Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 06:27
Sign in to follow this  
Squillium

The Loud Minority/2.3

Posted (edited)

I used to be killed by @Dusty everyday while in the Heathens and I never once said anything to staff 🙂 

Edited by FalkRP

Posted (edited)

Yeah 2.3 wasn't spoken of very often some time ago, people actually would leave feedback and discuss things like adults, seems that ever since a certain bunch of people came over here people just like to spring to 2.3 because they don't like getting attacked every now and then for things that they did, pretty fuckin ridiculous if you ask me.

Edited by Shroud

Also while I was in The Saviors we attack kab for weeks on end. 

@SquilliumI give you so much shit but man you actually make sense for once, I am so proud of you babe!

Like Shroud said, 2.3 wasn't a topic for a long long time. If anything, I'd say hostilities in the last 6 months have been much more confined and story driven than previous years.
Take 2016 for example, the triangle was an absolute death zone.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Squillium said:

TLDR: A lot of you need to make a better effort to deal with issues in game instead of on the forums

Rules say no shitposting, but they say fuck all about TRUTHposting! 

Never has anything been put better. 

Back in the day when I was part of x groups (hell... even running a few of em) we played neutral groups, and it was a 24/7 job to make sure we didn't go to war... 

Was it due to these "super bad mr nasty PvPers"? 

No... it was keeping my fucking guys in line because somewhere down the road the average "Neutral member of our community" began acting like they could:

-Insult someone's sainted mother
-Punch their baby son in the face
-Shit on their lawn

In that order, without having so much as a stern telling off from the abused party...

And I am really REALLY glad you brought up @Chief's group as it brings up one of the proto-situations that led to this behaviour. 

I remember my boy Moody going to the island, no weapons, no back up, wishing to talk peace with chief... then some stupid fuckwit (who's name will not be spoken here) went up and KOS'd moody on the spot after calling him a bitch. I would even go as far as to say this individual was the reason moody's group kept going after Chief's group, as this fuckwit kept provoking em...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is the type of behaviour that causes groups to constantly raid your ass. "PvP" groups will happily shoot the shit out of each other if that's what they truly wanna do. But for fuck's sake don't give 1000 reasons to gank your ass, then run to staff, knowing full well the HostileRP group doesn't have the evidence recorded of your constant shit talk,  and then get em in huge shit... -_- 

+1000 this post. 

Tl;dr: 

Edited by The Traveler

Posted (edited)

I do agree to that fact that some people seem to use the rules to hide behind when they talk smack or otherwise brush off Hostile demands. I honestly feel a decent portion of the community doesn't think their actions should have consequences. 

Can't really comment on the rest.

Edited by groovy vnp
Edit: a word

I guess I'll throw my two cents in. I've been in groups in the past or at least played with groups that got attacked a lot. It's not fun, but there are definitely ways around it. Squillium gave a good example of Chief and Novy Svet and the Trust before that. They found plenty of obscure places to hide out and still accomplish things they wanted to do from what I recall. 

People should pick their fights more carefully and realize not to start conflicts if they aren't worth it. I've seen quite a few of these groups this lore that get accused of attacking a certain group or groups constantly, yet I also have seen them give those people multiple opportunities to have it stop with reasonable demands to start with, that only got worse if they didn't comply. Instead they'd say no, or better yet, say yes and lie trying to back-stab them with another group later. Afterwards the consequences for this were obviously worse.

Negotiate, compromise. I've done things on my character I didn't think I would've done at the start of the lore just because it benefited the well-being of my character or his friends. Be smart and reasonable. Value your characters life. Don't wage war against odds you can't beat if it's gonna have you end up with eating bullets every couple of days.

Maybe talk things out? It's at least worth making an attempt.

The problem is everyone wants to be the hero and wants to be the main character of their story meaning they HAVE to win. As Pamyati (and tell me I'm lying) We went around to EVERY group that was against us minus CDF and gave them easy demands, don't support CDF leave their base and you wont be harmed. We stuck by our word till these groups went against us. Now the reason I point this out because people complained about being attacked or being involved in wars but it was because of their decisions it happened. 

Everyone wants to be the big dogs and act tough shit in-game but when they're taken down a notch or two they get all their friends to post dumb feedback and claim 2.3. This community was known to welcoming everyone's roleplay and how they wanted to play but now it's like hostile groups those that are better at PVP are scum of the earth. I am salty that the group since all the feedback we changed and improved but that was overlooked. 

People need to remember this is a game we're here to have fun and welcome everyone's roleplay no matter if its by a campfire or doing hostileRP. Everyone also needs to remember this is a server wide story you and your group are not the main characters you won't always win you have to ROLEPLAY a way out of the situations YOU get YOUR group into. 

1 minute ago, Otto said:

People should pick their fights more carefully

As further context, I remember free medics getting in a borderline war a while back... over one single Russian in their 20 man group who'd been in their group for like 5 days. 

Rather than hand over the one man, they thought about going to war... when 70% of their group were supposed to be pacifists... 0_0 

1 Russian boy you barely know < All out war against one of the biggest groups on the server at the time. 

1 month later... poof, group gone... 

Now if this had happened nowadays I have no doubt the hostile group would of been castrated, pointed, maybe even disbanded via 2.3 😉 

I guess a semi-fair example. If I recall the fella in question was inactive at the time or was never around to be turned over.

1 minute ago, The Traveler said:

Now if this had happened nowadays I have no doubt the hostile group would of been castrated, pointed, maybe even disbanded via 2.3

Or all the members of the group Perm'd regardless of point history.

1 minute ago, Otto said:

I guess a semi-fair example. If I recall the fella in question was inactive at the time or was never around to be turned over.

And I was a sneaky boy and overheard the big FM meeting. War was what the majority wanted, only the leader / 2nd in command didn't want it... 

And then by pure chance a day later Free Medics accidentally got into a firefight with the group in question :L 

I'm not saying "hmmm"

But I'm saying "hmmmmm"

Like I said before:

This post contains 0 percent salt, just observations.

Campfire PVPer here:

(Unpopular opinion)

I think a lot of people have it coming to them. 

Most of the people I see complaining about the constant harassment of hostile groups honestly have it coming to them. They complain about the massive egos of the hostile characters of the server while theirs are just as ignorant and disrespectful most of the time. Honestly most of the time I meet these groups I often see only get to speak to them through wooden walls or while I'm staring up at them in a tower, people trust their walls too much while time has proven that shit-talking behind walls doesn't usually end well for you. since we're talking about settlements: there are quite a few groups that pack up and leave whenever a hostile group arrives, never do people want to come to a compromise to further enhance their story or negotiate with the groups and would rather run off leaving behind a shell of a settlement every time they run into problems which will only accumulate and accumulate and increase the lag on the server.

I do agree that alot of people wan't to play one way and one way only, they don't accept losses and if they lose that often complain on forums about it instead of coming to a compromise or peace treaty in-game. People would rather abandon their old bases and rebuild for days on end than to admit defeat. Nobody wants to play weak characters while I legit had a character with an obvious weakness (Clyde). I constantly see Passive RPers with massive egos bashing on PVP'er egos even though they're just tired of people constantly talking shit on radios and trying to form coalitions or miltias in order to attack them, then they complain they get raided too often when it is obvious their intentions are hostile.

People have it coming to them and nobody wants to admit defeat or work under a higher power. Nothing would excite me more to have a settlement of people guarded by the most powerful, but everybody want's their AK's, M4's and M249s because they need it to "take out infected" even if their characters are under the age of 18.

Everyone who is complaining about groups overpowering them need to realize that an apocalypse isn't fun and games.. and not everything is about them. 

0% Salt,

100% observations on actual behavior.

10 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

-snip snip-

Hey bud. Don't know why you gotta throw my old group under the bus like that. That is totally not what happen and your facts aren't straight but what ever. I would clarify what actually happen, and what actually forced us to archive [Hint the house. Not Cerna Liska.] but this isn't the place for that. 

Any who. As for the whole rule 2.3? I don't like it. I think it's a way for the community to get rid of a group ooc instead of dealing with IC. As for the point system? I don't think that sets a good standard. You guys want less reports right? More working it out Ooc? Well when you put this points system on the table you start this vicious cycle of groups trying to get rid of each others through reports. I know this already happens but now it will be worse. As for what I would do if I was able to change it? I would try and find a solution ic. If this said group is causing so much trouble and making life on the server living hell why not have a pvp event where said group must defend against all opposing groups? If they don't survive? Archive. If they survive? They get to continue reeking havoc on the server for a pre determined amount of time until the next attack.

This is just my opinion and suggestion. 

1 hour ago, Squillium said:

Almost every damn day I see you post something the forums, I generally have a disagreement with.

But what you state, brings a strong logical standpoint to the over-all social affairs in this community, and I have to come to an agreement with you one this one. 

To me it just seems like some of the newer members stopped reading the rules at 2.3 and didn't read 2.4 I'll drop it here for those that missed it.Rule2.4.PNG.0ba89698f72f3a2394f0b818decfbf4c.PNG

I get being attacked can be frustrating but everyone gets shot in this game and don't expect to be able to talk big if you're not gonna back it up. Enough said.

I still remember with the new moon, saviours, the house and kamenici times, fights broke out nearly daily and they kept it IC instead of bringing it to the forums, solve your things IG, irl u cant press a menu button and argue

yeah I get that groups can get denied or archived for too much negative feedback but a lot of times the people leaving the negative feedback are wrong. literally ALL of the hostilities that ive seen going on in game recently were caused by the people painting themselves as victims. In game they refuse to cater to the demands of the aggressors, talk shit about them to everyone else, and then when they are told to put their hands up or die they choose to die.  People need to stop blaming others for what happens to them IG and start looking at if there is a better way for them to handle it where they dont need to die.

Glad someone finally said it.

+1

Idk back in early 2018 to the summer people complained to rolle and rolle made super safe rules and the server died. 

Then when he changed the rules in september ish and with 63 server started to pop again.

I was active almost every day from september to december even doe 2.3 existed it wasent a problem becose rolle didt focus so mutch on the loud minority. Now when newcomers gets killed, robbed or any stuff like that people complain to rolle and as he threatens to perm the accused party, people that cant take that someone is better then them ic  they complain about 2.3

And after how the last 2.3 report with almost no evidence of who did what and who started everything. We got hit hard with no evidence.

And after that people realised if its so easy to get a guilty verdict on a 2.3 report. Why not threaten about it.

Its at the point its boring whatever you do people say IM GONNA 2.3 

2.3 is just being used in the wrong way atm

Posted (edited)

Honestly 2.3 was never a thing in 2014, 2015, 2016 or even 2017. So what happened? Were there just fewer PvP focused community members back then? No, there were even more. The only reason this is a thing now is because people like their safe space and would rather go yell when they don't feel like the IC actions towards them are fair. Aight sure, sometimes it can be too much and sometimes OOC actions may be needed to sort things out in special cases but jesus christ this has gone too far. 

In general I feel like the 2.3 rule needs a complete makeover. 

Edited by Blake

From what I've gathered it's literally only new players pulling this kind of shit. There's always been an understanding that, if you wanted to play on the server as if it was second life (have weird DayZ sex on top of a roof while taping it with your sick Gopro hero 5 black, get pregnant, howl together with your furry friends) then that was fine, but you shouldn't expect the same from everyone else. Now apparently you have to leave those circle-jerks alone because otherwise "Ooga booga 2.3", in spite of the shit they stirred up in-between ERP sessions.

The container 21 lads and the Irish steamrolled the fuck outta me and my beloved FALs back in 2015-2016, but you didn't catch me crying to the admins.

even though there were 2 really bad occasions where we know we got streamsniped awhile back we never pulled any of the shit you can now with 2.3 its incredible. Like if you are that harassed do a little re-thinking your strategy, develop a few options and determine where you go next. Some groups can't avoid this and I guess that's understandable but then get a bigger fish to fight your problem. Send out requests for guns for hire or find some other IC way to keep things going.  
Thanks fo the shout @The Traveler @Squillium @Otto

Back in the day we kept a good rep of staying hidden so if I did it you can do it.

2.3 needs an overhaul stat.