Server time (UTC): 2021-02-27, 09:46
Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Blocked means blocked

Tight knit communities such as this cannot benefit from the ability to 100% blank people without any other reason than not liking them.

OOC hate is already an issue in game, being able to erase anyone from.any part of dayzrp apart from in game will only worsen this issue. 

Tl;dr: I believe that the block feature should require staff approval to be used, let alone be able to 100% erase someone from your own dayzrp bubble. 

4 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Tight knit communities such as this cannot benefit from the ability to 100% blank people without any other reason than not liking them.

OOC hate is already an issue in game, being able to erase anyone from.any part of dayzrp apart from in game will only worsen this issue. 

Tl;dr: I believe that the block feature should require staff approval to be used, let alone be able to 100% erase someone from your own dayzrp bubble. 

This is so ironic i can't even 

LULW.png.77c72c27d56fd47750082e7d99e51b3d.png

So because OOC hate is a problem.. you want to increase it by not being able to block people? 

Everyone can't be friends with everyone and at that point it is much better to just block someone, that is literally the point of blocking people and MORE people should use it. 

Edited by NozzyRP

5 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

This is so ironic i can't even 

LULW.png.77c72c27d56fd47750082e7d99e51b3d.png

So because OOC hate is a problem.. you want to increase it by not being able to block people? 

Everyone can't be friends with everyone and at that point it is much better to just block someone, that is literally the point of blocking people and MORE people should use it. 

Oh aye because meeting said person in game after blocking them and having no way to show annoyance at said person apart from in game is such a good idea.

I truly believe people are good at heart, but boiling over frustration always ends up coming out.... if that frustration towards the offender can only released in game... Well I Dunne wanna see the results of that.

Just now, The Traveler said:

Oh aye because meeting said person in game after blocking them and having no way to show annoyance at said person apart from in game is such a good idea.

I truly believe people are good at heart, but boiling over frustration always ends up coming out.... if that frustration towards the offender can only released in game... Well I Dunne wanna see the results of that.

*Quoting so some people can read the post* 

Just now, NozzyRP said:

*Quoting so some people can read the post* 

Exactly my point

3 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Exactly my point

You do realize that most people probably wouldn't block permanently? If you really did care that much about it why did you make it so they blocked you to begin with? 

I mean community posts are important to be viewed. I think you should be able to block being @ed or DMed but being able to just erase a post from your view seems like needless work from the team.  

Just don't read that person's post....

2 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

You do realize that most people probably wouldn't block permanently? If you really did care that much about it why did you make it so they blocked you to begin with? 

Agreed, in spite not everyone not being friends lets just avoid a system to ignore when we can just ignore them ourselves. 

1 minute ago, NozzyRP said:

I mean tbh I didn't know block was a thing.

And tbh now I know it's a thing, it really shouldn't be.

+1 
It should work fully, blocking them from mentioning you at all.
Why should people be allowed to continue to harass those who want nothing to do with them and would like to quietly distance themselves on the forums?

Because clearly asking nicely for someone not to tag them doesn't work ?‍♀️

Edited by Fae

I think features like block/ignore/mute are essential for an online forum. 

Yes you can simply ignore someone but when you can still get tagged / quoted you will receive a notification and find yourself being approached with content you dont want to see. So yeah, the ignore-list is already top and a lil fix for the tag/quote thing would be good.

+1

2 minutes ago, Fae said:

+1 
It should work fully, blocking them from mentioning you at all.
Why should people be allowed to continue to harass those who want nothing to do with them and would like to quietly distance themselves on the forums?

Because clearly asking nicely for someone not to tag them doesn't work ?‍♀️

Imagine trying to apologise for going ott and then being blocked because you tagged them in the apology. 

^ This sort of in the moment blocking is why blocking should be Admin approved

Edited by The Traveler

Would much rather have the same function as Facebooks blocking system does. 

If I block someone, it's for a damn good reason. I don't want any interactions and sure as shit don't want them replying to what I have to say on things such as status updates and most certainly don't want to be @'d by the individual(s). General forum posts in discussions etc, sure.. Quote me, the current block feature works just fine in that regard, gives me the option to see what said person has said IF I want to read it, outside of that I would rather not have them coming to my profile etc and replying to my shit.

+1

Imagine trying to apologise for going out and then being blocked because you tagged them. 

If you've been blocked by the person, I think you already have the answer to your 'apology'.

5 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

I mean tbh I didn't know block was a thing.

And tbh now I know it's a thing, it really shouldn't be.

I mean neither should annoying someone be, but everything is never gonna be perfect 

If you get blocked by someone ( I have many times before lol) It's probably because you were annoying/trolling them. So you want to ban blocking because you got blocked for trolling someone? makes 0 sense 

The block function should work completely to obscure the interactions of the person you are blocking from you.

Some people you just don't need to communicate with. Especially trolls, and a block/ignore feature should cover all aspects of that in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, Terra said:

So, if I decide to ignore someone, I dont want to read anything from that person.

-1 for this 

+1 to block @s and DMs

Imagine trying to apologise for going out and then being blocked because you tagged them. 

Yes let us bother the admins with little tiny things we can sort ourselves, I think the staff team have bigger issues than this, to be fair.

No @'s and no DM's is a fine change, but it's not the blocked person's fault if you click the show post button on someone you blocked.  If you really don't give a fuck, just don't fall under temptation.  Simple.

1 minute ago, Cid said:

No @'s and no DM's is a fine change, but it's not the blocked person's fault if you click the show post button on someone you blocked.  If you really don't give a fuck, just don't fall under temptation.  Simple.

I get that and I did that, until I got notifications. And that should not be a thing. Hence the suggestion.

Edited by Terra

Or they should be able to tag you/quote you but if you have them ignored, you dont get the notification for it.

Edited by Fae

+1. There are several people I would absolutely love to have completely removed from my personal DayZRP bubble for various reasons.

IMO The only place you should see content from someone you have blocked is the reports section. You know... for those OOC hate reports ?

Just now, Fae said:

Or they should be able to tag you/quote you but if you have them ignored, you dont get the notification for it.

If there is a way to change the blocked feature, this is probably the likely outcome.

38 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Yeah, no thanks.

We're all adults here. People shouldn't require intervention from staff to sort out their problems with other people for the most part, hence why the block function is a thing. I think staff having to manually approve blocking is a waste of time that could be better spent elsewhere, especially in the cases of GM's and admins.

37 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Staff has no right interfering in how I conduct myself with another community member unless DayZRP rules are being directly violated in a place set out for DayZRP activities, or if they are directly involved by myself or the other community member. People don't get on, it happens, and avoidance is generally the best way to circumvent the escalation of conflict.

I'd rather not see any trace of people I've blocked on the forums. There's only 4 people I've blocked in my 5 years as a member of this community, it doesn't overly bother me that I can see that they've posted something but, given the choice, I would opt to wipe them from my personal browsing experience.

I'm honestly surprised that this isn't already a thing. Blocking someone should mean an absolute block, like in most social media platforms 

Don't be a tool and you wont have to worry about people blocking you