Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 18:37
Sign in to follow this  
Skrill

New vehicles

Vote  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, tosstheball said:

When was the last time you drove a car? 

In my recent few days of driving on close to full population it was fine, a few hitches but fine.

After the recent stable branch update I believe it was.

To be honest, none of the updates have really made the impact they need to for the player count that we have. If @Misho says it has to do with the box and the equipment then maybe we need to stand for a upgrade.

Im not saying its anything, DayZ is an unstable game still and it varies from patch to patch. Devs are doing work to on increase stability and performance so I think we should just wait and see how it goes until the end of the year.

One thing we know for sure is that the official recommended playercount is 60-70 players max on a server, we run above that because people want to play and RP together on one server or two ay most.

We have gone trough logs numerous times and can't find any reason for crashes except for Vanilla DayZ issues.

4 minutes ago, Misho said:

Im not saying its anything, DayZ is an unstable game still and it varies from patch to patch. Devs are doing work to on increase stability and performance so I think we should just wait and see how it goes until the end of the year.

One thing we know for sure is that the official recommended playercount is 60-70 players max on a server, we run above that because people want to play and RP together on one server or two ay most.

We have gone trough logs numerous times and can't find any reason for crashes except for Vanilla DayZ issues.

Well I mean just like we add clothes I think it would be great to have different options and more vehicles if you say they handle the same then why not add more variety to the game since it won't change any performance issues.

When ever I last played so about 4-5 days ago, certain cars do work better than other but they tend to all still have a little space program left in them 

I'd love to see some of the older cars bought back as well as newer models bought in but unfortunately the servers stabability destroys all hope and makes it pointless. However, I still voted yes because I'm a car lover and most of all..

AN AVID SUPPORTER OF THE CHERNARUSSIAN SPACE PROGRAMME

Why dont we have the city bus on here i know its in the game files and it would be cool to have someone rp as a bus driver dropping people off at different cities.

I need a waveboard and a segway, @Watchman please add.

I think based on the poll so far we should atleast give it a shot if more people come forward to want this. I think if @Roland made a poll like the 3.6 rule then it would get more attention. I think giving it a shot and testing things wouldn't hurt at all.

I want new vehicles, but I would think that’s a conversation for the Devs and Rolle.

Newp, super unreliable. Played with a vehicle once, never again.

-1 from me.

1 minute ago, CrescentGent said:

Newp, super unreliable. Played with a vehicle once, never again.

-1 from me.

It is to add more variety, having an open outlook on what could come wouldn't hurt I don't think but thanks for your vote.

lets get some boats or maybe a car with the top down because its summer

Im not gonna say no so i vote for it 100% a good idea BUT please make cars not so deadly and buggy. PLEASE.

Dayzrp needs to add more vehicles for both roleplay and admin event purposes. There was no issue incoporating modded vehicles back in the dayzrp mod and there is no issue with doing that now. I dont see any concern about there being an external author of the mods presented here. The dayzrp development team doesnt need to make their own stuff if there is perfectly useable and tested models on the workshop. According to the poll a lot of people agree on this, 90% infact.

If you are worried that since the mods are not in our control, they can be pulled from the workshop or not updated, fear not, the vehicles can always be removed from the modlist if they are not updated.  With experience from the Arma 2 and 3 modding community, i know that if you just ask the authors of the mods for permission to update them, most of them will happily agree. if they are pulled, then we can always replace them or just use vanilla vehicles again.

What i want in this thread is more input from the developers of the dayzrp mod and admins, solid pros and cons for the proposal of adding vehicles like these to the server would be highly appreciated.