Server time: 2017-08-23, 21:33

Sign in to follow this  
Heresiarch

Bending the rules

Heresiarch    0

A few questions about when a KoS is not a KoS.

If I ran into bandits robbing someone, am I allowed to KoS them, as I would have done if they tried to rob me?

Or can I only do so after declaring my intentions?

What if the bandits and their victim have already engaged in a firefight?

What if the person being robbed is not just some random dud, but a friend of mine?

If I remember correctly, forum rules state that KoSing someone, trying to rob the body of your friend, is fair game.

And another situation. If there is a person, sporting an axe and running towards me in close quarters, can I KoS him on the spot if he gets too close, or do I have to let him take a swing at my limbs first?

Spok    0

Had almost the same situation yesterday. I was near Cherno, to the east, near Prigorodki, in the bushes, and saw some dude in guillie suit shot some random survivor skin guy and robbed him. It was about 150 meters to them, so I couldn't hear what they were talking about, and I couldn't say anything to him. But I had a clear shot at the wookie... I didn't shoot. Simply because I didn't know how to act in such situations, and who was right or wrong in their quarrel, that ended in a firefight.

Guest Lunarity   
Guest Lunarity

On Forum You can find a FAQ but it's only a basic Q&A. I'm wondering about creating a FAQ thread with question from ppl and editing 1st post adding a Q&A when Admins will give answer for a player question ( currently i didn't find thread especially with a ppl question collection ). I'll talk about this with Rolle today, but later ( school now : < ). Maybe it'll be created someday : )

RealSheriff    0

Killing other players is ONLY allowed in following situations:

- You are being shot at

- You are being attacked/robbed/kidnapped by a bandit

I think in the first its hard to understand whats going on, who is the outlaw and who is the victim, is it rule legit banditry, retaliation or a clan fight or is it some KoS shootout. Joining the action without gaining information on that is always bad.

By the rules - as far as I read them - its only allowed to shoot if someone rob you /shoot at you (or your team mates).

If you think its a robbery and you want to help I guess the only way is to take the risk and approach the scene, find out whats going on (e.g. listen the talk) and tell the robber to freeze. If he don't comply you can shoot.

Heresiarch    0

I think in the first its hard to understand whats going on, who is the outlaw and who is the victim, is it rule legit banditry, retaliation or a clan fight or is it some KoS shootout. Joining the action without gaining information on that is always bad.

Not so hard to figure out what's going on, if you hear them ordering the guy to stop and drop his weapons. It's not like there is a big chance of them just giving him candy. To make the matters worse he was followed by zombies and they just let him get beat to death.

I had to let it slide, because flanking and gunning down a group of bandits is one thing, but going all good-cop style on them and letting them get a good aim at my head is quite another.

That's why I would like a straight answer to how KoS rules work in a situation like that.

Centrinoja    0

IF you are absolutely certain the person your going to shoot is the bandit when out of comm range but are watching them actually take another persons items then ofc you can shoot them you would be next if the bandit sees you. However making sure you have some sort of recording program to make video evidence of your kills is always the best idea.

also after taking the bandits down if the victim lives giving them their gear back and helping them get away is a witness statement you cannot live without :)

9 times out of 10 if you try to stop a random person been robbed you sign their death warrant as the moment you fire your weapon the bandits can and always will assume your the victims friends and that gives them the right to shoot the victim as its seen as not been compliant.

i dont get it read the rules its all clear 0o

no need to explain every situation that can occur just use the rules combined with common sense.......

Guest speaker   
Guest speaker

when you help someone getting robbed, you'd make him your friend/part of your group. being in a group/being friends doesn't mean you have to be in the same rp-teamspeak channel. you could make friends and build a group by shooting his robber. that way robbing would be more risky=more fun, the way of building friendships/groups would have more ingame options than using the forum but it would also be risky to help because the robbed one could backstab you any second, turning out as the winner in the end. i think it would take roleplaying to a next level for any of those parties(robbers,robbed ones and bountykillers). in my opinion rules aren't clear about that, because of the missing definition of "groups","friends".

- You are being attacked/robbed/kidnapped by a bandit

"You" meaning a single player?

"You" meaning a group/friends?

Spok    0

I vote for "You can shoot the bastard if you see him rob someone" rule! :) That would be some fresh excitement here.

Leviathan    0

I vote for "You can shoot the bastard if you see him rob someone" rule! :) That would be some fresh excitement here.

yes esp. for the admins because everybody will claim "it wasn't KoS, he tried to ROB the OTHER guy!". Same as every KoSer seems to claim: "it wasn't KoS I told him ...blargh...BUt he DIDNT comply!" even if they don't say sh*t ;)

Zoarial    0

yes esp. for the admins because everybody will claim "it wasn't KoS, he tried to ROB the OTHER guy!". Same as every KoSer seems to claim: "it wasn't KoS I told him ...blargh...BUt he DIDNT comply!" even if they don't say sh*t ;)

That allowance already exists for everyone. The problem is you do not know if someone is being robbed or not. If you feel someone is being robbed you have every right to kill that robber, livs has done it to CB, CB has done it to other bandits. As i said tho you must be sure that you are going to be killing a legit bandit robber other wise it's KOS and the admins will take action.

Guest speaker   
Guest speaker

thank you for the answer zoarial, i wasn't aware of that.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Everybody should record their gameplay, so they have evindence if this kind of thing happens...

Last days i took a helicopter from 3 guys that KOS a friend.

I recorded my gameplay but you wont see the message he gave me trough the shoutbox.

He just told me that hes beeing killed for no reason as he was running towards the helicopter. I helped him out few minutes ago with some stuff to get him geared up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMn-Qv0Ws4o&feature=plcp

thx for watching

greetz

Van

sarcasm83    0

Aand that guy VV is talking about was me. Though sure, I was running straight at them - but trying to ask for a lift when I got shot, hearing nothing but "you shouldn't have (something) you dumb fuck"

Turns out the other guy had said "Drop your weapon!" to me - and I wasn't in range to hear it. The OTHER guy thought _I_ said "drop your weapon" trying to rob them and shot me and called me dumb fuck for trying to rob 3 guys alone :D

A rather hilarious misunderstanding, now that I think of it, but at the time it surely sucked :)

But yeah I think you're allowed to shoot bandits trying to rob someone, if you wanna help the guy being robbed.

It would make absolutely no sense to run up next to them and say "Hey, I am here to try and prevent this robbery by shooting you".

So in my opinion; Bandits should be allowed to be KoS on the moment when they're acting hostile, but ofcourse not otherwise.

After all, right now bandits have a HUGE advantage for their robberies, as they can easily get close without anyone being allowed to shoot them... They can quite literally walk up to you from miles away even if you'd see them coming and then say "Hi, we're robbing you" and there's nothing you can do if it's you alone against multiple bandits - especially if any survivors possibly observing this aren't even allowed to help. It would even out the scale if they were free game to be shot during the robbery they're pulling off. But once the robbery is over and they did it successfully, back to the same rules of having to make contact. That would also make it a little less beneficial to go around constantly robbing people and make robbing people a bit more risky, and a little less easy..)

Grimzz    0

Aand that guy VV is talking about was me. Though sure, I was running straight at them - but trying to ask for a lift when I got shot, hearing nothing but "you shouldn't have (something) you dumb fuck"

Turns out the other guy had said "Drop your weapon!" to me - and I wasn't in range to hear it. The OTHER guy thought _I_ said "drop your weapon" trying to rob them and shot me and called me dumb fuck for trying to rob 3 guys alone :D

A rather hilarious misunderstanding, now that I think of it, but at the time it surely sucked :)

But yeah I think you're allowed to shoot bandits trying to rob someone, if you wanna help the guy being robbed.

It would make absolutely no sense to run up next to them and say "Hey, I am here to try and prevent this robbery by shooting you".

So in my opinion; Bandits should be allowed to be KoS on the moment when they're acting hostile, but ofcourse not otherwise. (After all, right now bandits have a huge advantage for their robberies, as they can easily get close without being shot at... it would even out the scale if they were free game during the robbery they're pulling off.)

As long you don't shot the wrong guy..and got reported for KOS..like some case that already happen.

sarcasm83    0

So in my opinion; Bandits should be allowed to be KoS on the moment when they're acting hostile, but ofcourse not otherwise. (After all, right now bandits have a huge advantage for their robberies, as they can easily get close without being shot at... it would even out the scale if they were free game during the robbery they're pulling off.)

As long you don't shot the wrong guy..and got reported for KOS..like some case that already happen.

Yeah, it's tricky.. these things are so situation based, that any hard absolute rules are pretty hard to make.

But well, I know I'm not going to have problems as I haven't even shot when I should have :D I'm always too kind :(

Zed    0

9 times out of 10 if you try to stop a random person been robbed you sign their death warrant as the moment you fire your weapon the bandits can and always will assume your the victims friends and that gives them the right to shoot the victim as its seen as not been compliant.

I cannot agree with this view. The Good Samaritan who intervenes must satisfy himself that a robbery is taking place and that they are shooting an actual bandit, all things which take time, spying, listening etc. For the robber to simply pull the trigger and kill a compliant victim who is probably lying on the floor on the simple assumption that anyone approaching is their friend or clan member goes agaainst the KoS rule because the victim did not resist, run away, etc.

A third party arriving on the scene and intervening is hostile and its he who should be shot at by the bandit, not the original victim, unless and until said victim tries to get away or arm himself.

Guest kmile   
Guest kmile

I am not sure the current rules work that way. Once any of the attacked parties take action against the robbers, all attacked parties become fair game.

l

I had the same question, so filed a KoS report once the Safe House was robbed. I was sitting on the roof passively, but my killing was legitimate according to the GMs.

Guest Neppari   
Guest Neppari

I was sitting on the roof passively, but my killing was legitimate according to the GMs.

Which clan/posse was this? As we all know, there's atleast 1 bandit clan with 2 GM's in it :)

For the sake of upholding the "rules" GMs shouldn't be in a bandit clan, that just makes the rule bending beyond godlike. GM's, especially on an RP server should be neutral upon all occasions, but some just get the "god-juice" in the noggin :)

ps. not directed at anyone special, just an observation from past experiences.

Guest kmile   
Guest kmile

I was sitting on the roof passively, but my killing was legitimate according to the GMs.

Which clan/posse was this? As we all know, there's atleast 1 bandit clan with 2 GM's in it :)

For the sake of upholding the "rules" GMs shouldn't be in a bandit clan, that just makes the rule bending beyond godlike. GM's, especially on an RP server should be neutral upon all occasions, but some just get the "god-juice" in the noggin :)

I think none of the GM's are allowed to handle reports against or involving their own clan. So I think that's handled pretty good on this server.

Oh, and it wasn't that bandit clan.

Guest Neppari   
Guest Neppari

I think none of the GM's are allowed to handle reports against or involving their own clan. So I think that's handled pretty good on this server.

Oh, and it wasn't that bandit clan.

That's relieving to hear, if that indeed is the case.

Sign in to follow this