Server time (UTC): 2021-03-05, 14:16
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Chernarus IRL

Are you interested in pictures from IRL "Chernarus?"  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have just find out that locations from DayZ as shown in this map are like 1h of car driving from my town. Anyone would be interested to, if i get time, see pictures from "IRL Chernarus?".G3by0Qs.jpg

Should totally do comparison pictures of every available town.

Yes it would be cool

My man @SheepyMcSheepface posted Chernarus real life pics from Chernarus back in 2017 

I've seen Youtube video's and I must say that some of the OG towns on the Chernarus map are bang on what they look like in real life. I'd 100% be down to see some pictures of real life Chernarus as it's been some years since I saw the video. Some comparison pictures would be incredible!

yes do it. Just make sure you're careful if you drive through the triangle.

that would be amazing 

Take plenty I'll add them to my library.

I hope you dont mind me hijacking your thread ? As @ThanosRP said, I have been there about two years ago ^^ it was an incredible roadtrip, well worth the ride! Do it! It just felt super strange & amazing at the same time, driving through this random region somewhere in the Czech Republic, being able to navigate as if you grew up there... We went in November, and the "immersion" was incredible, with deep fog "at the coast" and clear weather up "North" ? here are some more impressions:

Found some Pepsi, a copy version of the very famous Pipsi brand:

imag1304hyjy5.jpg

Ústí nad Labem (aka Chernogorsk), where we stayed for the first night:

imag1305t9kmq.jpg

The bus stop at the Dubky Apartments:

imag1314erkl1.jpg

On the road through the valley from Ústí/Cherno to Chuderov/Nadezhdino

imag13116fkbp.jpg

One of the small dams, you'd find a similar one at the exact same location in DayZ:

imag1307m8kbs.jpg

Up the hills, approximately where you'd find the intersection of the roads to Rogovo & Stary Sobor ingame:

imag1315nbj5k.jpg

The "dirt road" to the little compound at castle Zub (the houses are pretty much the compound, on the hill to the right is the castle):

imag1318onjgc.jpg

Ilya has cereals for breakfast at castle Zub:

20171129204317_101k0v.jpg

We have cereals for breakfast at castle Zub:

imag13269nk53.jpg

Inside the castle:

imag1336z1kvi.jpg

The view towards Green Mountain (you can really recognize the tree line & the shape, as well as the villages where Pulkovo, Pogorevka and Rugovo would be located ingame, while the radio tower is on a different hill than ingame (which is outside of the game's map area ^^):

imag1325itjm5.jpg

Back at the "coast" again: Elektorzavodzk factory

imag1337yokh3.jpg

The rocks North of Svetlojarsk (was quite dark already, sorry for crappy image quality):

imag1342c6kij.jpg

imag13462rkmn.jpg

Then we drove back to where Berezino is ingame, and up the road with the little military checkpoint and the double bend - taking a right turn at the first intersection will lead you to? ... Correct! Gorka!

imag1353amjz7.jpg

imag13577xkn4.jpg

imag1360zykhv.jpg

And then further down the road, into the triangle... Everybody should recognize this place ?:

indexyoyqk.jpg

index2aaaig.jpg

Ruined house, exactely at the same place as ingame (in a slightly less decayed state, though ^^)

imag1371pcjgs.jpg

Whe continued on the road to "Kabanino", then took a right turn through "Grishino". The road down to the "Northern Highway" was very recognizable again:

imag1373vyj6s.jpg

imag1374a7jib.jpg

We then spent the night in Decin, which is by the way a lovely place to try a few local Kvass ?... Next morning, heading back home, once again along the Northern Highway, this time with light to take some pictures:

Novodimitrovsk blocks look somewhat familiar  ?

imag13784bjn8.jpg

The small castle at Svergino:

imag1386qck15.jpg

Even the bloody car dealer between Novodimitrovsk and Severograd is a thing in real life, too:

imag1382crkws.jpg

Driving through "Severograd":

imag138932k17.jpg

And then, finally, trying to escape South Zagoria via the Grozovoy Pass: ^^

imag14064kk2d.jpg

-------------------------

Hope you like these pictures, definitely go there yourself, it is an increadibly experience! And maybe bring some better photos than me ? if you need some tips for where to get good beer & food, hmu!

11 minutes ago, SheepyMcSheepface said:

-Snippy-Snip.- 

I know we like to give the DayZ developers and Bohemia Interactive a lot of shit around here, but that amount of accuracy is legitimately impressive. You cannot fault them on that front when it comes to the game.

2 hours ago, Jman14102 said:

I know we like to give the DayZ developers and Bohemia Interactive a lot of shit around here, but that amount of accuracy is legitimately impressive. You cannot fault them on that front when it comes to the game.

Its true! I think a very big chunk of why we still play this sh**show of a game is due to the amazing map design. The map being an such accurate model of a real-world location makes it just incredibly immersive, which transports a lot of the "feel" of the game, and even makes it somewhat enjoyable to just wander around without a lot of player interaction ^^ and we have a lot of that in bloody DayZ ^^

Picture above fixed

rUyRdZf.jpg

E:

PInQaQB.jpg

Edited by Combine

On 7/13/2019 at 10:38 PM, Combine said:

Picture above fixed

Great work,  bratr, keeping homeland safe from foreign fake Pipsi! Slava Chernarus

20 minutes ago, SheepyMcSheepface said:

Great work,  bratr, keeping homeland safe from foreign fake Pipsi! Slava Chernarus

Ano, Slava Chernarus bratr! Also mind our other true Chernarussian brands and companies!

hiUTNNw.png

Edited by Combine

Cool pictures dude. It feels like when you play GTA V then you see actual photo's of the places IRL, it's like wait what it's real? Either way it is really cool that the buildings in-game are really not that different from the IRL counterparts.