Server time (UTC): 2019-08-19, 02:40
Sign in to follow this  
Axel Volaris

Rule 3.6

I feel as though the rule 3.6 should be altered to reflect how the radios work in game, just because your hands are up in game doesn't mean the radios are no longer transmitting, this will make the Hostiles have to take a little more effort in their hold ups and also give the victim a chance to be rescued. this would in my opinion balance the game to a certain extent

I think they could be altered if radios in-game were actually useful (and had a squelch function), but because the mods have to fit the radios around how all these groups use discords and whatnot, I don't think there could be any reasonable changes done. 

17 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

Yeah, the best alteration of it would be its removal.

But why? I can't think of any problems this rule causes aside from the "following the rule takes effort" that was spammed to hell in the thread. 

Posted (edited)

If you never emote you forcing the button down you well never pressed the button so how can you transmit information with your hands up?
The rule is fine as it is.

Edited by Eagle

Your rationality is based on how the rules are read as is, but that's why I am motioning to have it changed, if 3rd party communication was not a factor and the radio was on, you'd either have to get the victim to turn off the radio or you do it yourself, All I am saying is that's how the rule should work using a 3rd party communication as well. as it doesn't make sense to push a button down on a radio that doesn't exist on the model 😛

So to make sense either remove use of 3rd party communication all together or give it the same limitations as the radios in game

2 minutes ago, Axel Volaris said:

Your rationality is based on how the rules are read as is, but that's why I am motioning to have it changed, if 3rd party communication was not a factor and the radio was on, you'd either have to get the victim to turn off the radio or you do it yourself, All I am saying is that's how the rule should work using a 3rd party communication as well. as it doesn't make sense to push a button down on a radio that doesn't exist on the model 😛

So to make sense either remove use of 3rd party communication all together or give it the same limitations as the radios in game

No that is not required.

Posted (edited)

Currently fine how it is.

I was hesitant at first when the thought of double micing came into play, but I have adjusted to it and has added for some good rp, especially if you are trying to hide and reveal locations, its a risky.

Adjusting the rule doesn't make sense currently.

Edited by Phoenyxx

Posted (edited)

-1 to suggestion, it's fine the way it is.

5 hours ago, Axel Volaris said:

I feel as though the rule 3.6 should be altered to reflect how the radios work in game, just because your hands are up in game doesn't mean the radios are no longer transmitting, this will make the Hostiles have to take a little more effort in their hold ups and also give the victim a chance to be rescued. this would in my opinion balance the game to a certain extent

Technically if you want to be realistic with how the radios work in game;  the radios are Push-To-Talk (PTT) Walkie Talkies, thus requiring you to press the button down in order to transmit, which is why you must have said radio in your hands to speak (if they are working as designed).

Now, we could speculate that the radios have a continuous broadcast setting, but that would also be speculating it isn't a 2-way radio channel. 

Frankly, the only reason it may appear that is isn't a PTT is due to the fact, when a player has the radio on their vest there's currently no animation of pressing the button when transiting. So it may seem like someone is standing there talking to themselves.

Technicalities aside, I am fine with the idea of continuous broadcasting, however I think it should be clear, that whatever you say IC, should only be the only thing said on third-party software, no further details or OOC information should be relayed, as that by definition would be metagaming.

Edited by CamoRP
Changed my opinion

No the rule is fine how it is. 

Technically if you wanted to tape the button down to transmit with your hands up that would mean your friends would not be able to communicate due to the fact that with most walkie talkies if you hold the PTT button it removes everyone elses abilities to transmit their own messages.

If you're going to talk with your hands up then it's only realistic that your friends can't talk to eachother because obviously that would only work if you taped it down and removed the ability for others to talk.

Still -1...

No, that would make the rule pointless and overly complicated. Everyone would suddenly have an IC excuse to have their radios working at random times due to wonders of duct tape or whatever else.

As it is right now it's very simple and straight forward - hands up or radio item not in inventory? No comms.

Nah if your hand are up and you had the radio in them your hostage takers would technically see it and be able to call it out if you spoke on it. Being able to speak through it if they can't "see" it is a bit powergamey imo -1

going forward I'll mute my discord or teamspeak obviously but my radio will still be on and transmitting ingame maybe it'll be in my pants etc. cant get a ban because my radio is on, on my character

I personally love how the rule is right now. I was for the change and have being doing this since before the change even happened. It makes things more immersive and helps create some interesting RP when having to come up with code words etc to let others know when certain situations occur. -1 from me mate.

what if you acctualy used the raideo in game bc in game you dont half to push the buttion making the rule pointless

In my opinion and I know this is going to be an unpopular one, from my time on the server I would watch the reports and from what I have noticed a lot of the reports are about the same people over and over. and from what I see the rules usually roll in favor of those hostile groups. not everyone is a fan of hostile RP, I'm personally indifferent, but I like to build relations with people I meet. (I attempt to host multi group competitions etc like a marksman contest up at NWAF) I never get a chance to do any of this because of the constant attacks from people or constantly being held up. a lot of my planning has to happen out of character, and I dont want that. no one would... it takes from the experience. at the end of the day I came to this server to have fun, and so did a lot of other like minded people, and for me at least being held up every time I turn on my game is not fun. I'm trying everything I can to make my opinion heard, as well for those who dont wanna come forward.

This was an attempt to change a rule, to reflect how an Item works in game. I challenge everyone to look at the item in game and post any description or indication that the item is intended to be PTT and use the item how I described. my suggestion wasn't an unfair one, all it would do is at least give the victim at least one little edge against the constant wave of hostile RP.. without actually needing to resort to PVP... which usually results in a report against them. (NVFL, RDM, KOS, ETC)

Posted (edited)

wouldent it be out of game mechanic to maka it push to talk?

Edited by gabemg421

Rule is fine how it is. Changing it would only lead to more abuse.

13 hours ago, Axel Volaris said:

this would make the group holding someone up more effort to take it off of the guy/girl 

14 hours ago, gabemg421 said:

what if you acctualy used the raideo in game bc in game you dont half to push the buttion making the rule pointless

Do this. Go ahead 😄 You'll see why people don't do this. Convince your whole group to use the IC DayZ Radio, and watch the hilarity that will ensue.

13 hours ago, gabemg421 said:

wouldent it be out of game mechanic to maka it push to talk?

I mean yes, thats a good thing though. Radios do not work like how they do in DayZ, and its a dumb way to have them work. 

I like the rule how it is. The meme of 'I duct taped my radios PTT!' is overly done, and doesn't need to be revisited in my opinion. For those people that want to be able to broadcast while their hands are in the air, get an in-game radio and turn it on... It will do it for you. To every single person on the frequency, constantly. Open frequencies that anyone can listen on.