Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 02:08
Sign in to follow this  
Millie

Kamensk Expedition

Posted (edited)

*an woman's voice with a Chernorussian accent comes over the radio, an occasional slight rasp betraying her age*

"I am Dr Yekaterina Cibulka, epidemiologist. I wish to hire the services of a mercenary group to accompany me on an expedition to Kamenka so that I may investigate the origins of the outbreak. I would like to leave as soon as possible. Please contact me via radio to discuss terms of an agreement."

Edited by yiska

Posted (edited)

*PTT.*

"I will extend to you the same courtesy of a warning as I did the last doctor with the idea. Do. Not. Go. To. Kamensk. If you truly wish to know anything I have use for doctors in Novaya. Ask for Brandon if you come."

*PTT.*

Edited by GalloWB

Posted (edited)

*Radomir sits his post, listening to radio waves. Upon catching the request, he asks his CO before responding. The chernarussian man can be heard, booming over the radio*

"This is Corporal Radomir with the thirty first NBCP, twelfth conscripts CDF detachment. I STRONGLY advise you do not make any such advance towards Kamensk, assuming that is where you mean to go. The area is dangerous, and you most definitely do not possess the possible equipment to keep yourself safe. A simple NBC suit will not protect you."

"Again, I strongly recommend that you do not make any advances to the location. You will be sick with radiation within minutes."

*The man releases the PTT, sighing*

Edited by groovy chow

*Helden's face would come to a slight smile as he hears the voices talking about Kamensk, getting into the conversation immediately*

"To whoever is going to Kamensk, don't."

"I'm Dr. Helden Tatcher, and have been there a few days ago, concluding my research, one that hasn't been 100% concluded by the united nations ever since 2017. You won't find anything but a decaying pit of decomposed and radioactive organic matter which will kill you if you get close with no protection. That place is as dangerous as it gets."

"Not to mention the almost love-craftian creatures that lie within there. The gray-skins have almost melted skin, which has turned them into abominations that shouldn't be approached. Any contact with bodily fluids risk immediate infection; and also, there's the radiation problem. Don't you come into that place without a full CBRN protection suit, or you will suffer the consequences."

"And as for the man whose voice I recognize as the one who warned me before, I've done it. Got in, got out. Not going to claim I did it unscathed, but I managed to finish all I wanted to do. Your warnings won't go unappreciated, however. Thank you for trying to stop me; perhaps it would've been better that way, but I still got a job to do."

*His voice would faint out in the frequency, returning to static*

*Her voice returns on the radio*

"Ah yes, I misspoke. Kamensk not Kamenka. I seek the source of the outbreak, not a day at the beach, though I have many pleasant memories of the latter. I will take these warnings under advisement. I believe the information resulting from such an endeavor could be invaluable to my research and well worth the effort required to obtain the proper equipment, but I would like to be as prepared as possible before undertaking such a task and welcome any information I can obtain beforehand. I suppose I have some stops to make before embarking."

"I strongly, once again, advise you to NOT get into that compound. I'm trying to preserve not only your life, but your sanity."

"I can give you all there is to be known about that bloody forsaken place, but if you still wish to go and look at it yourself, I can't stop you."

*PTT.*

"I was told of an arrival there a few days ago, was unnaware it was you. You're free to come to Novaya aswell if you like and we can chat. I wish to know of your research, and I will restate that I need assistance from doctors. Perhaps we can assist eachother."

*PTT.*

"It seems as though making my way to Novaya would be prudent, regardless of my final course of action. I will do so at the earliest possible opportunity. I hope to see you there, Dr Tatcher."

"Brandon? I knew your voice sounded familiar. This is Doctor Drew Williams. I doubt you remember me but we worked together about a year ago. Something about a plane crash if you recall. If you're in need of doctors, I can head your way"

*PTT.*

"Yes.. My plane. I remember you, of course. You can meet me in Novaya. I'll be around in about four hours if you are."