Server time (UTC): 2021-03-03, 20:24
Sign in to follow this  
Noddan

Sick?

Heya, i got this bacteria? Icon on my bar and can't figure out what i means

Last time I played dayz i never got it but it's long time ago now

el5efhlpfh521.png

Means you been drinking unclean water (rivers, ponds etc). I've had it for like a week and don't think it actually does anything. Can be cured with antibiotics (Tetracycline).

Thank you! Then I can stop worrie i'll drop dead all of a sudden:)

I think it now depends on the sickness I also have the icon but the antibiotics didn't work and I haven't drunk from a pond but bandaged using damaged rags when I got my sickness.

Either different meds needed or the sickness is bugged currently

I actually got this from being hit by a bunch of zombie at the same time. At least that is when it popped up for me. Since I was a new spawn I don't think I got it from an unclean water source in my case, I didn't really drink from them when I got that.

Edited by Combine

I Think i got from zombies aswell, thats why I am abit worried i got the virus or something? Are we not immun?

This is no gameplay aspect, meaning it's totally up to you how you want to roleplay it, from never being infected to being immune, immune but a carrier, etc.

Generally those infection lore thingies aren't really roleplayed out as far as I can tell, so it'll be a secondary or tertiary issue at best on an RP level.

It pops back up every time I drink from ponds/rivers. Maybe it's a placeholder icon for multiple types of sickness?  All it took for me was 2 tabs of antibiotics. Take one, wait for pill icon to go away, take another @Voodoo

Taking antibiotics seems to actually work a lot quicker now a days. So Tetracycline antibiotics you need to find which is common in medical houses and hospitals.

I get sick from nothing. I think it may be a bug in our system itself since I make sure not to be 'unhygienic' in game.

No, here's the thing. We got some diseases working in game, whilst some others just don't.

There are two types of curable diseases in game right now, those being bacterial and poisoning. I'm pretty sure the only way to cure Flu is by keeping healthy stats and not getting close to other people with the Flu.

To cure poisoning (Salmonella; meaning you ate meat raw): Charcoal tabs

To cure bacterial stuff (Cholera; meaning you either got too close to someone who has it, or drank from pond water): Tetracycline tabs

None of there are solvable with only one pill. You need to have multiple. Once your "medicine" status runs out from your bar (The pill that appears next to the "sick" status), have another one, until it's solved. It takes time, but it goes out. Has happened to me two times already, and I got out two times already.

P.S: Some diseases don't work, apparently Cholera is one. It doesn't deteriorate your stats a single bit for now, but idk, it's pretty confusing stuff