Server time (UTC): 2019-07-22, 12:44

Posted (edited)

I personally hate kid characters they usually have really high pitch voices and act dumb around everything because their ''kids''

Edited by Eagle

Everybody RP's different and likes different styles. If people want to RP as children, let them. The few instances I RP'd with IC kids were quite enjoyable. They even fearRP! Its a change of pace away from the 'everybody is a battle hardened tier one operator'! cliche. 🙂

In my opinion If your 16+ years old and you play as a child in a video game, thats borderline weird. Don’t @ me.

14 hours ago, Mak said:

You think this is bad, until you meet a dude RPing as a woman through VOIP.

you mean without voice changer?!

this group was never reported for bad RP, also a few others did a good job playing kids , child/teenager RP is not bad in general

Guys I feel like I need to reiterate because some people arent understanding the topic. The title of the thread is Child RP but im not talking about Child RP as a whole. I have no problem with people playing as teenagers. Im talking about people who play teenagers who run around acting extremely dumb and helpless, talking like babies, crying and carrying teddy bears and shit.  Like all they need to do is emote they are a teenager and I'll get it. I feel like the rest is just overkill that makes it extremely weird and unrealistic. They wanna act like babies but carry around an AKM. 

Like some other people said, I dont know what kind of teenagers you guys come across where you live, but by the time I was in middle school kids were getting pregnant, doing drugs, entering the work force, and so on. Plus this is a mature roleplaying server. So theres going to be killing, torture, and yes even sexual references. I just find it weird to have people acting like toddlers. If Im engaging in hostilities I'm not going to acknowledge that attempt at a shield and I will beat you equally. 

Its kind of like when I played FiveM and people would change to a dog model and RP as one. It makes me cringe and I'm not going to engage in DogRP and pet you and call you a good boy. Same goes for here  

4 minutes ago, Gatorr said:

Guys I feel like I need to reiterate because some people arent understanding the topic. The title of the thread is Child RP but im not talking about Child RP as a whole. I have no problem with people playing as teenagers. Im talking about people who play teenagers who run around acting extremely dumb and helpless, talking like babies, crying and carrying teddy bears and shit.  Like all they need to do is emote they are a teenager and I'll get it. I feel like the rest is just overkill that makes it extremely weird and unrealistic. They wanna act like babies but carry around an AKM. 

Like some other people said, I dont know what kind of teenagers you guys come across where you live, but by the time I was in middle school kids were getting pregnant, doing drugs, entering the work force, and so on. Plus this is a mature roleplaying server. So theres going to be killing, torture, and yes even sexual references. I just find it weird to have people acting like toddlers. If Im engaging in hostilities I'm not going to acknowledge that attempt at a shield and I will beat you equally. 

Its kind of like when I played FiveM and people would change to a dog model and RP as one. It makes me cringe and I'm not going to engage in DogRP and pet you and call you a good boy. Same goes for here  

I agree with the above. I don't want to single out any individual players (and I don't think I know their forum names) but I came across this the other week and I wasn't sure if the person doing it was extremely mentally addled ICly and that was why, or they just don't have a very great understanding of development of teenagers. 

There is the argument of we don't know whats going on with a characters mind or why they are how they are, but thats never been an excuse for 'troll' roleplay. Not that any character I've come across playing a child I would immediately lump in as troll roleplay, but I did make a very firm and solid excuse for my character to not be around them anymore as I didn't particularly enjoy the encounter.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gatorr said:

They wanna act like babies but carry around an AKM.   

If there Congo babies, I see no problem.

Edited by NikoteenRP

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Gatorr said:

Okay, I think people understand you don't like it, but let people play how they like and if its trolly or BadRP, make a report and get it over and done with there.. Oh or even better, instead of making a thread, try PM the people who you are "cringing" at and try and discuss it with them directly.. Simple as that!

Edited by BrianM

17 hours ago, Gatorr said:

So one strange pattern I've noticed since joining the community 3 years ago, Is people make characters that are anywhere from 12-16, and they act like 5 year olds. It doesn't make much sense to me. I've never seen someone that old that act like literal babies and be so helpless and ignorant. It honestly makes me slightly uncomfortable because people expect you to treat them like 3 year olds when they are literally old enough to do anything and thats not really the kind of RP I want on this kind of server that has extremely mature themes. What are your guys' thoughts and experiences with this?

Edit: Plus in an apocalyptic scenario kids would be forced to mature even quicker to survive 

Have you reached out to speak to them? 

If someone wants to play as a kid, they should be allowed to so long as it follows the rules. Lots of people are uncomfortable with certain aspects of RP but all you have to do is either talk with the individual or just not be a part of it. You aren't forced to be around them and if the argument for that is that they are where you want to RP, that is still your choice to go and be around them.

I haven't experienced any ChildRP that wasn't enjoyable in my time here. For a grim situation/environment, they've brought a lot of fun and laughter and have genuinely good dark sides like @CocoMii and the other boy with her.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Terra said:

I call bs it on this as well.

Not one character I have played, in 6 years, has been raped or was forced to do sexual stuff and I only played adult woman.

I call BS too, I agree Terra.
Ive had light hearted memery of being "sold" but the people who did it knew it didn't bother me and it was nothing serious. (it was fucking hilarious)
I'm 100% confident that they'd stop if I'd said I didn't like it.
I've had the occasional sexist remark, but thats no different to the racist shit being thrown around too.

Though I have had issues OOC but that is usually squashed when people find out im a complete asshole.

I have nothing against child RPers, I even have a child waiting in the wings but im too scared to play her cause my voice probably wouldn't fit and everyone would just think I was Fae aha 😭
I've never met a meme-y child RPer and one of the best RPers I know plays a child. 
(Shoutout to @Malthis❤️ my wonderful son who is older than me)

Just let people RP what they want and report them if you think its badRP or trollyRP 🤷‍♀️

Edit: My brothers are 13 and 15 and I can confirm, whilst very smart individuals, they are both complete morons. 

Edited by Fae

It's very important to remember that just because you don't like certain RP, doesn't make it bad RP. The RP I've seen from kids in the last few days has been entertaining, and honestly kind of refreshing. I don't know their ages IC, but it doesn't bother me that they sound really young tbh. They bring something different to the server, instead of the same old stuff we're used to seeing.

I'll say it again, RP you don't like does not equal Bad RP.

We should all learn to roleplay together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

3 hours ago, Gatorr said:

Im talking about people who play teenagers who run around acting extremely dumb and helpless, talking like babies, crying and carrying teddy bears and shit. 

if i look at the stupid young generation in real life atm, they would act like 6years old ones, but i get your point. but i saw people playing adults and they are also acting like 8 years old children, so its not only a young characters problem. 🙂

Well as someone that plays a 14 year old Teenager Elly on the server sounding like 5 or 8 often, let me explain where this comes from. Considering I know very well what it means to be a child of this age, I remember a lot of my childhood back to when I was 3 years old.

On top my voice sounds naturally very young especially if I am in certain types of moods (like being happy or sad). It is a lot of effort for me to actually try and sound older on purpose. 

Elly went through some traumatic things at those ages and by sounding and acting like those ages again, she goes back to an earlier world in her mind, when everything was still ok, when the world for her was still happy. Its quiet a normal thing after trauma to do, to be happy and feel no worries for a while. She also tells everyone that she is just fine looking after herself. Girls are often grown out of to their full size between the ages of 11 and 13.

Back in my day I had a girl in my class at the age of 11 looking the spitting image of the picture I chose for Elly. Looking at the picture you would think she is like 16-17. 

I myself was my size outgrown when I was 12 and I am 30 now. If you see my teenager holding an AK it usually means she is holding it for someone that told her to hold it for them, was given an M4 and shown how to use it, used it very rarely. And usually under display of troubles with her shoulder. 

And yes playing a kid character is an amazing escape for people constantly hitting on any woman walking around. Which is a pretty accurate display of real life sadly XD one of the reasons I prefer to not leave my house much. 

If you get to know my character Elly you will find she acts like 5 or 8 purposefully for her own protection and not any evil intent. People strangely enough buy the act off her a lot till they take the time to get to know her and see that she often also just does it exactly because people believe it and to get a laugh. Like when she asks people to explain things they said that have a sexual note to it.

All the "kids" I knew between 12 and 14 .. LOL the girls all knew exactly everything about sex education and would do teenager strange girl things like go to a bowling club just to watch the butt of a guy they like as they bowl XD had a friend that would enjoy that a lot. But if asked about it of course act all innocent. 

And yes you have the occasional 12 year old that actually seems 5. I had a girl of 12 years in the hospital that actually believed everything she was told from hospital ghosts hating her loud music and coming for her at night, going through the rooms looking for sweets when the full moon was out and punishing those who gave none. You would think she was pretending but she was scared for real o.O even when she was told the truth she had a hard time believing that they don't exist. And it wasn't a mental hospital if that is what you think now. 

Posted (edited)

If you RP a 13+ character and talk like you’re in an anime with a teddy bear in your hands it’s a big yikes from me. At least reference the fact that you’re playing someone that clearly has a mental disorder.

Edited by Squillium

Posted (edited)

I am 30 and I still like teddy bears... o.O I even have one on my desk. *runs in her corner crying* Whats wrong with liking teddy bears.....onii chan?

Edited by GreenySmiley

20 minutes ago, Squillium said:

If you RP a 13+ character and talk like you’re in an anime with a teddy bear in your hands it’s a big yikes from me. At least reference the fact that you’re playing someone that clearly has a mental disorder.

Im 27 and I like teddy bears/Soft toys.
They're cute and good to cuddle.
Doesn't mean I have a mental disorder 😂
tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Fae said:

11 minutes ago, GreenySmiley said:

I also own a teddy bear myself.

image.png.978529294b112d906894d7a146084209.png

Love him. 

41 minutes ago, Fae said:

Im 27 and I like teddy bears/Soft toys.
They're cute and good to cuddle.
Doesn't mean I have a mental disorder 😂
tenor.gif

All real gamers still own a teddy bear.

The difference is carrying it at all times and acting like it’s pivotal to you.

I'd just report it as possible BadRP. Feels trolly and ruins any attempts at serious roleplaying.

When it comes to being harassed IC or OOC for playing female characters, I've had many people try their moves, but it's always been in good sport. I even think it adds a layer of realism, how women _would_ be targeted in an apocalyptic scenario. But that's neither here nor there.

I've played a 16 year old before, I was just really angsty and scared, but just acted like how I acted 2 years ago when I was actually 16. It's the best choice, rather than RPing an actual pre-teen child.

I feel like every time I encounter somebody rping a child it’s kind of immersion breaking. Maybe I missed the good ones? But whenever someone does the *you see a 10 year old* type emote I usually find the first exit I can get.

Circa 2017:

https://youtu.be/1wxaT5fKZs0?t=223

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, groovy stannis said:

I feel like every time I encounter somebody rping a child it’s kind of immersion breaking. Maybe I missed the good ones? But whenever someone does the *you see a 10 year old* type emote I usually find the first exit I can get.

Circa 2017:

https://youtu.be/1wxaT5fKZs0?t=223

I was going to make a post however I would only repeating exactly what this fine lad has posted.

Them: "*You would see a 10 year old, 120cm high, 42 pounds and-

Me: giphy.gif.466aa6bc0994dbc3f03a9d2db763b9f2.gif

Joking aside its definitely not my cup of tea from what I have seen so far but who cares, everyone has their own taste of RP at the end of the day, let em do what they want.

Edited by Ryan Shepherd