Server time (UTC): 2019-11-18, 02:21
Sign in to follow this  
Cody Baton

Merciless- (Recruitment Open)

Posted (edited)

merc_logo_bluev2.png.d2bea43df87570f650edd694df2a2cab.png

Backstory.png.cdb804ae0a9d085092cab78e8a4201c0.png

Merciless grew from seeds of discourse and contention, it’s founders angry with the way the world had become a corrupt and vile excuse for civilizations. Especially after the infection, Merciless found that from the scum of the earth to the self-proclaimed heroes there was corruption. In groups and lone wolves, in attempts to rebuild cities and create trading posts, there was no good guys. Merciless doesn’t profess purity and holiness, but rather justice. A crude and primitive justice, one attuned to the crude and primitive wasteland that Chernarus has become. Wandering from place to place, hearing stories of robbers, bandits, and madmen, Merciless decided to embrace the world as it was, to fight fire with fire. Now, Merciless spreads its brand of justice, one without a judge or jury, but an executioner. Some may call them vigilantes, villains, or bandits, but Merciless is definitely one thing. Merciless.

Started by three men, Merciless is ever expanding and recruiting. While the name may make them seem like a bunch of brigands, Merciless is actually a group willing to make alliances and help others, but will show no quarter to those they deem evildoers. By means of robbery, torture, murder, or any other punishment, Merciless seeks to iron out Chernarus, brushing away the grime and scum, to make the nation whole and pure again. They aren’t nationalists, and perhaps not even Chernarussian, but as men, they’ve decided to fix the broken land.

the_code.png.40e03e773dcc80ae2546dd1844f3c2cc.png

Above all, Merciless will not punish anyone without good reason. They will not rob a lone wolf for a new rifle, or torture someone for making fun of their shoes. Merciless exists for the explicit purpose of combating the corrupt and powerful groups of Chernarus. From the pacifist CTF to the violent Jaysh Allah, no group is beyond Merciless’ fury or vengeance. All members of the group will recognize and appreciate this code. Any member who breaks this code will be treated as one of the corrupt, and duly dealt with.

past2.png.b044753aa757aa97123a4843a998ed53.png

Merciless has three founders: Romulus King, Drake Carver, and Cody Baton. These three men banded together over the fellowship of mistreatment and abuse by the world. They decided that to root out the corruption that caused their pain, they would step off the moral high ground and fight with the dogs they needed to kill. The decision to leave behind good morals and kindness gave way to the group’s namesake. They became Merciless. All this came after the three men had a falling out with their previous group, the CTF. They felt that even through the professions of being for the people, the higher ups in the group were more concerned with themselves and their vision, rather than what the people wanted. What the people needed. After seeing this favoritism and squandering of their own law, the three men gave a display of defiance and left, determined to drill the blatant and rampant corruption that invaded Chernarus when charismatic madmen, warmongers, and demagogues took control. After leaving and deciding to take matters into their own hands, they began looking for individuals like themselves to help them defeat their large and powerful enemies.

present.png.c8de03afa49e63dea8f771ebf4775620.png

Merciless now roves, seeking out the corrupt and unjust. They don’t hunt it down, per say, rather let it rear its ugly head. And once it does, Merciless will be there with the axe. Some view their fight as a losing battle, like Hercules and the Hydra. But eventually, Merciless will find a way to stop corruption at its roots. They have no doubt of this. 

The main way to fight the scum that litter Chernarus is punishment. The same treatment they inflict upon others, now inflicted upon them. Merciless isn’t afraid to rob, torture, or kill. They have no limits. Why fight a fight with your hands behind your back? Use every means of winning, and the strongest will shall prevail. This sentiment is carried by all of Merciless’ leadership, and should resonate through the lower ranks. No situation is too difficult, no obstacle insurmountable, no position untenable. Merciless won’t back down from any fight, and will see it to the end, whether that end is theirs or not. Merciless isn’t concerned about having the best gear or coolest gun, but functionality and ability. Merciless doesn’t pass off passersby as a collection of bad loot not worthy of robbing, but potential members, tired of the bigger, stronger, and more bullying groups. No person is too young or too old, as long as they seek to bring justice forth unto Chernarus. As long as there is a fighting spirit and fury ready to be unleashed, Merciless will prevail. That’s who they are, the physical manifestation of the abuse by the most powerful and corrupt survivors.

Future.png.745b1f8feb87b6b4e12b1f4110090dc0.png

Merciless has a goal to rid the world of corruption. Its leaders understand that to completely annihilate the idea and existence of corruption is a fanciful dream. They strive merely to cut through the weeds to find the grass beneath. They exist so that society may return and with it law and order. Several of its founder with backgrounds in law, Merciless is guided by those who seek to find the blind justice of the old world, long since forgotten by the new and unimproved barbarians of modern Chernarus. Merciless will never profess purity or perfection, just a way to bend the world’s knees, and make it see the truth. They wish to be the stepping stone to a society that punishes the practice of corruption, instead of ignoring or bowing to it. Once this is complete, Merciless will fade back, a silent sentinel to watch and wait. The seeds of corruption are spread far and wide, and some take time to grow. As long as the scum exist, so will Merciless.

relations.png.49edd42a7e76dcfd594c557620954525.png

Will be updated as time goes on.

Objectives.png.bf2cf7febeddd1b0cac434938e50eee9.png

- Recruit new members into Merciless to make a formidable fighting force (18/25) |
[Indefinite]
- Create a name for the Merciless under the symbol of the light blue armband | [Completed]

- Create strong alliances with other groups or factions. (0/2) | [Day 750]

- Recruit a medical personnel member to keep members healthy | [Completed]

- Create a camp to support the needs of our people | [Completed]

- Recruit informants to give us tips on potential and proven criminals | [Day 840]

- Maintain a steady supply of ammunition and medical items for our people [Indefinite]

- Guarantee Safety to our people | [Indefinite]

- Learn more about other groups or factions in Chernarus (7/15) | [Day 900]

- Set a Chain of Command in place for the group | [Completed]

- Obtain a Working Vehicle (1/1) | [Completed]

- Establish a Fully Functioning outpost where crime can be reported to the people of Merciless  | [Day 540]

- Revive the Local Community | [Day 850]

brotherhood.png.491cbf17e2edccdd73f9d523170f9017.png

Leader | @Cody Baton

Co-Leader | @xxxDynastyWolf

Sergeant | @Ghast

Corporal | @BluJayOnPcIn144p

Corporal | @ImNovaaa

Private First Class | @Haus

Private First Class | @Voodoo_BoomStick

Private First Class | @Humanity Is Insanity

Private | @TheShiningShard

Private | @tr3ko

Private | @Kusken

Private | @Johnny Navid

Private | @Drew7822

Private | @Vocalizedrook

Private | @MrSaltyFish

Private | @HailPhantom

Private | @ForerunnerAlpha

signifierv2.png.812d4379c4c776919fe4e61cba4758ad.png

armband.png.3a290c4acad37b427f1babda3d1e553f.png

"Light Blue Armband"- Our group will wear these

Recruitmentv2.png.d5b27f68ec6a9a93ae15723303c983e6.png

Recruitment is done both in and out of character. If you are interested in joining us, find us in game and show your interest towards our group. If you want to join out of character please message @Cody Baton or @xxxDynastyWolf

Edited by Cody Baton

oooo me liking the graphics! Good look! 

Good luck with this fellas!

Nice, good too see you again.

Looks interesting. Good luck!

Good Luck 

Posted (edited)

Just a graphics idea,

The logo looks quality. Try putting a drop shadow and stroke around the subheadings, like what you've done with the main logo. It'll look a lot better lads. Maybe a smaller stroke? Experiment with it a little. 

Best of luck. 

Edited by Beni

Glad you finally decided to post it, told you it'd be okay 😉 Good luck lads

37 minutes ago, Romulus said:

Merciless seeks to iron out Chernarus, brushing away the grime and scum, to make the nation whole and pure again.

37 minutes ago, Romulus said:

. From the pacifist CTF to the violent Jaysh Allah, no group is beyond Merciless’ fury or vengeance.

I like the idea, however essentially declaring war to a major part of the region is definitely not a good idea, especially as a small group starting out.

Just some advice, best of luck.

Good Luck Guys Can’t Wait To Meet You Guys Ingame

I thought this might be a point of confusion. We aren't going to attack the CTF or Jaysh Allah or anyone else because of who they are. We will only become involved if we learn that a group or people in a group are abusing power. If Jaysh Allah wants to run around and have people follow Sharia Law, then fine. But if they begin random executions for someone not wanting to put on a hijab or having pork, then we will go and talk with them. If the situation excalates further, we will begin our campaign of... JUSTICE.

Best of luck bois.

Posted (edited)

Looks like this could be interesting, good luck. Hope to see you in game. 

Edited by About400Crows

Love that damn Logo. Goodluck.

Look forward to interacting with you guys, best of luck!

I've been meaning to get in here and leave some feedback. I haven't ran into any of you yet, so in game feedback is sure to come, but just going off of your thread I like a lot of it. Your logo is nice, I like the colors, it's all easy on the eyes. The Lore is nice, not too long or short. Where I personally feel you could do a little bit better is the goals. Most of the goals to me seem rather generic, and I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but as an outsider looking in I would love to see a goal or two that really sets your group apart, you know?

Once I run into some of you guys in game I'll leave some more feedback, but best of luck you guys!

27 minutes ago, Rainey said:

I've been meaning to get in here and leave some feedback. I haven't ran into any of you yet, so in game feedback is sure to come, but just going off of your thread I like a lot of it. Your logo is nice, I like the colors, it's all easy on the eyes. The Lore is nice, not too long or short. Where I personally feel you could do a little bit better is the goals. Most of the goals to me seem rather generic, and I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but as an outsider looking in I would love to see a goal or two that really sets your group apart, you know?

Once I run into some of you guys in game I'll leave some more feedback, but best of luck you guys!

Thanks so much for the feedback will most definitely try to get some less generic goals implemented!
michelle tanner thanks GIF

Looks good, and your activity is good. So you get my stamp of approval.