Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 12:34
Sign in to follow this  
Cedrea

Car suddenly stopped working

So I managed to find an Olga in working condition, all it needed was a sparking plug. GREAT! I get to drive this thing for about 10 minutes and then, all of a sudden, the car stops and black smoke starts coming from it's engine.

Now what I don't understand is why this happened. No engine check light was on at the moment of it getting ruined. 

Also, is it possible to repair a car once it has been ruined?

Its a manual, if you overload the engine with too many RPMs on first gear it will smoke. You have to keep the RPMs low if you dont plan on switching gears.

I dont believe you can repair a car when its ruined. I have not found a way, even by replacing everything.

1 minute ago, Aisling said:

Its a manual, if you overload the engine with too many RPMs on first gear it will smoke.

Yeah, I know that. I did keep it from going into red RPM so that's not the issue here either.

Just now, Cedrea said:

Yeah, I know that. I did keep it from going into red RPM so that's not the issue here either.

Did you fill the radiator with water?

Yep, I did. Not sure if it was full but I definitely put about 5 liters of water into the damn thing at least. As I said, no check engine light was on. From what I've read if the water/oil level is too low the check engine light is supposed to be on.