Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 16:08
Sign in to follow this  
Skrill

New vehicles

Vote  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

To start, I know there has been a suggestion before on this same topic but I would like to bring it to light once more. With the current Vehicle situation people are suggesting it isn't anything wrong with the vehicles in standalone but more to do with the server slots and amount of players on it and all that. Regardless of the situation or circumstances I think that by experimenting with this idea it would bring more information to the community on whether it is something to keep or to get rid of. There are plenty of vehicles on the workshop that have good ratings and seem to work well on other servers with high population such as this DayZRP. Tell me what you think of this suggestion or anything you would like to add.

There are plenty of issues with the cars that are in vanilla that even during lower pop times on the server the rubber banding in vehicles when attempting to drive fast or slow even can make them unusable.

Example of a vehicle pack (If you played during A2 you'll remember this): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1785698195

Ideas suggested by others:

Edited by YT

Just now, ChrisW said:

Landrover?

Would actually be content with any vehicle being implemented. Anything more than what we already have, if you find any links to any put them in your post and I will make sure to add it to the thread.

most modded servers ive seen use modded vehicles successfully. they dont go into warp, they dont have an internal transporter that makes you swap places with a random stranger

lets be honest the standard ingame vehicles are useless death traps and at this point are either a gamble for those willing or useless.

Having a little more variety never hurts, in my opinion. Though it really depends on whether they can be implemented safely, without the risk of the server dying every time you turn the car too quickly or something.

10 minutes ago, oneill said:

most modded servers ive seen use modded vehicles successfully. they dont go into warp, they dont have an internal transporter that makes you swap places with a random stranger

lets be honest the standard ingame vehicles are useless death traps and at this point are either a gamble for those willing or useless.

The modded vehicles work exactly like the vanilla ones, there's no way they are more stable by themselves, if there's any reason for more stability it's because of server performance.

3 minutes ago, Misho said:

The modded vehicles work exactly like the vanilla ones, there's no way they are more stable by themselves, if there's any reason for more stability it's because of server performance.

Then why is the server not upgraded?

1 hour ago, Misho said:

-User was warned for this post-

Seriously?

What is this?

I'd be leery of adding more vehicles given how unstable existing ones are...

Honestly, while I can appreciate the need for variety, I think we should focus our resources on other things, and we definitely don't need to add more third party mods than necessary.

5 minutes ago, Hofer said:

Seriously?

What is this?

What's what ? Are you asking me why the server is not upgraded ?

How would I know, I'm not the server owner.

Posted (edited)

Ah yes, bring back the landrover so we can

Speed at about 120Km/h down a grassy field playing Barbie Girl an max volume over Directional Chat after a marriage at Altar of some randos I didn't even know

Edited by Wolffe

4 minutes ago, Misho said:

What's what ? Are you asking me why the server is not upgraded ?

How would I know, I'm not the server owner.

I was talking about your comment.

I'm not even interested in new vehicles as they always keep killing me.

5 minutes ago, Peril said:

Honestly, while I can appreciate the need for variety, I think we should focus our resources on other things, and we definitely don't need to add more third party mods than necessary.

could you elaborate more on the note: we should focus our resources on other things? What is currently being worked on? 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Hofer said:

I was talking about your comment.

Whats wrong with my comment?

We really need better vehicles. Modded ones are much more stable for servers with this capacity. The standard DayZ vehicles are too buggy and cause too many issues. Please fix this!

2 minutes ago, iJonezi said:

We really need better vehicles. Modded ones are much more stable for servers with this capacity. The standard DayZ vehicles are too buggy and cause too many issues. Please fix this!

I'm telling you there's no difference, they use the exact same physics, same collision detection and everything else. Either the servers have lower population or better hardware, it's not because of the vehicle itself.

Either way, we don't take external mods and I doubt anyone gonna make on in-house any time soon.

Any complaints or further questions about server, @Roland

11 minutes ago, Shiro said:

could you elaborate more on the note: we should focus our resources on other things? What is currently being worked on? 🙂 

I'd recommend you check out the #sneak-peek channel on Discord to see things coming through the pipeline that the Dev team lets us peek at.

7 minutes ago, Misho said:

I'm telling you there's no difference, they use the exact same physics, same collision detection and everything else. Either the servers have lower population or better hardware, it's not because of the vehicle itself.

Either way, we don't take external mods and I doubt anyone gonna make on in-house any time soon.

Any complaints or further questions about server, @Roland

Well considering what you have said, I think there needs to be a change in the box setup that the servers are on. Upgrade, or whatever needs to be done if the community is told what is necessary and got the chance to vote in some way, I am 100% certain that there are atleast a handful of members in this community that would put $ forward to pay for the upgrades or whatever is required.

Summer Chernarus is pretty external. 

Whats the difference for something that only has pros?

3 minutes ago, tosstheball said:

Summer Chernarus is pretty external. 

Whats the difference for something that only has pros?

The Summer map was voted on months prior to being added and it was help make you feel Summerish, its a small but noticeable change to map. While Yes more Cars would be awesome they still be like any other car in the game. Space program 

6 minutes ago, S.Bradley said:

The Summer map was voted on months prior to being added and it was help make you feel Summerish, its a small but noticeable change to map. While Yes more Cars would be awesome they still be like any other car in the game. Space program 

When was the last time you drove a car? 

In my recent few days of driving on close to full population it was fine, a few hitches but fine.

After the recent stable branch update I believe it was.