Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 10:22 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
DrMax

Interview With A Community Member: Luke

add.png

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @Luke

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together.

Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to @Luke for participating!

Tell Us About Yourself?

Spoiler

So quite surprisingly my name's Luke, woah didn't expect that one did ya? I'm a 19 year old University student studying engineering but I honestly find it to be boring as hell. As the boys from Fifty Two will know I'm a bit of a stoner and spend most of the time I'm roleplaying high, but rather than ruining it for me it funnily enough makes it more immersive and enjoyable for some reason.

I've always wanted to be a content creator, through both streaming and uploading, but given my work and time restrictions I'm just not finding the time for it, though I hope I can when I head back to University. My first DayZRP stream averaged at about 15 viewers and I really couldn't have been happier, if you watched that then thank you.

I work in a Spar retail shop if anyone knows what they are and my manager treats me like a piece of shit, as well as creeps on me. I've been fired from it once before without fair reason however I got the job back thanks to putting 10 points into charisma when I was born, and I also need the work if I want to afford living. Whilst I'm at work I try to be the most enthusiastic positive fucker in there and the customers love it, elderly and young alike. I've recently realised how easy it is to make others happy 'n' smile, and whilst I may not be in a good mood myself, cheering others up is something I seem to be blessed with.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

As far as joining stories goes this isn't far from the norm. I was pretty into roleplaying on Garry's Mod (quality RP there I know), and administrated on more RP servers than I can remember. It was on a server that I was staff on that I met @ShadowJoey another member of staff, and he told me about a DayZ server focused on stories, interactions and RP. I almost creamed myself to be honest, it was everything I wanted from DayZ since I first bought the game. The server had moved to standalone by this point and the majority of people that I ran into weren't exactly "quality roleplayers" but I began making close friends and started up my first small group, even if it didn't go quite right!

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

Sadly, all the boys I started off with are no longer a part of the community so I can't really thank 'em. As mentioned earlier, @ShadowJoey got me into the server and we pretty much learned the ropes together, so I can thank him for the memories!

And I need to say a huge thank you to @JimRP for the raffles he held in the early days of his staff position, as it was thanks to him that I got the  HoF  rank, which gave me more reason to be a lot more active within the community. Sounds silly but the rank made me want to try harder and as a result I'm still active to this day.

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place? 

Spoiler

This is a hard one as it feels no matter what staff do there are always going to be complaints. In our group we have two moderators and I can see from them how much work goes into being a part of the staff within this community.

In all honesty, just keep it up. You guys are all working hard and people seem to forget you're actual people, well not @Saunders as we all know he's a bot.

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here? 

Spoiler

It's really hard to narrow it down to one experience if I'm honest. I'm currently in the best position I've ever been in purely because of the fellas I play with. Fifty Two has changed my DayZRP experience, it has been the first proper group I've ever truly rolled with and they've made the game 10 times more enjoyable. We've made memories both in-game and on discord and I hope to remain good friends with them long after the days of DayZ.

One of the funniest moments I've ever had here though has to be when I passed @Whiskayy a joint at our home-warming event, to which he then quickly said in discord, "Ok guys I need to go get high in real life, because immersion." and dashed. He came back 15 minutes later so toasted he could hardly talk. Maybe it ain't as funny to others but it was hilarious at the time.

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

Well... When I first joined the community back in 2015, the 16 age restriction was in place and you know your boy was still 15. I continued to play right up until a few weeks before my 16th but was then baited out by an old group member regarding my underage status and was perm'd. I did however make an appeal once I was 16 and the staff were happy to let me back in given activity and effort put into the community so thanks for that.

I also regret letting down three friends I made recently. Decisions I made led to them feeling angry with me however I'm happy to see everyone has moved on and that they are now all enjoying themselves once again. Sorry boys.

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

@Whiskayy: One of the closest friends I've made from this community and you can bet your ass we'd hotbox the shit out of that cell whilst we let the boys beneath find a way out!

@Saunders& @Realize: The famous duo. The two of you would find a way out of that cell within hours, even minutes. Two of the hardest working fellas I've ever met.

I'm going to regret saying this, @AlecM: Now Alec. Oh dear Alec. We both know as soon as you get in that cell we'd all start punching each other, shouting like mad men and erupt in general chaos. But if I'm going in a jail cell homie you know damn well I'm dragging you in with me .

What's your current favourite song/artist?

Spoiler

Oh nelly what a hard question.

As for artist: Pink Floyd

For song right now: 

What has been your favourite character you have played on the server and why?

Spoiler

It'll have to be my current character Clancy, of Fifty Two.

I've been playing him on and off since 2016 and a lot of his personality reflects that of my own. This can be both a bad and good thing, however being the 'leader' (if you want to call it that) of Fifty Two, it's nice to be myself in that position rather than another persona I'm making up. His careful use of substances somewhat resembles that of my own, and I just want to say a big thanks to the fellas of Fifty Two for helping develop him further.

What do you feel is missing from the community?

Spoiler

Acceptance.

Good things happen in communities and so do bad things. I've seen so many accounts of people causing big problems from things that are honestly not worth it. We all have opinions and opinions will conflict, but that doesn't mean we have to be at each other's throats because of it.

It really isn't my place to be talking about how people deal with things that happen in the community but I do feel if the community as a whole just talked things through maturely, then most problems would be solved. At least it's easier than immediately resorting to reports and hate.

But this is a strong community, and the positives really outshine the negatives in my opinion. We have some amazing people here with some incredible talents, so despite what I've written above I do think this is one of the strongest communities I've ever seen.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Spoiler

I mean I love to use photoshop and create graphic art but I'm far from amazing. I've taught myself everything I know about it and want to turn it into a more professional hobby one day, but for now making stuff for my friends is more than satisfying.

Whilst being happy isn't exactly a talent, I'm often praised at my retail job for the enthusiasm and charisma I show at work by customers. People regularly tell me that coming into the shop and talking to me has turned their day around and that means a lot to me. So you could say I have a talent for making people happy!

What was the origin of your username?  

Spoiler

I think I'd be stating the obvious here would I? When I first joined I used my usual handle of LSA which comes from my initials, then I believe to Luke, then Freak (based off a character I was playing), then Alone (wasn't even that Alone to be honest), and then finally back to my beloved Luke.

Why didn't you ask him any Star Wars related question? I mean he has the name. The name of a legend.

4 minutes ago, Hofer said:

Why didn't you ask him any Star Wars related question? I mean he has the name. The name of a legend.

Here's a story for you.

A bit before I was born, my mum proposed to my Dad that they call me "Anakin", which thinking about it now would've been pretty dope! But my Dad was worried I'd get taken the piss out of, and she then proposed "Luke" instead! And there you have it, I am officially named after Luke Skywalker!

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Here's a story for you.

A bit before I was born, my mum proposed to my Dad that they call me "Anakin", which thinking about it now would've been pretty dope! But my Dad was worried I'd get taken the piss out of, and she then proposed "Luke" instead! And there you have it, I am officially named after Luke Skywalker!

Can we be friends?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hofer said:

Can we be friends?

old man nod GIF

It's just as well because I'm a Star Wars fanatic, it's been a massive part of my life and probably will till I die!

Edited by Luke

1 minute ago, Luke said:

old man nod GIF

It's just as well because I'm a Star Wars fanatic, it's been a massive part of my life and probably will till I die!

May the force be with you.

Great read 👍🏻

Ayyyy, great read and a great guy!

I'm a bit of a stoner and spend most of the time I'm roleplaying high, but rather than ruining it for me it funnily enough makes it more immersive and enjoyable for some reason.

Boooooooy, do you ever. 😄 And stumble into help desk toasted.... That was hilarious.

This was a good read. I'm looking forwards to running into Clancy!

27 minutes ago, Rover said:

Boooooooy, do you ever. 😄 And stumble into help desk toasted.... That was hilarious.

This was a good read. I'm looking forwards to running into Clancy!

That was honestly so funny. The fact the problem was solved so quickly clearly shows we have a top-notch Support here!

han solo wink GIF by Star Wars

36 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Ayyyy, great read and a great guy!

Thanks darling, let's hope you get to do the next one man! Now that I'd love to see!

Just now, Luke said:

Thanks darling, let's hope you get to do the next one man! Now that I'd love to see!

I'd be down, never done one before. I love how enthusiastic you are about everything though, you make people around you happier and it's helps alot. Love you bro ❤️ 

Just now, Saunders said:

I'd be down, never done one before. I love how enthusiastic you are about everything though, you make people around you happier and it's helps alot. Love you bro ❤️ 

Same goes for you bro 😄, and to imagine the chances of us meeting were actually miniscule!

sylvester stallone hug GIF by Rocky

“Anthony loved that.” 

😉

Honestly though, thanks for the mention! Let’s make more memories whether it’s with our current characters or not. Great read too! 

2 hours ago, Whiskayy said:

“Anthony loved that.” 

😉

Honestly though, thanks for the mention! Let’s make more memories whether it’s with our current characters or not. Great read too! 

bromance love GIF

On 7/12/2019 at 10:50 AM, DrMax said:

Sorry boys.

Apology accepted Padre, life goes on, we all make mistakes. 

This thread is wholesome as fuck.

Nice interview chief, please wander into HD stoned more often :trolle:

44 minutes ago, Kieran said:

This thread is wholesome as fuck.

Nice interview chief, please wander into HD stoned more often :trolle:

stoned ice cube GIF

Staring at the DayZ launcher wondering what's wrong then realising it's been the wrong patch for the past 15 minutes...

Throwback to our WorldRP super admin memes. Been a long ass time and I was definitely over 16 when I joined, I remember walking about with me being an insane piece of shit