Server time (UTC): 2020-01-22, 03:38 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Gatorr

Child RP

On 7/11/2019 at 9:23 PM, groovy vnp said:

When I first joined DayZRP one of my first interactions was with child RP: a 12 year old axe wielding cannibal girl initiating on GM compound.

Needless to say I've always felt that child rp is used by some as a way to trollrp. Met a cat-girl-lady-thing about a month ago who was meowing and running spasticly.

Young Adults, and older teenagers I don't mind, but once you start to squeak I'm on guard.

Some people may be particularly good at ChildRP, I haven't got to RP enough with those players sadly. 

funny i met that 12 year old cutting up infected like it literally a video game lol

Role playing children has been an issue of debate for some time, the issue is if it's done well most people don't really mind, and I can see why. It adds a depth of characters into the scope of RP, the drawback being DayZ was never a game designed to host child models of any kind, meaning any members of our community have to ask us to suspend our disbelief in order to accept their character is a child. Because if you want to be super pedantic about it: 

image.png.edbfa72a10a369346c787ca7ddc52d5d.png

Now I'm by no means saying that anyone who role plays a child or young character is necessarily power gaming, but it plays into the belief section of rule 3.7 pretty hard, and can be detrimental if the roleplayer in question isn't taking their role seriously. Most grown-ups have forgotten how kids think, and rather poorly act out how a kid might have taken to digesting the information provided by a scenario like the apocalypse. Want to give it a go regardless? Sure, but like many aspects of this community expect there to be a diverse range of reactions to your choice in playing that character, and some more than diverse feedback too.

That being said, I've seen it done before and done well, if you can live up to the pretty high bars set by previous role players more power to you. 

I mean.. I think some people should really give it a go themselves! Somebody already act like a child even though they play adult characters! I will still stand by my statement that people should send a msg to the person they have a problem with and not start shit publicly 🤷‍♀️

What are you on about? The child roleplayers of this community are the best I've seen, and I think the majority of you are overseeing they're true goal. See, by roleplaying 13 year olds and acting 5, their TRUE desire is to trick the opposing threat, lure them in, and sneak attack them like little fucking ninjas when they least expect it. 10/10 tbh, and really in-depth RP imo.

large.jpg.5b624b8b1e23c7169c0eeba335507835.jpg

But on a serious note, it pains me to see "15" year olds running around with AWM's and battle axes screaming at the top of their lungs at people demanding respect, acting like he/she is the God damn King/Queen of England.

Things to be improved by these RP'ing cuties:

1. Make your character have fear inside of them... Like a lot of it.
  2. Stop shit-talking people for no reason, just because your a child.
  3. Make your character act age-appropriately.
  4. Watch some clips of Carl from TWD, and take a few of his characteristics into consideration.
  5. Carry light gear, as most children aren't as strong as full-grown men.
  6. Improvise, and actually think of what a child would do in situations.

Not going to call anyone out, but ChildRP has to be improved a good bit before I think it's actually "suitable" for an RP server as complex and hardcore as DayzRP.

Edited by StewieRP

I’ve been here years and I’ve never seen or at least had a deep talk to recognise a player was a child. But if I did know I would find great joy in scaring the hell out of them and really pushing the boundaries on them morals. As long as people play by the weaknesses of age and aren’t using it idiotically then I encourage it. It can bring a lot to peoples characters whether they are evil or good. Protect those little bidders.  

25 minutes ago, Billy said:

I’ve been here years and I’ve never seen or at least had a deep talk to recognise a player was a child. But if I did know I would find great joy in scaring the hell out of them and really pushing the boundaries on them morals. As long as people play by the weaknesses of age and aren’t using it idiotically then I encourage it. It can bring a lot to peoples characters whether they are evil or good. Protect those little bidders.  

There were a few regular children going around the triangle like 2-3 weeks ago, one of them was as young as 14 IC. It's a big hit or miss when you do encounter them. Depends on the roleplayer themselves and how good they are to potray someone much younger than themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Shroud said:

Wasn't he the one that taught her about sex?

1914273131_82b072a9d31e8e0e03f465ea05652664(1).gif.1b040941ab16125a2fcbebafb136786b.gif

Edited by Eagle

5 minutes ago, Shroud said:

So a bud of mine sent me a clip from a stream and i think this really drills home the point to me that this Child RP shit is getting a bit out of hand, we are getting into some real fucking weird territory here people, and i think shit needs to be toned down.

-video-

lol wtf, this coupled with sex-ed? seems kind of weird to me not gonna lie 

@Jpurts has the right idea with age-limits for characters. Cause if it's gonna be weird for someone to juice on a child it better be just as weird for that child to do it to a grown up.

Edited by NozzyRP

I think the simple answer here is to put an age limit on characters, because most of the role play from child characters which I have seen is El Garbo.

child rp is disgusting sorry. a twenty-something pretending to be a small girl (usually) is never right in my books.

especially with how unrealistically they're portrayed. 

Edited by Xavier

Worst thing you can come across is a person rping a child in game, Every time I see a child in game, all I see is trolling because they go off and do weird and questionable things in game and play it off saying its a what a child would do. I've got to the point where if a child comes up to me I just tell to fuck off from me because I aint dealing with that OOC and IC my characters hates kids. 

Edited by FalkRP

confused what are you doing GIF

I don't want anyone to leap to conclusions with a 30 second clip only to showcase the RP of the character.... but.... I sincerely hope this is not the standard of RP from those portraying 'young' characters.

2 minutes ago, Rover said:

confused what are you doing GIF

I don't want anyone to leap to conclusions with a 30 second clip only to showcase the RP of the character.... but.... I sincerely hope this is not the standard of RP from those portraying 'young' characters.

Pretty much how it is now. I met one one not weird child rper @Phoenix. All the others I have heard and see are like that in that video, Like i said just plain trolling. 

Edited by FalkRP

yeah no, also brought something to my attention:

ban childrp, or ban general ERP

not a good look at all to have them both on the server at the same time.

10 minutes ago, YNW Pep said:

With that being said @CocoMii, @Hunter i want to hear your side of what the hell happened there 

Coco basically finding a way to make me and Phoenyxx feel so fucking awkward as a joke. 

@YNW Pep help...

Edited by Hunter

I think that specific character is afflicted with childhood trauma which makes them act regressed to a younger age. Typically a age before the trauma occurred. Even if you put a age limit on characters, they can still be mentally unwell which makes them act younger. IE; Jackson from Wolf Pack was traumatized and acted "simple" or much younger than he was actively IG on that character (Even confused one of our members who thought he was a kid before we told them what was going on). But this made perfect sense, and was RP'd well and realistically so I didn't and don't see a issue with how it was played out.

I think this character is mentally unwell and as such they act much younger when they're in the mind frame. No context to what else is going on in this clip, but you have to consider is this character currently suffering from trauma? If they are, was the trauma at a younger age causing them to regress? Is the RP done well, or does it seem trolly? 

If you don't like their RP, walk away or excuse yourself. You're not required to RP with that person, (Unless it's a hostage, etc etc blah blah). It's not against the rules to not enjoy someone else's RP either, but it is against the rules to put down or harass other members specially if it's for their style of RP. As long as they are obeying the rules, then they are free to RP how they would like. If they act trolly, report them and let the Staff Team handle it.

Spoiler

1.1 We demand all our members to be polite, behave maturely and with respect towards one another at all times. Do not insult, bully, harass, troll or provoke other DayZRP members.

1.2 Listen to what others have to say before expressing your opinion. Never put down people or their ideas, nit-pick, constantly criticize over little things, belittle, judge, demean or patronize. A series of seemingly trivial actions, added up over time, constitutes bullying. Treat people the same no matter their race, religion, gender, size, age, or country of origin.

1 minute ago, Hunter said:

Coco basically finding a way to make me and Phoenyxx feel so fucking awkward.

@YNW Pep help...

Fucking a 14 year old sounds awkward asfk....

Just now, Eagle said:

Fucking a 14 year old sounds awkward asfk....

Good thing I ain't fucking a 14 year old then.

Lets refrain from taking shit overboard.

1 minute ago, Brayces said:

I think that specific character is afflicted with childhood trauma which makes them act regressed to a younger age.

(if the mentioned character is the same user who's been @tted)

https://www.dayzrp.com/characters/display-14895/

No reason to ban childRP since there are a lot of people who do it right. And that clip was only a showcase of like not even more than 30 seconds.

When you see BadRP or TrollRP than just simply report it. 

Edited by Lyca

Just now, groovy stannis said:

(if the mentioned character is the same user who's been @tted)

https://www.dayzrp.com/characters/display-14895/

giphy.gif

Definitely some odd times we in lads

on a more serious note things like this need to be taken a tad more seriously, can't have people walking around as 13 year olds ERPing, like the fuck

Edited by Shroud

threads really getting wild, but yeah child rp always been weird only seen a very few people do it well.

8 minutes ago, Hunter said:

Coco basically finding a way to make me and Phoenyxx feel so fucking awkward.

@YNW Pep help...

11 minutes ago, YNW Pep said:

With that being said @CocoMii i want to hear your side of what the hell happened there 

This thread is not the place for this kind of thing. If it was an OOC thing and it wasn't taken IC, then keep it off stream and be wary of who could be recording it. There was also absolutely no need to cause drama over this regardless of how relevant this is.

I hope for the sakes of the three of you involved, that was a meme.

Edited by KingRP

Alot of people do ChildRP justice, alot of people dont.

Same with militaryRP, the same with crazyRP, the same with SurvivorRP, the same with RacistRP, the same with so many other different forms of RP.

Why ban ChildRP for the poor representation that some give it, while there are so many more that do it propper?

Also a 30 second highlight is never a proper representation for RP, everyone time to time dicks around and does silly shit, if you clip those moments then everyone is a Badrp'er by those standards.