Server time (UTC): 2021-02-24, 17:15
Sign in to follow this  
Ron

Question about RDM & KOS

So I checked this verdict here and I am a bit confused. 

An official group initiates on people, some comply, some fight and a compliant hostage is killed  by @Jason b- from what I understood of the nice lil' recap @Phoenix wrote up.

Now what I struggle to understand is this little paragraph:

You are therefore being punished for invalidly killing a compliant hostage on sight. 

How do you know if a hostage is compliant if there was no interaction? My point is: there was. A pretty clear initiation by an official group. She heard it and complied to it. There was interaction. The kill was invalid, I agree 100% with the GM's. 

Since you had no prior RP with her

There was RP - the initiation, she heard and reacted to.

You positively ID'ed her as the hostage, making this a Kill on sight.

What makes her a hostage? She complies to given demands aka an interaction. She complied so the kill was invalid, making it RDM - imo.

From my understanding KOS is something like killing someone on sight without making contact / interaction before. The typical "But he looked like someone who was hostile to me earlier" scenario.  RDM/ Invalid Kill (role palyed) or whatever it is called these days is when you interact with someone and then kill them without any granted rights.

Question is why did you decide to doom this as KOS? Is an initiation not seen as interaction - if so since when?

I ask the GM team.

Edit: Just seen there is an appeal up, ofc I'll wait. Question still stands.

Edited by Ron

The reason we came to invalid kill on sight was because the killer never interacted with the hostage. The group may have initiated but not a single interaction was made before the hostage was killed by the accused.

There was clearly no threat presented by the hostage who died due to an itchy trigger finger

Sign in to follow this