Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 16:42
Sign in to follow this  
ShanePVP

Servers

Posted (edited)

Don't open S2 till S1 is full because its some annoying having split servers, that is all thots?

Edited by ShanePVP

Don't call me a thot.

Also I agree with this suggestion. It's super annoying when both servers are sitting at 50 or 60 people, especially with groups of people hiding from everyone else. The RP is hard to find lately.

Posted (edited)

we’ve literally been over this before the server can barely handle 80 it is unplayable at 100 

this discussion literally happened a month ago

server 2 definitely should be closed till s1 is 70+ though

Edited by tosstheball

Yes, bring back the lock please.

Posted (edited)

@Roland has stated several times that 80 slots is a good balance for players vs performance.  He has said that 100 slot servers are just too unstable on his live streams.  

Edited by Crim

The issues with having S2 only open as an overflow is it discourages groups from settling and building if they can only access it during overflow hours.

This means even with S2 wide open people will still queue on S1 because thats where their group/base is.

I'd say leave both open all the time.

Just now, Crim said:

@Roland has started several times that 80 slots is a good balance for players vs performance.  He has said that 100 slot servers are just too unstable on his live streams.  

regardless this is about locking s2 till s1 is full

Just now, Rover said:

The issues with having S2 only open as an overflow is it discourages groups from settling and building if they can only access it during overflow hours.

This means even with S2 wide open people will still queue on S1 because thats where their group/base is.

how can having two servers open be good last night it was roughly 50-60 on both servers its just dumb takes ages to find people too

I agree make it open at 70+ other then that keep it locked.

7 minutes ago, Rover said:

People shouldn't be building only on server 2 to avoid people. 

It's silly having split servers.

+1 the idea

Just now, Eagle said:

I agree make it open at 70+ other then that keep it locked.

yeah i actually never thought of that lmao 70+ would do

No 100 slots, it causes MASSIVE lag and latency issues. Cars, fire fights, running, voip. ALL SUCK THE BIG D OF LAG at 100 slots, even 90/95 and you WILL notice issues and the threads will start rolling in ...

80 is nice and prime. ❤️

Also, I don't want to wait in queue if we have only one Server open, make S2 open at like 60 or so. 70, I feel, is too high of a number because in 5 mins 10 people can defo suddenly join and then I'm stuck in a queue or waiting for S2 to unlock. I dunno how long it takes servers to boot up now but it's not instantaneously.

What would also be cool is if the staff blocked of parts of the map to make it smaller it's way to big for active RP to happen.

60 on S1 then unlock S2 is a good compromise. 

Just now, Brayces said:

No 100 slots, it causes MASSIVE lag and latency issues. Cars, fire fights, running, voip. ALL SUCK THE BIG D OF LAG at 100 slots, even 90/95 and you WILL notice issues and the threads will start rolling in ...

80 is nice and prime. ❤️

Also, I don't want to wait in queue if we have only one Server open, make S2 open at like 60 or so. 70, I feel, is too high of a number because in 5 mins 10 people can defo suddenly join and then I'm stuck in a queue or waiting for S2 to unlock. I dunno how long it takes servers to boot up now but it's not instantaneously.

if S2 is opened at 60 thats mad pointless because itll just turn into split servers again 70+ is nice

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

What would also be cool is if the staff blocked of parts of the map to make it smaller it's way to big for active RP to happen.

yeah just wall off Green Mountain 😂

Just now, Crim said:

yeah just wall off Green Mountain 😂

Shame no one roleplays there.

19 minutes ago, ShanePVP said:

100 cap on S1 would be dope not even gonna cap

That would be nice, really nice.  Unfortunately, it's just not possible while balancing server performance, turns everything into a laggy shithole.

I just disagree overall, we've got enough people to populate both servers.  It's fine as is.

Just now, Peril said:

That would be nice, really nice.  Unfortunately, it's just not possible while balancing server performance, turns everything into a laggy shithole.

I just disagree overall, we've got enough people to populate both servers.  It's fine as is.

its definitely not fine as is how is 50 on both servers good, 50 might sound like a lot but its takes fucking ages to find people and when you do its just "hi hello how are you goodbye"

8 minutes ago, WongRP said:

People shouldn't be building only on server 2 to avoid people. 

It's silly having split servers.

+1 the idea

squint

I don't think that is what I was implying, sorry. I meant that when there was just S1, and it was getting overloaded with groups all building there (cause it was the primary server) some groups tried to go to S2 to encourage diversity in the player population, and wound up getting a form of punishment by having their RP-hub bases inaccessible for portions of the day unless S1 was full.

I think it'd be pretty safe to say that settlements do drive RP, if only because they function as gathering points.

Just now, ShanePVP said:

its definitely not fine as is how is 50 on both servers good, 50 might sound like a lot but its takes fucking ages to find people and when you do its just "hi hello how are you goodbye"

I consistently see both servers fill up, or get close to it, quite a bit.  Though I will concede that, on off-hours, it can be a drag to find people.

As for the last bit, that's a whole other debate about overall roleplay quality, not server population, IMO.

Yeah Shane wtf you haven’t been here you’re suppose to know we’ve tried this before smh 

Just now, Peril said:

I consistently see both servers fill up, or get close to it, quite a bit.  Though I will concede that, on off-hours, it can be a drag to find people.

As for the last bit, that's a whole other debate about overall roleplay quality, not server population, IMO.

I don't know man since I start playing again its usually 50-60 on both and takes a long time to find people it should just go back to the old way and have it locked and I know a good lot of people feel the same way

Just now, Diamond said:

Yeah Shane wtf you haven’t been here you’re suppose to know we’ve tried this before smh 

bro I didnt come here for the smoke smh