Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 16:58 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter

Forced First Person Combat

Forced FPP Mod  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A mod has come out for DayZ that forced you when holding a melee weapon, handgun, rifle, etc. in your hand that makes your camera automatically switch to first person, but when not doing so, allows you to be in 3rd person. So this wouldn't be a rule added saying firefights have to be in first person, since the mod would manage and force it upon you anyways.

Should this be added to the server? Why or why not?

Personally I think it would be pretty nice and could "fix" people 3rd person peaking around corners in firefights and those 3rd person spray downs that occur with them BUT I do know that some just enjoy and are used to shooting in 3rd person. People could just not hold a weapon out and 3rd person peak, then pull their weapon out when they are ready to shoot, but I'm just curious I guess on the communities thoughts on this. If this was added, would you be upset? Why or why not? You get the point.

No thanks, ain't into being forced into a playstyle.

I voted no because I simply do not want it. 

I have no reason other than it being a hassle and nuisance  to deal with. 

that is all.

Posted (edited)

I honestly dislike 1st person POV.

Not because of firefights or stuff like that, I barely get involved in such situations, but I do enjoy seeing what my character does. I mean, it's a roleplay server, so actually I think it's not necessary to force people into a POV. I would really dislike it to move in 1st person whenever I have any sort of weapon in my hand, which is actually most of the time during traveling for safety reasons.

So it's a clear no from me, I prefer to decide in which POV I wanna play in every situation :3

Edited by Revie

me personally i come from a first person server i believe theres just too much abuse in 3rd person pvp and people take advantage of it but this is just my opinion thats all 

I get your point because it is pretty unrealistic to be able to see around walls and object due to third person but I wouldn't play anymore because I prefer to have the ability to 3rd person view because even with first person your POV range is not 180 still.

Posted (edited)

No thanks.  More mods = more things that can potentially fail. 

This isn't just a "pvp" thing, it would apply to any and all "combat" including against infected and wolves (and anything else that might be put into the game), and those don't exactly function perfectly, so why make it harder to see shit that is already buggy.

Pretty sure Rolle implemented a first-person perspective server a while back and it isn't here anymore so that should tell you something.

Edited by Dustup

I'm good first person is not what I wish to play on.

No

First person is bad

I wanna play to have fun

Not to be forced to a play style i dont like

That would mean that I can't 3rd person when running with a weapon or just holding a weapon at all? I wouldn't like to be restricted like that. Also, the more mods with have the more potential there is for something to break with how buggy Dayz is. The thing is, we had 1st person servers back in the day and people didn't like them, sometimes it's nice to be able to see your character rather than being in 1st all the time and it's nice to have the option. I do however see your point as it's unrealistic to be able to see around walls etc but ultimately it's a big no from me.

Tried before, suggested many times, no.