Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 21:47
Sign in to follow this  
Mortico

Celebrity Characters

So i know you cant RP as a celebrity, but what if I myself am a celebrity? can i make a character that's a mirror of my real life self?

I'm not a staff member, but my personal rule is if the individual has acquired more than 300k internet points on a qualifying site (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat), then I think it's okay.

/s

Please no

But can I have an autograph?

Posted (edited)

I'm a celebrity 

Edited by Jorrdan

-USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST-

Ive got a character waiting to go whose not a celebrity but thinks he is. https://www.dayzrp.com/characters/display-14743/

What kind of celebrity?

Posted (edited)

*Get's a retweet of someone with 65K followers*

I mean.... I guess you could RP as yourself if you're famous? I don't know that's a weird one. 

Edited by Beni

Yes, you can have your own lore saying you were a famous singer from (x) town that about 3 states knew of if you were a fan.

I remember a member called Roach RPing he was a famous country singer on tour. So I don’t see why not.

Like for example; Poets of the Fall, they tour Russia, England, Poland, Germany, Estonia, Norway. But only a few thousands know they actually exist. 

You could do this too 🙂 

How are you a celeb when no one knows who you are tho?

Just as clarification as some people seem confused. By this i mean obviously anyone could make their character have their own real life full name, and their real life backstory. But as an example if someone such as Will Smith or some other well known celebrity were to join the community, could they make a character named Will Smith, have pictures of Will Smith and have Will Smiths real life backstory on their character page. Obviously no one currently in the community can do this, as no one in the community is Will Smith, and it is against the rules to make characters based on real life celebrities.

im pretty sure the answer is no, you cant pretend to be a well known celebrity. 

However the gray area would be if Will smith did actually want to play. It would be up to the staff team if he could play as himself or not.

These are funny. But I think even if Will Smith decided to play (himself), he'd really have some explaining to do why he'd end up in Chernarus, or South Zagoria to be more precise. Out of all places. The Ground Zero region. When you can have a better life in a safezone.

Very hypothetical therefore.

As far as I'm aware, you're not allowed to play any kind of known celebrity. Now, from what I'm getting at with your post is that your question is whether you'd be allowed to play yourself if you were a famous celebrity. I think you should be allowed to, given that you can prove that you are said celebrity to staff.

But I'll be honest, I think it'd be detrimental to the server to play as yourself when you're a celebrity or a person with a relatively big following (even when celebrities don't play as themselves on this server they're already flocked with OOC fanboys/girls that go to great lengths to be at their side, now imagine them actively playing themselves and people catching wind of that).

I think the rule was made to not allow people to RP as someone else, as a celeb like Will Smith in this case.

But if Will Smith would somehow end up in here, im pretty sure he could RP as himself.

2 hours ago, Mortico said:

as no one in the community is Will Smith,

How can you be sure?

2 hours ago, ChrisW said:

How can you be sure?

I personally like to believe that we have all if not most A-List celebrities just sitting with a filled out whitelist, waiting to get ingame 😉 

Jokes aside, if Will fucking Smith joins the community he can play Will fucking Smith

Pfft imaging using A-listers in your character photos, amateurs. 

I'd be down. I'd love to be Ray Lewis and pop up out of nowhere to just decapitate people who have the football IG.

I don't think you can force people to acknowledge your fame, though. If someone you run across decides to bite your lore for RP then that's okay. But you can't be like," I'm the other singer from Foo Fighters, ya'know?" 

18 minutes ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

My time to roleplay as yoda has finally came. 

For a serious non-internal reply;

I'd be fine if people could create their own OC characters that can be celebrities but on a small scale, like perhaps someone is a radio host from the US who is semi-famous in the state he broadcasted in? Things like that would be fine with me, but someone roleplaying as a A-list celeb wether it be OC or not wouldn't work since it wouldn't be believable and people would be like, who the fuck are you ? 

Breaks immersion a bit in my opinion, but small local celebrities sure go for it. Those that would be well known to a certain area but not a whole country perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

Pfft what a basic bitch thing to do.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, wirpy said:

Screenshot_20190715-174205_WhatsApp.jpg

But no, you cant play as a celeb. breaks imersion.

Edited by Jackfish