Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-09-21, 20:29
Sign in to follow this  
Cedrea

Nails

Recommended Posts

I'll start this off by saying that at the moment of writing this thread I am fairly frustrated about this issue, so please take this lightly.

 

So, in about 5-6 hours of gameplay I've been actively looking for nails with no luck whatsoever. I've been searching for them in sheds and industrial spawns everywhere across the following areas: Cherno, Vybor, Pustoshka, Komarovo, Kamenka and Prigorodki so far. Not a single box of nails in sights. Plenty of ammo and clothes tho', as if that's what industrial spawns are known for.

Sure, you can argue that people are hoarding these since they are needed for base-building. That I can understand. But not finding even a single box of nails across all the areas mentioned above does make me think that maybe, just maybe something funny is up with the spawns.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe the developers can answer this, but many items in DayZ have a limit to how many can be on the map/inventory/buried/etc at any one time. I know this applies to guns. I'm not sure if this also applies to nails as well. 

 

I have also had great difficulty finding any nails in the last three days (5-6 hours of my own searching) across various industrial sites. This doesn't bother me too terribly, just adding to your observation.

Share this post


Link to post

i found 4 boxes in one town like yesterday mostly spawn on the scaffolding is where i found them

Share this post


Link to post

You kinda just explained your own problem if 100 nail boxes spawn over all and people have already found them but don't use them then 0 will spawn.

Share this post


Link to post

That's not how boxes of nails work.

 

A certain amount of boxed nails will spawn on the map, as soon as they are picked up that box is removed from the overall total and a new box spawns somewhere else after a certain amount of time.

 

The current amount of boxed nails in peoples stashes does not affect spawn rates.

 

@Cedrea keep in mind the reason you may not have found any is because the distribution of nails is not necessarily fair, it tries to place it away from where players are, but has no further balancing in terms of checking if there are too many in one area.

As an example, in theory, there is a chance all boxes of nails will spawn in the berezino docks, and they will stay there until someone finds them, picks them up, and a new box spawns elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't really know what you're talking about, mate. 

I typically find 2-5 boxes of nails per stary-sized town I come across. Either you ain't looking in the right places or you haven't been looking hard enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Eagle said:

You kinda just explained your own problem if 100 nail boxes spawn over all and people have already found them but don't use them then 0 will spawn.

Only guns work that way, all other items respawn continuously regardless of how many are already stashed or in peoples inventories.

Share this post


Link to post

I usually find nails quite easily. I'd find like 400-500 nails in like an hour max and give them to some randoms I'd find that needed them. You just have to know what buildings to check. White long barns, small industrial buildings, and barns/shacks is where they at.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Roland said:

Only guns work that way, all other items respawn continuously regardless of how many are already stashed or in peoples inventories.

Ah good to know thought it went for both.

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly I think you might be having bad luck.  Similarly to other people in this thread, I can typically find at least one or two boxes of nails if I put my mind to searching for them.  I find most of my nails in these sheds in particular:

image.png.503afecf0d236978ee9509b7ce698540.png

Maybe try searching more of these?  Nail boxes are typically on the shelf in the back, at least from my experience.

Share this post


Link to post

Went on NW airfield recently for RP Weaponry but came out out with 5 boxes of nails instead, lotta industrial buildings there

Share this post


Link to post

Few patches ago weren’t we able to make nails from scrap iron or something??? Does scrap metal even have a use right now ??

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah homie just look around, it’s bad luck.

 

typical fashion when you NEED it no way in hell you finding it, but when you don’t you finding that shit all over 

Share this post


Link to post

From what I hear the chance of finding them is fair or okay. Maybe bad luck or bad time of the day. Any major town should net you at least one box of nails with a moderate to very likely likelihood if there's enough industrial spawns present, and that's usually the case for bigger towns. Today I hear a scouting party has found 3-4 boxes in the same town as if there was an abundance of them.

Share this post


Link to post

I did manage to find 2 boxes randomly today. Seems like bad luck with spawns in the areas I've been to. Thanks for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Cedrea said:

Sure, you can argue that people are hoarding these since they are needed for base-building. That I can understand. But not finding even a single box of nails across all the areas mentioned above does make me think that maybe, just maybe something funny is up with the spawns.

 

Now I'm not as into the whole base-building thing as other people are currently, but I have no trouble finding nails all over the place when I travel around the map. I would almost argue that they're far too common compared to a few months ago (along with tools to make them), but maybe that's just my imagination.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Elijah Johnson said:

Few patches ago weren’t we able to make nails from scrap iron or something??? Does scrap metal even have a use right now ??

Not really, not unless you want to waste your time making 1 sheet metal from 40 scrap... Which 40 scraps may take like 5 minutes to get, unless you're lucky and you're looting in a large city like Chernogorsk. Frankly, I liked it better when it was broken. Where 1 scrap metal could do 1 sheet metal; Though in terms of balancing I feel like scrap metal should stack up to 200, weigh at 3kg (at 200) and allow 1 sheet metal to be crafted from 25 scrap metal.

I also feel like we should be able to craft nails again, just make it twice as hard as before; or some form of other balancing, such as 100 scrap metal for 15 nails.

Edited by CamoRP

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Cedrea said:

I'll start this off by saying that at the moment of writing this thread I am fairly frustrated about this issue, so please take this lightly.

 

So, in about 5-6 hours of gameplay I've been actively looking for nails with no luck whatsoever. I've been searching for them in sheds and industrial spawns everywhere across the following areas: Cherno, Vybor, Pustoshka, Komarovo, Kamenka and Prigorodki so far. Not a single box of nails in sights. Plenty of ammo and clothes tho', as if that's what industrial spawns are known for.

Sure, you can argue that people are hoarding these since they are needed for base-building. That I can understand. But not finding even a single box of nails across all the areas mentioned above does make me think that maybe, just maybe something funny is up with the spawns.

 

see in an hour or so i had over 2000 nails i just think you are looking in the wrong spots

Share this post


Link to post

Think this is just your luck man, I usually find nails whenever I am just running around industrial areas not even looking for them. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...