Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 14:00
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 6 hours, 59 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Padlock

New Assault Rifle

Adding the Russian AK-12 Military Rifle

Reasoning: More Russian/Eastern European weapons as well as it allows those who like the AK platform to still use sights and some other attachments made for the m4/m16 only such as the Acog scope and the Western red dot site

TB2QF0eDr5YBuNjSspoXXbeNFXa_!!2465011416.jpg

Big nope. How the hell would barely adopted russian service rifle find itself in chernarus? Rather have optic mounts for western sights than this.

1 minute ago, Isaiah CortezPVE said:

Big nope. How the hell would barely adopted russian service rifle find itself in chernarus? Rather have optic mounts for western sights than this.

second this thought, defo not taki life out here 

The AK-12/15 rifle has just recently finished testing in the real world and has been barely adopted into the Russian army. Heck after the outbreak I doubt they would of continued to develop it as theres more pressing matters.

Also it just be the same as an Ak74

3 minutes ago, Greener161 said:

The AK-12/15 rifle has just recently finished testing in the real world and has been barely adopted into the Russian army. Heck after the outbreak I doubt they would of continued to develop it as theres more pressing matters.

Also it just be the same as an Ak74

More politics smh

Just add it it makes the server better

1 hour ago, JackZRP said:

More politics smh

While I know it is a hard topic to grasp there are several individuals in this community who care about lore and the accuracy of items in Chernarus.

An AK-12 is just as good of a fit as an AA-12 Automatic Shotgun, which likely will never see the light of day in Chernarus either.

It's a -1 from me.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JackZRP said:

More politics smh

Increasing the amount and variety of weapons that could spawn increases the quality of the server 🤔

But I'll have to say no as well for the reasons that are already stated above, it makes no sense for such a modern weapon to be implemented when the world went to hell in 2017.

Edited by Kenyi

Truthfully most people who say no are correct. It’s a beautiful rifle and I’d love to see it, but it’s simply not meant to be.

However. There are plenty of attachments in the real world and in vast circulation for the after market parts section, that would achieve similar results. Primarily side rail mounts that would allow standard picatiny rail attachments such sighs, lasers, flashlights, grips and all manner of other tacticool stuff. Truthfully we already have the Kobra sight, which mounts to the side rails of all AK based guns ( save for the PP-19 we have which has standard rails on the dustcover ) and could possibly be modified by the developers to simply end in a mount system similar to how the M14 that is currently in the game has it. You need the rail to attach western optics.

boom problem solved and you have western optics on eastern guns.

@Hex

Actually, the PP-19 Vityaz features both a picatinny rail and the russian Dovetail sidemount for optics like the Kobra sight as seen here.

dovetail.png.a69150b91e2c7d05489c5213ab5de5de.png

You are more than capable of mounting both western sights using the rails, or eastern sights using the dovetail mount.

-1 I prefer more civilian weaponry, and less common military weaponry. Everyone, even child characters run around with assault rifles at this point and it's not what we need.

RPK and Vepr(in a few calibers) as well as ADAR coming within a few weeks most likely. I feel those make more sense in such a setting as Chernarus and the time we are in. And they will both have dovetail attachment points.

7 minutes ago, Misho said:

RPK and Vepr(in a few calibers) as well as ADAR coming within a few weeks most likely. I feel those make more sense in such a setting as Chernarus and the time we are in. And they will both have dovetail attachment points.

Honestly love you chief ❤️ 

6 hours ago, Isaiah CortezPVE said:

How the hell would barely adopted western weapons find themselves in Chernarus? If the game has snowflake western guns, I want my AN-94. If the devs and DayZRP admins wanted realistic firearms in Chernarus, they would've done so long ago.

Also is it too much to ask for an AK105 or other modernized AK variants too? Can we have an SVD with wooden furniture? 

Would love to see a G3 or a G36 In-Game, as they are pretty common weapons within many global security forces, mercenary organizations and paramilitary units around the world.

12 hours ago, Malet said:

Would love to see a G3 or a G36 In-Game, as they are pretty common weapons within many global security forces, mercenary organizations and paramilitary units around the world.

i would love to see a G36

what if a group was trying to make newer technology for advantages 

I just want a Famas 

18 hours ago, WongRP said:

I just want a Famas 

only if, only if!

lets see a minigun