Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 06:57
Sign in to follow this  
Crimson_Tiger

*UPDATE* What SHOTGUN would you like to see added? (Multiple Choice)

What shotgun would you add to the game?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

To quote former Vice President Joe Biden, "Buy a shotgun!" You can not deny the reliability and blasting power of a good old fashioned shotgun! Even though this classic has been remade with more modern components and parts and semi-automatic to full auto. The shotgun is the classic go-to-gun for the zombie apocalypse. Here are few suggestion that I'd like y'all to vote on. What would you choose to add to this game? Personally, I would like to see the SPAS-12. 

italian-franchi-spas-12-combat-shotgun-andrew-chittock.jpg

500px-Striker12.jpg

39281-DEFAULT-l.jpg

MTS-255_WS.jpg

1920px-Ружьё_магазинное_РМБ-93_-_Технологии_в_машиностроении-2010_01.jpg

Kel-Tec_KSG.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-08-16-at-8.42.58-AM.png

download (2).jpg

Benelli_m4_2.jpg

1b40721c-3627-4003-9065-37fcf76288d0_l.jpg

aa12.jpg

baikal-mp-27-double-barrel-over-under-gun_f.jpg

Kalashnikov-USA-MP-27-ft-image.jpg

16b71917d0ab65ad136c462d0f4df5ea.jpg.89026f56419bcaddc41daec87fc0d6e7.jpg

Edited by Crimson_Tiger
Added more suggestion from community

Double barrel for that sawed off goodness, everything else is sub-par

DayZ_Screenshot_2019.06.29_-_16.14.40.74

This one is currently in the game files, however we are not able to get it working at the moment, perhaps with a later update we can.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

DayZ_Screenshot_2019.06.29_-_16.14.40.74

This one is currently in the game files, however we are not able to get it working at the moment, perhaps with a later update we can.

What a beauty! I wish y'all the best on getting that bad boy up and running! 

Double barrel break action stylized off the BK19 animation maybe.

Posted (edited)

I imagine that once the magnum gets added in we could play around with adding the MTs255. There's even a police version with folding stock that could be laying around in the police stations (EDIT: after a quick talk with Ducky, I've come to the realization that there'd be no reason for the police to use this when the Saiga exists).

img_3186-tm-tfb.jpg

Edited by Kenyi
See edited post.

I will also add, not that I do not enjoy these posts, I really do @Crimson_Tiger, the majority of these weapons really do not make sense in Chernarus, with a few exceptions like the Izh 43 and M870

Posted (edited)

Spas 12... Educate your selves

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I will also add, not that I do not enjoy these posts, I really do @Crimson_Tiger, the majority of these weapons really do not make sense in Chernarus, with a few exceptions like the Izh 43 and M870

Oh right but it makes sense that everyone walks about the gaff with golden Deagles? Get real, you either go full realism or not at all no point picking and choosing.

Edited by ChrisW

5 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

- snarky -

Alright simmer.

I'll have you know those golden deagle spawns were decreased heavily, but obviously not heavily enough for your taste.

I'll have a look specifically at that deagle issue since I am not happy with it either, it should be an event item honestly.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Alright simmer.

I'll have you know those golden deagle spawns were decreased heavily, but obviously not heavily enough for your taste.

I'll have a look specifically at that deagle issue since I am not happy with it either, it should be an event item honestly.

Im simmered chief nicely done, I think you just took me the wrong way but lovely. Good to hear you're on it.

Edited by ChrisW

21 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I'm glad you enjoy these posts. I don't want the Dev team to feel pressure at all about poll/requests. I hope it give y'all insight, that's all. And about whether these weapons make sense in Chernarus, I'm glad to explain. Chernerus is an off piece of Russia, so adding more Russian weapons is key, I agree. I wish to acknowledge that in Russia, western firearms are also very popular because they are different. Chernerus is near Ukraine and Turkey. Ukraine, since 2014, has been increasing trade with the west and pushing to become more European than Russian. Turkey is a NATO member and has strong western ties. Both of these countries trade with both Russia, The EU, and the USA. With a neighboring nation like Chernerus so close and likely heavy trade partners with these two pro west nations, I am assuming that western weaponry, and equipment will be available in the country. Maybe not common but present. Not to mention, Russia also has a fascination with Western weaponry and hunting weapons. Like all my posts, I aim to add some influence of western culture in the hunting and gun culture of the country. In fact, according to friends of the family, Russia prefer Western weaponry for accuracy. They are more expensive because domestic is cheaper. 

Personally, most of the suggested fire arms in my posts are based on theories and research. A few select fire arms are simply for the cool factor or a rare treasure item. I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my posts. It means a lot. Keep it up Devs! You're doing great! 

Posted (edited)

If it's possible to add to the list, the Baikal mp-153 would be a great addition. It's a semi-automatic shotgun manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern. It's used in Russia, Kazakhstan, and the US.  Reasoning: I think DayZ RP could use a semi-automatic civilian shotgun. I've read through the comments on most of your polls and a lot of people want A. Less people using military grade weaponry, B. Eastern/ Soviet manufactured arms, and C. Weapons that would be located in Chernarus. I also think this weapon could have future customization with having the ability to change different stocks (Polymer, Wood, Naked), Grips (Polymer, Wood), and possibly Chokes. 

Edited by HavocHound

-1 your taste is disgusting. Also Im pretty sure the MTs255 isn't pump action?

If more shotguns are going to be added, I'd at least want an MP153 first, or maybe a MTs 20-01, or maybe a TOZ106. Overall the game is really lacking in terms of regional firearms so I'd like to see things like these added long before your meme guns. 

Remington would be dope, specifically one with a flashlight like the one in the DayZ Mod.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, keibancz said:

-1 your taste is disgusting. Also Im pretty sure the MTs255 isn't pump action?

If more shotguns are going to be added, I'd at least want an MP153 first, or maybe a MTs 20-01, or maybe a TOZ106. Overall the game is really lacking in terms of regional firearms so I'd like to see things like these added long before your meme guns.

What he is doing is going to Wikipedia for a list of firearms. He is then picking out ones he thinks the community would enjoy. It's not bad that he's doing it this way, but maybe expanding past Wikipedia for a larger pool of firearms would be better. While I do agree with you @keibancz that the game needs regional firearms, I don't think he deserves to have his tastes called disgusting. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shotguns

Edited by HavocHound

Gonna through another gun out there.

The Baikal Model 27 is an over-under shotgun produced by Izhevsky Mekhanichesky Zavod. Similarly to the Izh43 Shotgun (planned to be implemented to Dayz in future), the Baikal Model 27 could be sawed off.

Reasoning: Over-under shotguns are kind of a staple to the survival genre. Under-over shotguns are extremly common around the world for hunting, home defense, sport shooting, and competition. An under-over shotgun was in the DayZ Mod.

Also, thought it was weird Bohemia interactive is adding an over-under shotgun to the new Arma 3 DLC rather than DayZ. 

pix564243948.jpg

Posted (edited)

I know it's not on the list but...AA-12. Nuff said.

Any game that has the option of using an AA-12 is greatly enhanced in my opinion. 

Edited by Samaritan

8 minutes ago, Samaritan said:

I know it's not on the list but...AA-12. Nuff said.

Any game that has the option of using an AA-12 is greatly enhanced in my opinion. 

Just the mention of AA-12 brings a tear to my eye...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjXcEM04_eE

SPAS-12 all the way. Ive always loved that thing in just about every game ive used it in. 
Its got such a nice look to it.

Double Barrel and Mossberg 590, both classics in their own ways.

9 hours ago, Conor said:

ADDED, thanks for the Feedback

7 hours ago, HavocHound said:

If it's possible to add to the list, the Baikal mp-153 would be a great addition. It's a semi-automatic shotgun manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern. It's used in Russia, Kazakhstan, and the US.  Reasoning: I think DayZ RP could use a semi-automatic civilian shotgun. I've read through the comments on most of your polls and a lot of people want A. Less people using military grade weaponry, B. Eastern/ Soviet manufactured arms, and C. Weapons that would be located in Chernarus. I also think this weapon could have future customization with having the ability to change different stocks (Polymer, Wood, Naked), Grips (Polymer, Wood), and possibly Chokes. 

Thank you for your suggestions. I added them both. Check them out and give them a vote! 

I've always wanted a spas-12.

11 hours ago, Ducky said:

Lots of shit doesn't make sense, but we're told to suspend disbelief. Any form of realism was thrown out a long time ago.