Server time (UTC): 2021-03-05, 18:55
Sign in to follow this  
Finn

Display character features upon checking pulse.

Character study  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upon the recent topic of people not roleplaying out their permascars, an idea popped into my head. Just like every other horrible idea that pops into my mind I've decided to suggest it on here to see what other people think.

So here it is: 

So since most people decide to spam the chat in order to display the features they have. I though it would be a good idea that if you approach someone you could use a function like pulse check in order to study their features, but this wont display their names however. So we wont 

Results:

"You study the stranger: You would notice a he is missing and eye, has a hook for a hand and a peg leg."

This would also allow people to check for scarring on someone's body instead of using a cluster of OOC chat to find it out. 

Possibly derived from the features section of the character page?

Let me know what you guys think, this is pretty far fetched but I thought it would be a nice feature.

Feel free to add your own ideas to the mix.

Sounds like a cool idea, useful too.

That would be awesome. Like the health system for pawns in RimWorld where every individual body part has it's own health and can be damaged or destroyed during accidents or fighting.

Unfortunately, there are limits to what we can do with modding, and with the way DayZ currently handles saving of player data, I'm not really sure we can add anything to that. Plus, that description would then reset every time you die in game. It would have to be an external connection to our character pages system here on the website. As far as I know that is not possible at this time, even for Item shop we have to rely on extremely primitive data exchange methods between the website and the game to get them to work.

If this was done it would cut out the small awkward silence of people typing their injuries at the beginning of a convo. Keeps a convo flowing and all around more immersive.

25 minutes ago, Roland said:

That would be awesome. Like the health system for pawns in RimWorld where every individual body part has it's own health and can be damaged or destroyed during accidents or fighting.

Unfortunately, there are limits to what we can do with modding, and with the way DayZ currently handles saving of player data, I'm not really sure we can add anything to that. Plus, that description would then reset every time you die in game. It would have to be an external connection to our character pages system here on the website. As far as I know that is not possible at this time, even for Item shop we have to rely on extremely primitive data exchange methods between the website and the game to get them to work.

While adding it in-game doesn't seem feasible at the time, do you think it would be possible to add a sort of "paper doll" model or tab to character pages or something? Kind of like the display systems that they have in Project Zomboid or The Long Dark? Or hell, even in the style of a coroner's report paper for an added bit of extra morbidity? Examples below.

Spoiler

Health-Article-Bandaging.png

822680889_preview_TLD_EN_StatAttack.jpg

autopsy-report.png

Edited by Jman14102

We actually had something like that, but it was pooling from the IG Health of the various body part areas and was sorta clunky on character pages. @Jman14102 Perhaps Roland can add it back and make it editable for people who wanna tack that stuff on?

Edited by Brayces

6 minutes ago, Jman14102 said:

While adding it in-game doesn't seem feasible at the time, do you think it would be possible to add a sort of "paper doll" model or tab to character pages or something? Kind of like the display systems that they have in Project Zomboid or The Long Dark? Or hell, even in the style of a coroner's report paper for an added bit of extra morbidity? Examples below.

Reveal hidden contents

We used to have that working for a while, see thread below. But then the new DayZ SA version broke it because the server log syntax changed and I haven't had time to fix it yet.

1 minute ago, Brayces said:

We actually had something like that, but it was pooling from the IG Health of the various body part areas and was sorta clunky. @Jman14102 Perhaps Roland can add it back and make it editable for people who wanna tack that stuff on?

I remember that, actually. It didn't work exactly as intended, from what I saw, and not everyone used it. But I'm pretty sure if it got revised or cleaned up a bit and was added back in, people would use it. I know I would, because my current character's injury list is getting massive.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

We used to have that working for a while, see thread below. But then the new DayZ SA version broke it because the server log syntax changed and I haven't had time to fix it yet.

Yeah, that's it! It'd be cool to have that back, and like @Brayces said, make it so that it's editable for players or something! That is probably pretty low on the list of priorities right now, though, so I completely understand.

This sounds awesome in concept, but hopefully we're able to have it totally separate from the actual pulse check feature.

The last thing we need is a repeat of the early days of standalone where everyone and there mother was breathing into your face to check your pulse for your name.  Would be even worse this go-around now that there's an animation for it.

Maybe even a triage function for medics would be nice, create some decent RP out of it, or maybe even a self triage system so you can tell what you're injured with.

Edited by Ciiber