Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 14:03
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 6 hours, 56 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Gatorr

Suggestion: DPM Camo

The boonie hat and field vest in the game already have this camo pattern, it would be great to have the clothes to match. it is a solid pattern.

image.png.1b3082fa743e424f15f2d18da65fde0b.png

image.png.cc6416e6b319a1ef0bba849aa5fbb9b7.png

Would fit all kinds of RP from British, to African and so on. A very widespread pattern

34 minutes ago, Gatorr said:

The boonie hat and field vest in the game already have this camo pattern, it would be great to have the clothes to match. it is a solid pattern.

image.png.1b3082fa743e424f15f2d18da65fde0b.png

image.png.cc6416e6b319a1ef0bba849aa5fbb9b7.png

Would fit all kinds of RP from British, to African and so on. A very widespread pattern

Um, that's the the BDU Jacket and BDU Pants are for... It's same hue of colors, just a SLIGHTLY different pattern. They match pretty well to be honest. 

BDU_Jacket.jpg.7173d1410235da27d9d0cc039c583a9b.jpg359px-BDU_Pants.png.7c30ce7ce797dec7c55f3a59d1649054.png

224px-Boonie_Hat_Camo3.png.f713e981fa2bec2222855a79f564441c.png400px-Ukassaultvestdpmcamo.jpg.7e4f7dce3e27e5fa9e93999dab2c988e.jpg

3 minutes ago, CamoRP said:

Um, that's the the BDU Jacket and BDU Pants are for... It's same hue of colors, just a SLIGHTLY different pattern. They match pretty well to be honest. 

BDU_Jacket.jpg.7173d1410235da27d9d0cc039c583a9b.jpg359px-BDU_Pants.png.7c30ce7ce797dec7c55f3a59d1649054.png

224px-Boonie_Hat_Camo3.png.f713e981fa2bec2222855a79f564441c.png400px-Ukassaultvestdpmcamo.jpg.7e4f7dce3e27e5fa9e93999dab2c988e.jpg

yes i realize that? but despite the colors its more for variety and RP purposes. Not particularly for actual camouflaging 

Just now, Gatorr said:

yes i realize that? but despite the colors its more for variety and RP purposes. Not particularly for actual camouflaging 

Just found an old screen-shot of me using the clothing.

Are you asking if there could be more items that have more camo-variants like DPM/BDU?

20181107014032_1.jpg

1 minute ago, CamoRP said:

Just found an old screen-shot of me using the clothing.

Are you asking if there could be more items that have more camo-variants like DPM/BDU?

20181107014032_1.jpg

I really dont care if the DPM accessories match with BDU clothes. The whole point is to get DPM clothing. Even though theres similar colors it looks significantly different

4 minutes ago, Gatorr said:

I really dont care if the DPM accessories match with BDU clothes. The whole point is to get DPM clothing. Even though theres similar colors it looks significantly different

Pretty sure modern day BAF use Multicam if I am not wrong? That will be added soon enough.

20190711193250_1.jpg.ba2192f00dcda7dbd9d852fa96db8bc5.jpg

As for DPM or BDU, we already have BDU clothes in the game, and I don't much see a reason to add more of it when we already have it.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Pretty sure modern day BAF use Multicam if I am not wrong? That will be added soon enough.

20190711193250_1.jpg.ba2192f00dcda7dbd9d852fa96db8bc5.jpg

As for DPM or BDU, we already have BDU clothes in the game, and I don't much see a reason to add more of it when we already have it.

They do use it now but in 2009 during the civil war they would have used it, not that they were present in country but if there were any British UN peacekeepers and the pattern hasnt even been completely phased out by the UK. Not to mention the pattern was so mass produced that its ended up all over africa, europe and other places in the hands of guerilla forces and you can get it at surplus stores for dirt cheap. doesnt have to be a full combat set. maybe just reskin a raincoat and a pair of cargo pants

1 minute ago, Gatorr said:

They do use it now but in 2009 during the civil war they would have used it, not that they were present in country but if there were any British UN peacekeepers and the pattern hasnt even been completely phased out by the UK. Not to mention the pattern was so mass produced that its ended up all over africa, europe and other places in the hands of guerilla forces and you can get it at surplus stores for dirt cheap. doesnt have to be a full combat set. maybe just reskin a raincoat and a pair of cargo pants

Yeah but why do that when we already have a full set of BDU ingame? It seems like extra work for superficial variety when it's gonna look no different on a raincoat than it will on an M65?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to make more variety, but the fact that we already have BDU ingame means there really isnt a reason to make a second set of BDU.

I could maybe see a reason when it comes to DPM, but then again, I refrained from making MTP and OCP versions of the CUU jacket because they are almost identical to the MultiCam, it's superficial variety at that point and it honestly is gonna do nothing but clog up the mod pack and make the download bigger.

Posted (edited)

+1, also add Rhodesian brushstroke pls. Even better if y'all could texture the shorts in it too.

Hey can we also address the lack of any Ratnik stuff besides the anorak set (could be the R, I don't remember) with the EMR pattern? It'd feel a lot more like Eastern Europe if I saw more of that instead of woodland and ugly marpat as far as the eye can see (nobody ever wears the flat color gorkas, which is a crime against humanity). Not to mention the only "commonly" (not really) worn regional camouflage in-game is the OG butane camo (add the pink variant as a rare spawn). 

Honestly I think it would be fine if you just pasted the pattern over some existing clothing item and called it a 6sh122 or something. 

Also, since we're on the topic of military gear textures, can I also mention that the RD54 color doesn't match the SMERSH color? pls fix

Edited by keibancz

9 hours ago, keibancz said:

+1, also add Rhodesian brushstroke pls. Even better if y'all could texture the shorts in it too.

Hey can we also address the lack of any Ratnik stuff besides the anorak set (could be the R, I don't remember) with the EMR pattern? It'd feel a lot more like Eastern Europe if I saw more of that instead of woodland and ugly marpat as far as the eye can see (nobody ever wears the flat color gorkas, which is a crime against humanity). Not to mention the only "commonly" (not really) worn regional camouflage in-game is the OG butane camo (add the pink variant as a rare spawn). 

Honestly I think it would be fine if you just pasted the pattern over some existing clothing item and called it a 6sh122 or something. 

Also, since we're on the topic of military gear textures, can I also mention that the RD54 color doesn't match the SMERSH color? pls fix

Ratnik-2 you say? Be patient 😉