Server time (UTC): 2021-02-27, 04:24
Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Rain

Rain dmg  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the rain sometimes lasting for hours it can be a pain in the ass for it to kill you whilst your moving about.
Is there are a chance for this slow death mechanic to be removed? What do people think of it?

Wait, rain kills you?

I was running around in it yesterday and didn't notice anything amiss...?

Its not the rain that kills you, its the cold. I believe the server temperature get increased? I do not seem to get as cold as I used too when sprinting in Rain. 

Rain gets you character wet

Wetness makes him cold

Coldness gets you hypothermic due to a decrease in temperature

That does damage

It's simple really, get a raincoat, a heatpack or perhaps make a fireplace. It's pretty easy

I like the mechanic, honestly. Keeps you on your toes to be dressed adequately at all times, or get to making fires to warm up, or keep heat packs handy. It's more 'immersive' in that sense that you have to keep in mind your body temp when you're getting soaking wet out in the wilderness vs being in town. Adapt and overcome! 

-

Edited by Guest

It's summer. In Chernarus. 

Even if you do get soaking wet it's not going to kill you. Yeah you might shiver or get chills and be uncomfortable but you'll live. At MSW this year the RUSFOR faction laid an ambush after an engagement for NATO, I sat under a tree for 2 hours and got a tad bit wet and chilly but I didn't die, and the temp was comparable to eastern europe.

I'd change the values for summer.

I could imagine it get's extremely cold during winter months and could even kill if not wearing warm clothing. But right now it's summer and the values could definitely do with tweaking during these months and possibly minor tweaking during the winter months.