S1 - Invalid Kill - Military base by Vybor

Server and location: S1 US Military base by vybor

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 17.07.2019 16:45 ish

Your in game name: Nate Williams

Names of allies involved: N/A

Name of suspect/s: N/A

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): None

Detailed description of the events: I walked into one of the military buildings in the base and saw a landmine placed right in front of the entrance. I tried to walk around it just to be safe but I also was aware that it is against the rules to randomly place a landmine. Despite trying to avoid the mine it went off and killed me.

Pretty annoying.

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
16:44:17 | Player "Nate Williams" is connected
17:00:24 | Player "Nate Williams" has been disconnected

15:57:24 | Player "Logan Phillips" is connected
16:50:05 | Player "Logan Phillips" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
16:51:52 | Player "Nate Williams" hit by Player "Logan Phillips" with LandMineExplosion into (-1) for 9.76148 damage (LandMineExplosion)

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
16:51:52 | Player "Nate Williams" (DEAD) killed by Player "Logan Phillips" with Land Mine

Calling in:

@Logan Conners - POSTED

For his full POV and any evidence he may have. Keep posts strictly to POV's and evidence only, do not contribute to back and forth. Furthermore, due to forum inactivity, @Logan Conners will be temporarily banned until he provides his POV.

Posted (edited)

hey there here's what happened, so i tried to place the landmine inside hoping the zombies that i just escaped from would trigger the mine when i opened the door,  which it didn't... So after many attempts at shooting the mine to try and make it blow up i just left it be. I even ran around it and it didn't go off, so i figured it would be OK.   I also thought it would remove the mine after a restart.  I am very sorry this happened and it wasn't my intention to kill anyone with it.

Edited by Logan Conners

@Logan Conners your temp ban has been removed. Please keep an eye on this thread just in case we request further answers.

Summary:

@Logan Conners placed a landmine at the entrance of one if the military buildings in hopes that infected would trigger the landmine once the door was opened. Unfortunately for him this did not happen. @Nathlights saw the landmine and tried to walk around it to avoid it, but despite trying to avoid the mine it went off and killed him.

Explanation:

@Logan Conners As the mine you placed killed another player it get's treated as if you shot/kill him on sight with a gun as rule 4.10 states.In future try to avoid placing landmines in random places, especially places that are prone to have a lot of players in as you run the risk of breaking a rule.

Spoiler

4.10 Deployable weapons such as land mines, bear traps and similar items work in two different ways:

When deployed by the base owners inside a walled off and closed base, these weapons will be treated as defensive measures and thus any kills done by them will be considered valid even without any kill rights

When deployed anywhere or by anyone else they will be treated the same as any other weapon, so for example:

If someone gets injured or killed by your mine or trap which you placed in the middle of a town or a forest, it will be treated the same way as if you shot/killed them on sight with a gun

If an enemy you have valid kill rights on steps on your mine, the kill will be considered valid

Outcome:

@Logan Conners - Invalid Kill (on sight) - 7 day ban and 10 warning points.

Signed by @Saunders, @Voodoo & @Samti