Server time (UTC): 2021-03-05, 18:47
Sign in to follow this  
Ink

Twitch TOS

I've noticed sometimes (NOT OFTEN) but often enough, some people IC like to throw around homophobic slurs or hate. That's not exactly allowed on Twitch even if it is RP, and I'd like to not get banned, as I'm sure a few other streamers in the server wouldn't. So if some of you could stop tossing the word faggot around like it's part of your vocabulary that'd be great 

The server does not need to cater to streamers to survive, therefor it does need to fulfill the demands of streamers. 

There is also the fact that you start with Twitch TOS and then you end up with banning all forms of Racist/Sexist/Homophobic Roleplay. That will be the end of the entire server 

im not changing anything because of sick rules from sick companies 

4 minutes ago, Ink said:

I've noticed sometimes (NOT OFTEN) but often enough, some people IC like to throw around homophobic slurs or hate. That's not exactly allowed on Twitch even if it is RP, and I'd like to not get banned, as I'm sure a few other streamers in the server wouldn't. So if some of you could stop tossing the word faggot around like it's part of your vocabulary that'd be great 

Many people have stated in the past that Twitch TOS only applies to the streamer, not whats going around in the game.

That being said, the game likely won't start enforcing Twitch's rules, as there is no obligation in the community to follow any rules other then the rules of the server.

im not gonna censor and water down my RP because some other person is streaming. Thats not fair to any one else. Streamers don't get any kind of priority or special treatment just because they have a twitch account

As far as ive talked with a Twitch rep, as long as its not the streamer you are fine. They know that you cant control what happens in a game like this where anyone can say what they want. They just ask you take precautions. 

Example: if someone starts to use terms not allowed on twitch remove yourself from the situation if possible, if not then maybe mute your stream for a few minutes until that person is done saying what they need to say.

We as streamers cant expect everyone to conform to us, in all honesty I've had luck speaking with individuals who have been a bit overboard with language and they have toned it down around myself and other streamers which is greatly appreciated. However we also have to respect people playing their characters as their characters. 

As long as the streamer actively shows distaste to the comments made in game and walk away from  said situation, you should be ok. As a streamer/player we cannot control other people. whether it being RP or a public server. If twitch banned every streamer for what other players say there would be no streams. lol 

However its a sad that when people know that you are streaming and go out of their way to say certain things within RP and are so over the top with it, makes me question why the hell they are in a RP community. That being said i have not experienced that here for a good while ?

Edited by kimmylou

Sorry, cant do. Roleplay lives from variety and realism - and slurs and prejustices are part of life.

I've been streaming DayZRP quite a lot, and ive heard people say the N word and a large variety of racial and homophobic slurs.. ive never been offended nor did i think i would be banned.. since its not against TOS ?

Part of an immersive experience is that people will say offensive things to people they do not like.

I don't want Twitch or any other 3rd Party platform to dictate that experience.

Guest Beni

Lmao, just do what PSISyndicate did and KOS someone because he got offended over an " offensive word ", then proceed to make a video on your ban whilst wearing a Pepe shirt. Irony at it's best. 

Also I'm just saying NO ONE will stop saying words because you're a streamer. Imagine being a homophobic racist and not saying those types of words. We all know what I'm talking about. 

Edited by Beni

finger pointing lol GIF

Like many others have said, its a Roleplay community and we got our own rules. As long as you dont say it then you good.

Yea there’s good alternatives for streamers atm if they want a PC community. Don’t ruin this one.

Honestly I believe it is fine how it is. I have never been in trouble due to people saying racist words as I'm streaming, and I've been around a lot of it. I believe if it is removed it would destroy a lot of potential RP that could happen on the server. 

Complimentary meme:

Spoiler

I mean...people stream GTA V, PUB G and many games that portray a lot worse than what you described.

I think you'll be alright.

If you are afraid of being banned from twitch due to the possibility of meeting people who say faggot or black person (or other offensive language) in an in-character roleplay context, maybe don't stream on DayZRP.

The end users of DayZRP are roleplayers, not twitch viewers.

Due to the magic of roleplay, people are able to become characters who might represent ideas that are not necessarily 'PC', something I think is great. People all over the world have a varied vocabulary, some of those people do use homophobic and/or racist slurs. People are allowed to roleplay characters from all over the world and use whatever vocabulary they want in-game. It's a roleplay server. They are just roleplaying characters who happen to be homophobic and/or racist and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as it is IC. Just because people use this language ICly does not necessarily mean they are personal views of the roleplayer IRL.

Edit: in the first line, the forums auto-changed my use of Nigg*r to "black person"

Edited by Conor

I see alot of twitch streamers getting by on the community and I would hate to have a restriction put against me because of a 3rd party site. 

I believe the server should follow Twitch ToS, it would bring more content creators to the server and boost server population. 

Theres no need to use the N word or the F word on the server. Whenever I hear it being used its not furthering RP or anything. Whenever I hear it, its just to insult somebody in the middle of a fire fight.

Edited by Jorrdan

18 minutes ago, Jorrdan said:
37 minutes ago, Challenger said:

I

I 100% agree with you guys. I think we should remove all violence and make this community snowflake proof. 

Edited by Jackfish

18 minutes ago, Jorrdan said:

Theres no need to use the N word or the F word on the server. Whenever I hear it being used its not furthering RP or anything. Whenever I hear it, its just to insult somebody in the middle of a fire fight.

Honestly I'm sure we could invent slang instead of using the actual words if it really gets to that.

I've streamed DayZRP for quite a while. Never had any issues myself. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Edited by Red