Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 12:09
Sign in to follow this  
Padlock

Belt Pack

Would it be possible to have the buttpack be able to take up the knife slot on the belt aswell as being able to be placed on the assault vest?

I think there's a point where you're capable of having too much inventory space. I think this especially is an example especially when someone can wear one on their smersh vest and their belt.

In my opinion, we already have backpacks with 100 slots that way next to nothing that can be combined with the assault vest and buttpack, medipacks that give 9 extra slots that can be placed on your belt and vest respectively and full military gear. The arguement of to many slots at this point is virtually pointless because you can have more than enough slots and what does it matter in the long run? Because if you over do it you'll no longer be able to run and become a easy target

Would this make sense?  Yes.

Am I horribly itching for this to be implemented?  Not really, no.  If it is though, I'd say only let it happen on tactical belts to keep with the military loot-spawn nature of the Smersh Vest and bag.

It does pretty much seem pointless though, why not just wear a vest to attach it to and use a knife in the holster?

Simply for people who wish to wear more defensive vests, or want more civilian clothes but don't want to be lacking as much in the slot department. In the long run I'm just tossing ideas that seem useful to me.

52 minutes ago, Peril said:

Would this make sense?  Yes.

Am I horribly itching for this to be implemented?  Not really, no.  If it is though, I'd say only let it happen on tactical belts to keep with the military loot-spawn nature of the Smersh Vest and bag.

It does pretty much seem pointless though, why not just wear a vest to attach it to and use a knife in the holster?

I hate the way the vest looks Peril, i want a buttpack but I dont wanna wear that ugly vest

b3b48dcbbfc3b704d8d9425ee60bda5b.jpg

I mean, the DayZ clothing system is a massive clusterfuck already; I think I'd rather have the admins focus on tidying it up instead of adding more features to let people carry more stuff. 

13 minutes ago, Fae said:

ugly vest

I'm sorry this actually useful piece of military gear doesn't match with your airsoft meme aesthetic.

Not that this is helpful, I want the option to put the knife sheath where the radio or glow light slots are.

I feel my inner minimalist wanting to argue against this, but... Honestly I can't think of a good reason why it shouldn't be added. However it's just not a high priority issue in comparison to other items being added. Perhaps specific version of the buttpack designed to fit belts in order to allow those who want the civilian aesthetic without having chest rigs. Who knows?

Otherwise I dont mind, but I'd like to see some other suggestions implemented over this one first. 

Eh, I don't see a big need for this. I can understand wanting to wear the buttpack on a belt, but at some point if you want to wear the mil-gear, you have to wear -all- the mil-gear. If you are able to put it on the belt and the vest the issue comes in that players that wear the vest could technically wear three buttpacks; The backpack slot, the vest-slot, and the belt slot.

I'm not sure if the devs can distinguish in the game the general 'above the ass' section of your characters body and not allow two buttpacks to be worn on the vest and belt at the same time, as they are attached to different base items and things already clip through your body/each other.

Posted (edited)

I think we should attach the "Buttpack" to the belt or the back pack so people can be minimalists or hoarders. It opens up variety. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

I'd actually lower the "buttpack" to be, well,  around the butt, when you use it like a backpack, if that makes sense. Any radio you could clip on it would just attack to the same spot (despite the missing straps) so it still looks good on certain clothing or when you wear a vest.

I don't think it needs to be attached to a belt. We currently already have the medical bag that can be attached if you need more storage space.

Why ? there is more than enough inventory space already

Posted (edited)

It's not about strictly inventory space. It's about having the least imposing object off your back. It's about having a low profile. Especially when sneaking or going on a run. I say remove the Buttpack from the assault vest and either attach to all pack backs or some of them, or just attach it to the belt in place of the knife sheath. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Cant attach it to backpacks and it doesnt fit well on the belt slot. Case closed.