing > no sense.

I'm 100% for this, would be nice for it to do what it does in real life for sure.

I say go ahead and change it, and while you're at it, change the color of the Injector's colortexture to Green or something relevant. Rather not get it confused with the yellow Epipen.