Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 09:17 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Axel Volaris

Warring Season & Building Season

Posted (edited)

Okay, bare with me on this, I feel as tho this community is very split between people who want Peaceful and Developmental RP (Community building etc) and people who want Hostile warlike RP, what I'm about to suggest may be an unpopular opinion however i feel like it could make a way to create stability and balance between the thrill seekers and the comfort gamers.

Imagine a grace period where groups are allowed to build and stabilize and grow without incident, develop in depth character stories as well as meaningful relationships, make families or even uneasy bonds. Then Imagine after all of this were built and your character has well verse themselves into the land and people in the land, we find ourselves in a era of strife and war. an era where the uneasy alliance between the faction your with and a neighboring one breaks, resulting in skirmishes in the land, at home, and in your neighbors home. This would be an era that would eventually end leading to another growing period, with new faces and some old.

Your character survived the war, but they're not the same, the things they seen the terrors they have witnessed engraved and etched into their mind can never leave them, making them a husk of the generous man or woman they were before, they dont trust they are easy to anger etc. Maybe your character felt as if Justice was served, they were once scared of conflict where as now they look to end it when it starts to grow, they have become a Peace seeker!

Your character died, leaving a son or daughter behind, who you now control some time has passed and that new character wants to see their father/mothers vision come true, or maybe they wanna make sure the evil their parents caused never comes to pass again.

The Concept of this idea is simple, players will be given a "War-free" grace period, where people cannot attack settlements, at least not in mass, this give the players an opportunity to grow a suitable force and community. after this Grace period the groups will enter a "Warring Season" during this time two or more group to an endless number of them will be in open conflict with one another, the community of Dayzrp will agree on a "Warring time" during server hours where players from opposing factions could freely attack and kill each other, granted the NVFL rule will still be in effect where if you are losing a skirmish you MUST surrender or be killed to the last. if your character dies or is captured during this warring time, they are either PK'd or no longer active in the war "POW." this season will last untill either faction's players will be exhausted or they surrender. and the losing faction must disband.

I truely feel as though this idea will give players an oppertunity to get the best of both worlds in terms of RP.

P.S. add to this or subject your own ideas I wanna see how this is recieved by the community

~Alex Davis

Edited by Axel Volaris

No we don't need a grace period 

This is a Roleplay server that is to be as realistic as possible (in the use of rules) and as dynamic as possible. You want to build and not be attacked? Don't make enemies or better yet make alliances with other groups to help protect whilst building happens.

I've seen/heard many moaning about how they have recently been the victims of multiple PVP sessions with other groups when the truth is the things that they have done ICly have lead to these moments. Plan what you say, control the group members and start communication with other groups to form alliances and trade routes via IC means

Thats a no from me dawg. I personally don’t think the community should implement more things that limit what you’re allowed to do. In character, it wouldn’t make sense really, not being allowed to attack your enemies due to OOC limits. 

I get people like building and setting up bases, but I don’t think that should be their main focus. You don’t really need a base to RP. And at the end of the day, if you set up a base somewhere, it’s kind of inviting people to attack or raid.

I get that its a roleplay server and its meant to be realistic, but its also meant to be fun, and I can tell you not everyone enjoys constant Hostile RP, most people look for an RP server cause they wanna get away from the constant PVP.. and I know yes people are interacting first but its all means to an end where they get some PVP... frankly there are many servers out there that offer just that without a whitelist selection process. dont just shoot me down present alternatives because enough people feel this way too. and it could be an opportunity to improve.

No.

the last thing we need is more dumb OOC rules that keep people from acting normally. 

“Why don’t we go attack those guys”

”Ah we cant, we attacked them 4 days ago” 

“Ah your right, lets just let them continue to trash talk us IG and on the radio”

A big fat no.

Posted (edited)

Nah, the reason DayZRP is such a great roleplaying experience is due to the fact that everything is organic and player-driven. If you start to implement features that limmit what one person can do, such as not being able to attack certain people, it'll take away from the immersion. I also fear that people will use this 'grace' period to their advantage, knowing that people are not allowed to attack them and using that to their advantage. The last thing we need is another OOC rule that is open to abuse.

Edited by Banshee

Negative Ghost Rider.

I am not looking for more OOC restrictions on what kind of roleplay I am allowed to perform or participate in.

Nah it's fine as we have it right now.

Im not a big fan of PVP but I know if I get in it 9/10 its because I was being a dick ingame, or IC radio. So Im gonna hit this big O'L No 

we have plenty of OOC restrictions as it is 

YIN AND YANG dude, YIN AND YANG. There's dualism between the hostile rp and the peaceful moments, one without the other would just be boring and it ruins all realism as people have stated, restrictions just don't make any sense and they ruin RP. Also, bear in mind that you're playing in a post-apocalyptic universe where people don't survive by baking cookies together and having bible-study nights.

Negative. In an apocalypse, supplies are scarce and surviving day to day can be a massive challenge. If I'm low on supplies, or I see stuff you have I wouldn't wait for you to finish erecting your walls to make me taking your stuff more difficult, I'm robbing your ass then and there so I could live to see another day.

HostileRP/PvP is basic nature in every DayZ roleplaying community. Either find a method to combat these hostiles, or get better at building faster or in more hidden areas. Not every base needs to be a castle in Elektro, or something.

Look I won’t be nasty, but imagine this in real life nobody is going to stand there and smile at you while you build and make a whole nice home and set up your defenses to attack. They will see you trying to establish yourself and find a way to insert themselves into your life because every human being subconsciously wants and they will always want to be involved weather it means taking over something, attacking someone to get everything, or steal from them that how an ungoverned society works survival of the fittest. If you aren’t fit enough to defend work harder to fight back the next time until you gain that respect you want you want connections with people show your power and influence over the land around you that’s how you get attention and respect and build community and make relationships. You need to show your value in life to get anything unhostile your value determines the worth you are in this crazy society if you can’t find value in yourself how can others?

What RP ? Due to the non stop wars i had to move around for almost a month now to find people in a location if I'm lucky they stay for 2 days 

16 minutes ago, ALTu said:

What RP ? Due to the non stop wars i had to move around for almost a month now to find people in a location if I'm lucky they stay for 2 days 

That's still RP. Role-play isn't only about sitting around a campfire trading an M4 for an FAL, it's also about hostilities and hardships (welcome to the apocalypse).

5 minutes ago, Mak said:

That's still RP. Role-play isn't only about sitting around a campfire trading an M4 for an FAL, it's also about hostilities and hardships (welcome to the apocalypse).

I know there is PVP about it but how when i can't find anyone .. even no one to kill me after initiating .. got robbed twice at gun point and that's it

to be honest, it could very well be about trading, it could also be about trying to rebuild society, it could even be about creating bonds with people. I wasnt suggesting cutting out Hostile RP out all together, all I was suggesting was an oppertunity for characters to build powerful bonds with people. Durring the hostile moments those bonds could be shattered ultimately altering your characters dynamic. yes I understand this is a roleplay and its ment to be realistic, but its also ment to be a story for each of us where we are our own protagonists in our own eyes and views, and were all evolving our own character arks and stories. we initially created a backstory for our characters and our groups when we signed up for this server, imagine if our backstory evolved to the point that everything you put in the description Actually happened in the world you created your character in with other characters. 

The possibilities are endless, this is where we need to cut away from the fabric of whats realistic and create truly epic tales of how our characters evolved.

"My name is Keagan, the reason why I came to South Zegoria now seems so far away its but a glimmer of a memory, since the outbreak I have tried to build connections believing the good in people, believing everyone had a conscious, I have quickly discovered... I was wrong. I seen friends fall, I have seen allies turn to enemies... Lovers betray each other. and even Old enemies raise up arms to defeat a greater foe... I went from a retired cop, to a ruthless bandit... do i regreat what i have done? I dont know... its been a long 2 years... hell feels like it has frozen over... I dont even remember my life before this hell.."

All of someone details of who they are and who they will become can be effected by the world. but with the constant war. its hard if not impossible to build any type of arking stories... My intention of starting this post wasnt to create conflict but to come together as a community to discover how we can make our characters stories EPIC without nessessarily being good at PVP

(apologies for typos, will fix after I eat)

37 minutes ago, ALTu said:

I know there is PVP about it but how when i can't find anyone .. even no one to kill me after initiating .. got robbed twice at gun point and that's it

Honestly Roaming Solo In a Apocalypse, Wouldn't be a Big brain move. Either team up some people, or have shit people don't want when I go solo get a Kar98 or a shotgun, most people wont bother u. 

8 minutes ago, S.Bradley said:

Honestly Roaming Solo In a Apocalypse, Wouldn't be a Big brain move. Either team up some people, or have shit people don't want when I go solo get a Kar98 or a shotgun, most people wont bother u. 

What's the point of RP server then?

I think we already have plenty of rules which prevent people from being harassed constantly. If you want to feel safe the best option in my opinion is to just get numbers. Build up something that people want to defend with their life and you should be fine. We have done it before! 🙂