Server time (UTC): 2021-03-08, 02:44
Sign in to follow this  
keibancz

Disappearing Wooden Crates?

Remaking the thread since the "ask the admins" thing isn't working out. 

I had a couple of boxes in a shed in the woods with extra clothes and gear but they seem to have disappeared. The doors were closed and the base was intact aside from missing paneling on one location. Are wooden crates known to disappear (should I stop using them)? Or perhaps is it possible that someone bothered to ghost inside my house and carry all of my crates out (dunno why anyone would do that)?

Original Thread:

@Ducky This has nothing to do with my walls. I just want to know whether I should stop using crates or not. 

I meant that someone might have dissmanteled your wall from the outside and stolen your stuff from your small base.

Afaik boxes dont despawn but its possible, its DayZ. Most likely though, someone took it with them.

2 minutes ago, Misho said:

dissmanteled your wall from the outside

So they dismantled my wall, walked all of my boxes out of my base, and then rebuilt my wall/gate in its stead and put my combination lock back with the same combination?

Edited by keibancz

Let me get this straight @keibancz

You stated that there was a visible breach in some paneling right?

To me it sounds like they broke in through that paneling, found your wooden crates, stuffed them in their bags (or carried them by hand) out of the same panel and walked off with them.

Was the breach not big enough to fit through?

As for crates, I can gurantee you they work just fine and do not have a tendency to just despawn like that. I have quite a few of them myself.

Just now, Ducky said:

Was the breach not big enough to fit through?

Well there were 2 layers of walls, and they only broke through the first bit of paneling. Also iirc since the latest update, you can't crawl through wall frames anymore. It also seems strange to me that if someone did break into my house and rebuild all of my walls or whatever that they would carry the crates away instead of just leaving them behind along with a lot of the stuff that was there (I don't even thing gear hoarders would want to get at my collection of flannel shirts). 

I'm still leaning on the side of "DayZ being stupid and wooden crates being unreliable storage" or "some dork ghosted into my base and teleported my crates out". What mainly makes me suspect that it was a player and not DayZ being dumb is the fact that someone clearly found the shed and sought to break into it, but "failed" do to so. 

Either way, there shouldn't be any issues with crates, speaking from experience as I use them all the time and have been for a while.

And you absolutely still can crawl through frames, just FYI.

As for the nature of the theft, if you think they ghosted you make a report.

@keibancz be aware that crates despawn if not interacted with in 48 hours. I myself lost an m249 that way.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:16 PM, keibancz said:

@Zanaan Ah that would explain it. Thanks for the info!

Lost 3 fully decked out aks so be careful and check all crates everyday 

Move stuff around