Server time (UTC): 2021-02-26, 18:49
Sign in to follow this  
Spikey

AOGM Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/98417-s2-combat-logging-vybor-10072019-0550

Why the verdict is not fair:

The verdict is not fair because what we had done was not against any rule that is currently written for DayZRP. According to JimRP, who handled and solved the report, my friends and I were guilty of Abuse of Game Mechanics/Ghosting. I would like to quote the rules below:

"2.2 Exploiting or abuse of game mechanics (AOGM) is gaining an unfair advantage by using game bugs or mechanics in a way that the developer did not intend them to work. Example of exploiting is loot cycling, placing objects inside walls or other places where the object would normally not fit in, driving vehicles underwater, creating impenetrable tent walls, or intentionally using indestructible objects as shields that effectively give you invulnerability."

"2.5 Ghosting is switching between multiple game servers in order to gain an unfair advantage. For example, using multiple servers to get past defenses of a base that exists only on one of the servers, change your location to log back in behind enemy lines during active hostile situation or switching between servers to loot the same location twice in order to obtain more loot."

I would like to point out what exactly happened in this situation. After a roleplay situation in which I am detained and arrested/processed by the members stated in the report, I decide to drop an initiation on the same people, one complies and the rest do not so there is a small fire fight and we take the hostage a little bit before dropping his gun on the floor a few feet away from him and telling him he can pick it back up when we leave. (We had heard on the radio about a situation happening at our base in Novaya so we wanted to get there as quickly as possible) Fleeing from the situation, we run north and make our way all the way up north to Novaya, making sure to look back and make sure we're not followed the whole way, which we were not. About 40 minutes passes, we're in Novaya filling our canteens/drinking water at the water pump and once we confirm our 30 minute timer is up ("4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.") and decide to hop to Server 1 where our base is to see what is happening with the on-going situation.

I would like to ask, as I am having a very hard time finding the situation, where exactly any staff might see that we abused logging into Server 1 to gain an advantage over the members in the report? After we followed the official-written rule of waiting 30 minutes to log out we joined a totally different roleplay situation and nothing ever came of the situation from the report after we escaped into the trees to the North.

EVERYTHING IS THE SAME OTHER THAN I WAS ON THE ROOF FOR THE SITUATION< OTHER THAN THAT ALL THE SAME!

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I would just like to state that I think it's strange that I would be punished for a rule that is not implemented or even defined yet. I would like to cite this thread here: (https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/98397-adaption-of-combat-logging/). Clearly a rule saying you are not allowed to switch servers while someone has active kill rights on you is not implemented and as can be seen in the thread cited above a rule like that is not even created, it's being debated by both members and staff of the community. It's very strange to punish people for a rule that isn't listed on the rule page, but also not created and being debated on a thread.

Roland however has made a statement on this: "Switching servers while still having active kill rights on you is definitely not OK in a case where it looks like it was done on purpose to use game mechanics and server connections to escape the ongoing conflict. While not defined in the rules, it is strongly frowned upon and can be punished simply with an executive admin decision as either combat log, abuse of game mechanics or rule play, as to us it's clear that it goes again the fair play spirit and allows one to get away from repercussions of ones actions."

I would like to state again, that we switched server not to "escape the ongoing conflict", we had already escaped the on-going conflict when we ran all the way north to Novaya and waited 40 minutes, 10 minutes over what is stated in the "Combat Logging" rule. I would also like to say that even the members in the report state that they chased someone to "South Barracks" in North-West Airfield who apparently logged out when they got to him, this was not one of us and further proves that they had totally lost us by the time 40 minutes had passed as we were no where near them.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Have my points and temporary ban removed.

What could you have done better?: I'm not sure what we could have done better. We followed the official rules to the letter and I don't understand how I was punished for a potential rule that is currently being debated in Ryan Shepard's Thread.

I'd like to state that I understand how grey areas in the rules can be complicated to apply to different situations, however I think with the entire situation, what was said by both sides in the report and position logs at the times we logged out (along with how we did not continue the firefight from the report after switching servers therefore did not gain an advantage), this situation should be clear in that we were just following the rules as they are currently written and not trying in any way to gain an advantage. Thank you.

Verdict was lowered to a caution/verbal warning, which cannot be appealed.  Appeal closed.