Server time (UTC): 2021-03-02, 14:02
Sign in to follow this  
King

Lore wipe and map change?

(Y/N)   

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like to make this post every so often, and now I'm playing more regularly I think it would be nice to gauge peoples opinion. 

Since we've experienced significant expansion recently due to the increased player base, maybe it's time to explore new options regarding a fresh lore? Maybe even a new map? 

Opinions? 

Edited by KingRP

A lore wipe as far as I have noticed never really helps with anything besides making people rebuild characters 

I think it was said that no map at the moment is as detailed as Chernarus so I doubt we would get that. Also, I dont think lore wipe would fix anything. It never did in the first place.

No good map available

No. For all the reasons I have listed at length before. If we do one I won't be returning to staff because I'm just not going to go through that again.

I’d love a wipe and the setting to change but if not change push the lore way into the future like 50 years or so 

I would like a lore wipe, keep the same lore and just restart it. 

With an influx of new players I've noticed quite a few that I've ran into say stuff like "i've been knocked out since this happened 2 years ago" and all sorts. In my opinion I feel like it's time we had a lore wipe and started from day 0 again. That way it makes things easier for newer players as they don't have to make up stories as to what's happened to them over the last 2 years. Not only this but I personally love the range of RP when the lore get's wiped as there are a lot more scared people, nobody has a clue what the infected are or how the infected work. Those are just a tiny amount of examples of why I like it when were nearer day 0.

However when it comes to a change in map, there really isn't any viable options so my vote would be to keep the lore the same, just reset it to day 0 and mess with the dates and keep the same map.

I just want to remind everyone that, a lore wipe always seems like a good refreshing idea and then 2 weeks into the new lore things tend to go back to how they previously were. In fact this exact scenario has happened twice in the past. 

I think everyone just needs to focus on how they affect the lore, and work that way. New players can easily come up with ways to get their characters in Chernarus they just don’t read/can’t find the extra lore info the LMs have in the stories and journals section. 

I’ve supported lore wipes in the past and tried new things post lore wipe, but it always devolves into a pseudo old lore mix.

Something that hasn’t been done since mod is actually just sticking with the lore and pushing it further. Major and I have a lot planned that we’re waiting to release and start releasing over the coming months. I think for once instead of trying to reset the lore we should push through it and develop it. Everything the players do in game and all the events upcoming will have effects on the country and the countries around Chernarus.

idk tho. If you think the solution to “it’s been 2 years and I’m bored time to turn it off and on again” then so be it. I’m just interested in trying to play the lore out, rather than ending it. Plus again, people always like lore wipes until they realize no attitudes really changed, only names. 

Another one of these threads, hm? Well, here we go again: New Lore creates new RP for 2 weeks before things go back to how it was, so no.

1 minute ago, Phatal said:

I just want to remind everyone that, a lore wipe always seems like a good refreshing idea and then 2 weeks into the new lore things tend to go back to how they previously were. In fact this exact scenario has happened twice in the past. 

I think everyone just needs to focus on how they affect the lore, and work that way. New players can easily come up with ways to get their characters in Chernarus they just don’t read/can’t find the extra lore info the LMs have in the stories and journals section. 

I’ve supported lore wipes in the past and tried new things post lore wipe, but it always devolves into a pseudo old lore mix.

Something that hasn’t been done since mod is actually just sticking with the lore and pushing it further. Major and I have a lot planned that we’re waiting to release and start releasing over the coming months. I think for once instead of trying to reset the lore we should push through it and develop it. Everything the players do in game and all the events upcoming will have effects on the country and the countries around Chernarus.

idk tho. If you think the solution to “it’s been 2 years and I’m bored time to turn it off and on again” then so be it. I’m just interested in trying to play the lore out, rather than ending it. Plus again, people always like lore wipes until they realize no attitudes really changed, only names. 

Yeah pushing Rolle to give LMs tools on live servers would be a great start too.

2 weeks into a lore wipe everything is basically the same as it was.

Nah.

14 minutes ago, FalkRP said:

I would like a lore wipe, keep the same lore and just restart it. 

Only for the same characters and groups to return because people can’t let go of fictional characters? No. 

Literally no point, we’ll be right back to where we are now in a matter of weeks, maybe a couple of months.

Maybe if people branched out and tried different kinds of RP instead of the same rinse and repeat stuff, we’d be in a better position.

tl;dr no.

Edited by Mexi

4 minutes ago, Major said:

Yeah pushing Rolle to give LMs tools on live servers would be a great start too.

This is something I'm all for. If this is going to help the LM get more, exciting things done them I'm all for it honestly.

As most people say theres no point

After 2 weeks things are the same

Lore wipe just remove all the rp people have been doing for everything to be the same after 

Lore wipe dosent lead to fresh rp it just allows people to bring back pked characters

So no

I'd rather keep our current lore, jump map (when a suitable one is available), continue lore from there with a moderate time jump and see what we can build.

Gonna have to say a big fat no on this one.

While on the surface I can see where the idea might be beneficial to RP for new players, but its far too much effort for too little pay off.
I might support it if we got a fresh start on a new map, but like Roland said, thats pretty much not possible. There's so much lore that has
gone into this version and I don't think that we've fully realized everything that can come from it.
I think its definitely worth it to leave it for now, let the LM's do their thing to make stuff interesting rather than starting from the beginning. ?

Edit: What would seriously be amazing is if we had server 1 on south zagoria Oblast and server 2 on a Central Kopec Oblast. That way they could be separate entities entirely with separate groups and communities but still connected by lore. It could even be possible for players to actually go "out west" when they go to places like Miroslavl.

Edited by Lindse

A lot of people saying it’s going to be the exact same as last time we wiped. That was back in .61 or .62 where the lore team had to solely rely on players and themselves to run things. 

Although I don’t think it’d be a decent time to wipe now, I don’t think it’s fair to say “it’s gonna be the same shit as last time” considering how far the game, modding tools and this community has come.

1 minute ago, APositiveElmo said:

I'd rather keep our current lore, jump map (when a suitable one is available), continue lore from there with a moderate time jump and see what we can build.

or this ^^^

Change of scenery would be fuckin' beautiful at this point. An actual feeling of progression.

Is it the time of the year again in which people claim everything will be better in the servers if there was only a lore wipe?

4 minutes ago, Saunders said:

This is something I'm all for. If this is going to help the LM get more, exciting things done them I'm all for it honestly.

Start pinging Rolle.

I dont get how new players aren't able to come up with an excuse what they did for the past 2 years in game. Like seriously, the area of the map we are using isn't even the whole Chernarus. It's Sotuh Zagoria region for Christ sake. You have the ENTIRE country to determine what your character did before. I think you can even say something to the effect that you came from the outside, you were traveling a lot etc. etc. 

Seriously its not that hard to come up with a simple yet genuine reason what your character was up to those past 2 years. Come on.

2 minutes ago, groovy stannis said:

A lot of people saying it’s going to be the exact same as last time we wiped. That was back in .61 or .62 where the lore team had to solely rely on players and themselves to run things. 

Although I don’t think it’d be a decent time to wipe now, I don’t think it’s fair to say “it’s gonna be the same shit as last time” considering how far the game, modding tools and this community has come.

Except you yourself repeat the same infamous cycle. There are always people who say "It's going to be different now because of X, Y and Z reason". It's curious how it's always "different this time" yet every lore wipe we had ended the same way with things going back to the old ways in less than a month.

Its a no from me. There are no good maps available atm + wiping lore alone will make no diference.  

5 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

What we should do is add one of the other maps that exist within the universe and have the same Lore on there but also connected to Chernarus. Namalsk and it's connection to our infection for example.

8 minutes ago, Phatal said:

While I fully agree with you, the only aspect I am torn about is that the game mechanics can bring you so far. I feel we are stuck in a loop and doing things over and over again. 

1 minute ago, Major said:

What we should do is add one of the other maps that exist within the universe and have the same Lore on there but also connected to Chernarus. Namalsk and it's connection to our infection for example.

That would be a temperary solution, will ingame progression of the character be persistent? For example if I have my gear on s1 and move to the Namalsk map, do I have the same gear?