Server time (UTC): 2021-03-02, 01:15
Sign in to follow this  
Large_Tal0ns

First Person Only?

Ever since I began playing on this server I had always wondered why the server is not a first person only server when it is heavily reliant on RP.  Having a third person camera is really annoying to have when you eventually do get into gun fights because people are just able to peek you over the wall and know your exact location while you can't even see them.  This is especially annoying with the recent addition of grenades because someone can throw a grenade over a wall and kill you because they know your exact location but you can not even see them.  I think it would make more sense to have the servers be first person only because it would contribute more to the RP of the characters and overall make the server more enjoyable.  Someone had said to me that the reason for the toggleable cameras is because some new players like to play in third person rather than first person.  That is fine but i'm sure there are people like me who have played the game a lot and would prefer first person.  My solution to this would be to make either a new server that is only first person or to change one of the two servers that already exist into first person only. 

We have first person only server a while back and people didn't want it, so it's a no from me.

In addition, I personally enjoy having the option to switch to third person to look at my character, amongst other things. To me, having the option is fun. I personally use first person 80-90% of the time, but I really love having the option to switch.

We had FPP only server back in 2016, nobody played on it. I agree with you it's more immersive but it's just not what the community wants as a whole.

Press enter and you have your 'immersion'.

Theres also this..

4 minutes ago, Castiel said:

We had FPP only server back in 2016, nobody played on it.

No point people don't like it.

*High pitch* Ah no thank you!

I get where you're coming from but there's too many reasons against it. A lot of people like to be able to see their characters, some people get motion sickness from a first person perspective, and people are used to this game being a 3rd person game. No sense in changing it, just adapt your fighting style and use the 3rd person to your advantage.

If you want first person just press enter? 

no use in forcing it on other people tbh 

While it was shut down by Jim a while ago there is still this option.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1787304576

Using the link as a reference, we would be able to do our own version I am sure.

This example of a mod allows you to switch between first and third, only ever restricting you to first person IF you are holding a firearm in your hands.

It doesn't prevent people from looking at their character as mentioned while making it more difficult to abuse third person in firefights.

We've only ever tried a complete forced 1st person server back in 2016, and the example mod above is very different, as you are able to stay in third person for the majority of the time.

The only counter argument I really see, is if people that are used to PVP want to continue fighting in third person as it gives them advantages and they are probably used to it, which granted is a good enough reason, however I still think that example mod is the best solution to the problem.

11 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Look above at the responses.. Why bother trying to facilitate something people don't want?? Waste of time imo, end up like the last time.

Eight responses in my eyes doesn't represent the community opinion.

We currently have 618 votes on this thread here: 

And the thread that was created a while ago was shut down before it even reached 100 votes.

I can assure you, it should satisfy the cravings of both sides while keeping a certain balance in the PvP aspect of the game as well.

Let's not forget that this example mod caters to the arguments people have presented, being that they want to view their character in third person (Which they can still do with the exception of WHEN they are in combat.)

This is a different approach than that of 2016.

-1 Nah. 

I like using 3rd person to look around when I'm running around in fields and stuff for more ambiance, not to mention I know of other community members from threads like these in the past with health issues who will get motion sickness from running in 1P if they look at tall grass and stuff.

Another one of these threads? Alright then... NO.

No use in forcing people into playing first person only, especially that some simply can't due to health concerns. Others, like me, prefer 3rd person. We're customizing our character to the letter (with clothes ofc) so we like to see our character.

If you search the topic you will find a lot suggestion threads... with or without polls. The outcome was always the same... people dont want it... the majority... i dont want it.

No, thank you. 

I love, I adore, I idiolize RP in first person.

It puts fear in to a person, it makes you worry it leaves you more scared BUT.

I have seen in attempted twice on dayzrp and it always resulted in failure to attract a playerbase, so sadly no lets not waste money on trying it again...

i like looking at my dudes head its really cool and epic

also cute butt bro! (speaking to my character of course!)

this is why i vote no to first person

5 hours ago, NozzyRP said:

If you want first person just press enter? 

no use in forcing it on other people tbh 

that ^

-1 Absolutely Not. I hate.. despise first person roleplay servers.. This is a terrible Idea. Plus I actually like to see what my character looks like, and not only by opening the inventory. 

if I ever decide to play a female, I want to look at that sweet ass as I jog down the street in my jogging shorts. -1 from me 

Absolutely not. I hate first person servers. I enjoy looking at my character/having the option to switch back and forth between first and third person.

Feel free to play in first yourself but dont force it on the rest of us.

(Also motion sickness isnt fun lmao)

Edited by Fae

The debate on first person versus third person has been a recurring event on the forums, but the vast majority of the community has made it clear that it has no desire to be forced into first person for a wide variety of reasons (motion sickness, forced perspective, wanting to see their characters, firefight advantages). While I myself would love the server to be first person only, it's simply impossible to maintain without losing a significant amount of roleplayers that have no desire to be forced into a single perspective.

I know it  feels unfair when you exclusively use first person yourself while everyone else uses third. But it's a disadvantage you'll have to deal with, because it's definitely not going to change unless the mod that Ducky suggested earlier in the thread will get implemented in some way (and honestly, I'd find that to be a very good mod to add).

Newp, I like the choice between switching between 1st and 3rd person.

Nah, It will never happen. I like to use 3rd person more then 1st. I played on 1st person only for months before I came here and it was awful. Keep it how it is. 

Edited by FalkRP

If you wanna play FPP you have the choice to lmao

yeah first person is the best but most people like third person more. i play in first person and sometimes its annoying if someone says "i can see you bud" and you cant see him because of firstperson-thirdperson thing, but thats the game.

1st-person games give me terrible motion sickness.  With 3rd-person available here, I'm doing OK so far.