Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 18:40
Sign in to follow this  
Skrill

Why is everyone going to server 2?

2 minutes ago, gabemg421 said:

its where chip is and theres less dog brain pvpers

I mean not sure where the "dog brain pvpers" I happened to experience some great RP everyday on S1 and we travel abroad quite often. If you wish to avoid hostile RP I think that people should probably rethink how they speak to others in character no matter their own story because saying one thing can kick off a fight. That is where things go hostile is because the gamers get big and start chatting shit and it leads to a mess.

Really don't see a problem with switching if they want to follow they can so 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Hunter said:

-snip-

Why is this a surprise? This is nothing new. Hostile "RP" groups have always targetted those that can't PvP well or were considered "peaceful". They move to the edge of the map, or in this case, to a different server entirely to get away from being initiated on constantly. People need to realize though that there is a rule to prevent this sort of behavior and lucky for them Roland will swing that banhammer around and use it on people who were never even involved. I can attest to this, I played in a group that had initiated on another group a handful of times, despite me never being involved or even online when the attacks happened I got PKed anyway, other people on the roster that hadn't even logged on for several months or played those characters got PKed as well. LOL. 

Let them switch. I should be able to choose which server to play on in order to avoid certain people if I wish. Some people are just shit at role-play and I don't want to be involved with them. 

Edited by Zero

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ke Ke said:

That still doesn't answer why it's OK to follow groups to be hostile towards them but it's not OK to run from hostile RP that someone feels is harassing and interrupting RP.

If it's not a rule break but it's ruining someone's RP, why should they deal with it? RP is supposed to be enjoyable both ways. Would you get IG day after day if you weren't enjoying it? Because I've been around long enough to see the server practically dead because of things like this. 

You're pretty close to harassment (agressive pressure/intimidation) with that idea. Person A following Person B wherever they go to ensure they "can't avoid'" something is pretty aggressive pressure. Hostile RP will always be a part of DayZRP, but you hit the nail on the head - people are doing it only to ensure the people they want to be hostile towards can't avoid it. Instead of making another story line or furthering RP someplace else and branching out, people are following others for the sole purpose of ensuring they can't run from hostilities.

Thanks though.

Ah well mate, me and my boys are firmly on S1 with the "dog brain pvpers" as that's where most of the people relevant to our storyline are, or at least were as we've seen more and more jump ship but I ain't about to be sheep and make my lads move base, move gear etc. With the CTF jumping thats the first group leaving that has major ramifications on our story and I suppose we can live with that, it's unfortunate but whatever.

Edited by ChrisW

2 minutes ago, YT said:

I mean not sure where the "dog brain pvpers" I happened to experience some great RP everyday on S1 and we travel abroad quite often. If you wish to avoid hostile RP I think that people should probably rethink how they speak to others in character no matter their own story because saying one thing can kick off a fight. That is where things go hostile is because the gamers get big and start chatting shit and it leads to a mess.

understood, but if they are looking for pvp and wanting it badly because they want attention there going to get it one way or another

9 minutes ago, YT said:

Theres just less of the people who only bait and pvp sure they can follow us but for probbly a day or 2 there will be less. plus theres less ""sensitive people" who get offended when someone ses hi

2 minutes ago, Ke Ke said:

That still doesn't answer why it's OK to follow groups to be hostile towards them but it's not OK to run from hostile RP that someone feels is harassing and interrupting RP.

If it's not a rule break but it's ruining someone's RP, why should they deal with it? RP is supposed to be enjoyable both ways. Would you get IG day after day if you weren't enjoying it? Because I've been around long enough to see the server practically dead because of things like this. 

You're pretty close to harassment (agressive pressure/intimidation) with that idea. Person A following Person B wherever they go to ensure they "can't avoid'" something is pretty aggressive pressure. Hostile RP will always be a part of DayZRP, but you hit the nail on the head - people are doing it only to ensure the people they want to be hostile towards can't avoid it. Instead of making another story line or furthering RP someplace else and branching out, people are following others for the sole purpose of ensuring they can't run from hostilities.

Thanks though.

Well for starters it's RP, personally I think racism ruins RP for me because its 2019 and it should be put in the past but it isn't a rule break. After all you have the control to make every situation have a different outcome. You seem to be thinking like some others on this thread that this is directed towards a single group or something which is a joke, I have had plenty of days where I get off after being robbed or raided and yeah I am annoyed but I realize it is a game and it is a part of DayZRP. It's sad because it literally ruins RP for groups when someone just ups and leaves to server 2 then wants to clarify a BS reason to cover up the fact that they didn't want to engage in RP with that group. Everyone RP's differently and it doesn't really matter who likes it or who doesn't IMO.

Not sure where you are getting the "pretty close to harassment" idea because that isn't really needed on the thread to be pointing fingers that way, like I said just above, it's the way some groups or people RP and you have to get used to it because there will be hostile groups/people in real-life as well. 

well if one describes it that way then the one that is following could be possible meta gaming and  thus breaking the gaming rules of RP and how would the character know they changed over if it wasn't meta gaming. Unless it was told to them in character. Harassment i'm sure is never accepted on the server and if it is just to interrupt RP i'm sure it will be dealt with when reported by the parties involved. but other wise this is a great subject to be discussing because it could be a concern if it got out of hand.

1 minute ago, sabbie said:

well if one describes it that way then the one that is following could be possible meta gaming and  thus breaking the gaming rules of RP and how would the character know they changed over if it wasn't meta gaming. Unless it was told to them in character. Harassment i'm sure is never accepted on the server and if it is just to interrupt RP i'm sure it will be dealt with when reported by the parties involved. but other wise this is a great subject to be discussing because it could be a concern if it got out of hand.

Well I highly doubt it is some sort of OOC thing or anything to interrupt RP, for example there are a few select groups that are just hostile group and you can get a clear understanding by reading the lore or their goals. If there is an IC issue between two characters then obviously one is going to pursue the other character. It is all IC stuff and not really close to harassment, I would say that may be true in some cases but very rare I would say.

2 minutes ago, YT said:

Well for starters it's RP, personally I think racism ruins RP for me because its 2019 and it should be put in the past but it isn't a rule break. After all you have the control to make every situation have a different outcome. You seem to be thinking like some others on this thread that this is directed towards a single group or something which is a joke, I have had plenty of days where I get off after being robbed or raided and yeah I am annoyed but I realize it is a game and it is a part of DayZRP. It's sad because it literally ruins RP for groups when someone just ups and leaves to server 2 then wants to clarify a BS reason to cover up the fact that they didn't want to engage in RP with that group. Everyone RP's differently and it doesn't really matter who likes it or who doesn't IMO.

Not sure where you are getting the "pretty close to harassment" idea because that isn't really needed on the thread to be pointing fingers that way, like I said just above, it's the way some groups or people RP and you have to get used to it because there will be hostile groups/people in real-life as well. 

Let's agree to disagree, because I don't believe have the control to make every situation a different outcome. It's difficult to RP your character and their story with someone else who's ultimatum is "bow down or die".

I don't believe this thread is directed towards anyone in particular. I get you don't care who likes what RP and who doesn't, but the ultimate goal of this community is helping maintain an environment of high-level RP in a setting away from immature individuals that destroy the experience. 

The harassment reference isn't pointing fingers at anyone (unless the shoe fits for someone), but it should be known that if you are constantly engaging in hostile RP with someone or a group just to show they can't avoid it, you're going to get hit with a nice 2.3 ban for constantly engaging in hostilities. I'm sure those experiencing it are keeping a log of everytime it happens and are just biding their time until they have sufficient eviednce to file a report.

im not going to say any more bbecause i am not pert of the situation but i kinda like that more people are on s2 beside leads to great RP hostile or not. Its all fun and games.

2 minutes ago, Ke Ke said:

Let's agree to disagree, because I don't believe have the control to make every situation a different outcome. It's difficult to RP your character and their story with someone else who's ultimatum is "bow down or die".

I don't believe this thread is directed towards anyone in particular. I get you don't care who likes what RP and who doesn't, but the ultimate goal of this community is helping maintain an environment of high-level RP in a setting away from immature individuals that destroy the experience. 

The harassment reference isn't pointing fingers at anyone (unless the shoe fits for someone), but it should be known that if you are constantly engaging in hostile RP with someone or a group just to show they can't avoid it, you're going to get hit with a nice 2.3 ban for constantly engaging in hostilities. I'm sure those experiencing it are keeping a log of everytime it happens and are just biding their time until they have sufficient eviednce to file a report.

I mean that's up to them, I am personally not worried. Only 2 hostile experiences ever with this group. Not forcibly either, for example with the CTF situation we came in acting mad because we were lied to multiple times after an agreement but while there my character was continuously called a "faggot" by a CTF member and that is one of the reason why it popped off because like I said before people like to talk big and then when they get initiated on for cursing at someone or acting big they get mad because they think they're always getting initiated on.

Groups that are pushovers won't last extremely long, it should be obvious if you think of it as a real post-apocalypse the big dogs are going to push the little dogs out the way. It's eat or be eaten. Just like it would be in the real world, that's where I stand and my understanding at this point.

5 minutes ago, sabbie said:

im not going to say any more bbecause i am not pert of the situation but i kinda like that more people are on s2 beside leads to great RP hostile or not. Its all fun and games.

Yeah that's the way to look at it, this thread isn't really me complaining about it, just wanted to know peoples reasoning behind the switch. Thanks for your feedback!

3 minutes ago, Ke Ke said:

i agree with you KEKE it does get irritating when you are trying Rp and you have individuals that have nothing to do with the situation keep interrupting the RP. In turn would be bad RP. but i'm not sure exactly why the group decision was made. but i think it may have just to spread the servers out but i really don't know. i agree with the logging many are very good actors and keep logs and vods for evidence.

When I joined not so long ago, S1 was the main server and ALWAYS full. S2 was the overspill and people used it for looting. This was literally just two weeks ago.

I was finding (without any ooc knowledge or metagaming as I was new)  that if I was going to get robbed etc it would be on S1 as that was much more hostile. There was a couple of hardcore RP groups on S2 as it was quiet so they could Rp without the hassle. I started playing S2 more because of this.

I may /may not be alone here but there seems to be a huge spike in PVP groups. Groups that shouldn’t really be pvp based on their own lore and now starting fights and kitted out in full military gear.

Some of the S1 groups that got tangled up in this are fed up of it so have moved to S2 at the last wipe and understandably so. But when the prey moves, so does the hunters and now S2 was full at 7:30 am UK time and S1 at 1/3.

Seems to me that if the PVP groups just chilled a bit and stopped masquerading PVP wars as loose RP then it would all settle down.

i stay on s1

Bit of an oddity if you ask me, kinda removes a large amount of possible RP interractions.

But what do I know, I don't play.

1 hour ago, Cow said:

Bit of an oddity if you ask me, kinda removes a large amount of possible RP interractions.

But what do I know, I don't play.

Doesn't really impact the amount of roleplay interactions since both servers are almost always equally full.

2 hours ago, OldSchool said:

Doesn't really impact the amount of roleplay interactions since both servers are almost always equally full.

It really does, I don't think the fact that the server is full or not really is what he means, more about the actual groups or people that move to the other server for the specified reasons above.

11 minutes ago, YT said:

It really does, I don't think the fact that the server is full or not really is what he means, more about the actual groups or people that move to the other server for the specified reasons above.

So what's to problem with that if they want to switch they switch and if your group/you want to Rp  with them you can switch to doesn't have to be permanently 

1 minute ago, MrSalty said:

So what's to problem with that if they want to switch they switch and if your group/you want to Rp  with them you can switch to doesn't have to be permanently 

Never really said it was a big problem, thread was to simply find out everyone's reasoning. It can be quite annoying if you build up a base and everything and then people just move servers, that's where the annoyance is for me.

I get less lag spike there where everyone’s mouths are moving but no voice but then it’s a clusterfuck of “Kakdik jzkakqkwz kakeskxo” on full speed. S2 has way less of it. Whilst it’s still frustrating.

3 minutes ago, YT said:

Never really said it was a big problem, thread was to simply find out everyone's reasoning. It can be quite annoying if you build up a base and everything and then people just move servers, that's where the annoyance is for me.

They will be back.  So this is your chance to build the the taj mahal, so this way when they do come back, they will be in awe and the wonder you have created!

Posted (edited)

Personally i moved to S2 to avoid the RP i was getting on S1. If S2 turns into what S1 is then it's just time to move back to S1. It's a new circle that we'll have to follow for the time being 

I hope that isn't avoiding RP though

Edited by NozzyRP

4 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

I get less lag spike there where everyone’s mouths are moving but no voice but then it’s a clusterfuck of “Kakdik jzkakqkwz kakeskxo” on full speed. S2 has way less of it. Whilst it’s still frustrating.

Yeah I can understand that, just waiting for the day everyone comes back to S1.

3 minutes ago, LagIsMyExcuse said:

They will be back.  So this is your chance to build the the taj mahal, so this way when they do come back, they will be in awe and the wonder you have created!

Lol I will make sure to do what I can!

My POV. For me its because im coming back to DayZRP, played mostly on mod version. So many changes within standalone in meantime happened that i decided to hop on lower populated server to get the basics in hands. (unfortunately i don´t have time to practice on standalone official servers and dont want to miss any possible good RP,  dont punch me for that haha).

The migration between servers was here from the beginning when more than one server poped up. Streamers (oh and trust me, the que in 2012-2013 and later when streamers hoped into DayzRP was like hell) , to many hostille groups, those are just spikes that are repeating and there are many reasons for that. 

New alliances will be made. New friends, new groups or they will reform a bit and it will settle down...again.