Server time (UTC): 2020-01-24, 18:36 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Laroche

Item Shop for Groups

I thought about this earlier and I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but here it goes, basically there could be an Item Shop for official groups where leader(s) can buy clothing items for all group members. Items would be removed when a member leaves the group or the group closes. I've been in groups before where certain uniforms or clothing was required and we'd have to find them again after dying which can get annoying. Thoughts?

I don't think that's really necessary, and even if everyone wanted it, the owners probably wouldn't make the change anyway. Without the money from the item shop, they wouldn't be able to keep the server running. 

One could argue that individual members in a group could simply obtain said items from the shop and spawn them in when required, or "in advance" (make a stash, spawn items all the time after cooldown is over and store those items for others to take.

This is, I reckon, how the server is funded to some extent. Yet, I'd argue that official or approved groups should get some benefits, or be able to request them, such as group armbands. This was the case, as we can see with some groups, but they may have had to put cash on the table. I'm generally in favor of extending the possibilities for (approved) groups, and then especially lore groups who come with a certain kind of "backing" opposed to fictional or "limited" non-lore groups.

To recap: I'm not sure if all approved groups should get the ability for leaders to spawn in certain items from the item shop for free, that would undermine funding. From that perspective I could see reasons against it, from the player or consumer POV I am all for empowered groups.

The compromise I see in the large picture is that approved groups get more possibilities for certain custom content (whether they pay extra or not is another question, work effort has to be calculated), or are able (paid or not) to spawn in gear sets "at once", like a little bag opening with a pre-defined kit or set of clothing also normally reachable via the item shop. Or perhaps only the group leader can spawn in such a "kit" (with cooldown) to hand out to his "underlings".

Long story short, I see various possibilities to improve or enhance the official group experience, and I believe certain lore factions approved by LMs and wider staff should also get some bonuses if they, through their RP and work efforts, generate content for many to enjoy. As for how those benefits might look like, I'll keep that for another more specific topic for that matter. I'll just throw it out there.

Edited by Combine

As long as it is ten times the normal amount then I’m sure it will be okay.

@Roland aint gonna miss on those sweet microtransactions from the item shop by allowing just the leader to buy an item for the whole group amirite 😉 Although group skins would be awesome and were talked about a while back.

YES GROUP CLOTHING SHOULD BE A THING

Arma Life Gang Clothing if you know you know

You should make a poll my dude.

I'm up for it if people think it can be useful or ease the stupidity of needless grinding.

14 minutes ago, Mugin said:

You should make a poll my dude.

I'm up for it if people think it can be useful or ease the stupidity of needless grinding.

The community doesn’t really have a say in it, so a poll is useless.

In the end it’s up to the big men themselves

I thought that was what the outfit part of the shop was intended for. I am probably wrong though. 

Just now, tosstheball said:

The community doesn’t really have a say in it, so a poll is useless.

In the end it’s up to the big men themselves

We play on the server he owns...

Not saying Rolle doesn't love money, but our input always helps in these decisions.

Whether they use it or not.

I actually brought this idea up back in June. 

I like this idea but doubt it will become a thing. As is, Black Roses are using the Rose armband from the item shop which means those who opt not to pay 9 euros for an armband (which admittedly is a bit much IMO) cannot spawn their own and rely on us to spawn them for them. This isn't even an item that can be found in game to my knowledge which makes things all the more difficult. I like this idea but doubt it will come to pass because I recognize that this is a business and the item shop generates revenue.

If nothing else helps, tie it to monetary input then. Meaning you can get certain (outfit) perks as group if you spend some bucks. It's better to get this and have to spend some bucks than not get it at all I mean. Of course a "free version" you get for having an approved group is always preferred but I might as well say it in advance if money would be the only factor in the end that gets us this stuff.

If you are an approved group, you could as well collect donations or share the burden so it really shouldn't be a huge issue. I just see big potential in groups themselves and certain outfits or outfit kits would be a step in the right direction. In turn it would put more emphasis or reward on becoming or having an official group.