Server time (UTC): 2019-11-16, 22:40
Sign in to follow this  
Skrill

Why is everyone going to server 2?

2 minutes ago, cheeks said:

So you're telling me that you're mad that people who you RP with, switched from the server from where your base is, to the other server where your base doesn't exist? Okay well, a base is cool, for a bit. But it wears of, why not go along and change server? I mean it's not that big of a deal... Right? I liked playing on S2 because I had less shitty encounters and less places where there was 30 people in one spot and where RP was minimal. Maybe it's just me but I tend to never go to hotspots because the RP there is aids, in my perspective at least.

I haven't said anything about me being mad with anybody, and I haven't said I am not open to changing servers, in fact I have said I would give it a try if it maintained.

18 minutes ago, Phoenyxx said:

I can tell you right now, after moving 6 times in the last month, moving across the map DOES not work. 😶

I can tell you it does! 😛

I know the pain you are going through. Its not a long term fix, but the further you move from the regular areas the more inconvenient it is for the people chasing you. 😛

Just now, Rover said:

I can tell you it does! 😛

I know the pain you are going through. Its not a long term fix, but the further you move from the regular areas the more inconvenient it is for the people chasing you. 😛

Problem is she is a streamer in a group of streamers.  They will always find her and follow almost immediately.

I mean, I ain't assuming but... The Wolfpack and The Watch moved to S2 and now its full. 🤷

To avoid those dirty PvPers.

For real though, bc server 1 is always full kek.

Posted (edited)

well i highly doubt it is to avoid any Rp hostilities. I dont know the reason but to tell you the truth the RP that i have had has been on s2 i just ended up running the map on s1. it could be for different reasons and i wouldn't want to concerned myself with it ,if it doesnt effect my story. Happy Gaming. sabbie

Edited by sabbie

I prefer S2 mainly because the RP I have encountered on S1 has been sooooooo much worse than that encountered on S2.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, Conor said:

I prefer S2 mainly because the RP I have encountered on S1 has been sooooooo much worse than that encountered on S2.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then I will need to check this out in the next few days

Posted (edited)

Simple Answer:

S2, wasn't popular. Toy-makers went there (as it was lower populated server and they preferred less population for internal RP). They were actually safe because no one streams and it was peaceful / quiet /and occasionally raided.

2 Weeks later,  Wolfpack and The Watch switch to server 2, (Which happens to have streamers)

(Server magically populates) - Kappa

Edited by Joah

Funny how people think that a large chunk of the population from this community moving to s2 (hence bringing their storyline to s2) wouldn't bring other people to that server. 🤔

I think it's mostly that, members that are heavily involved with a lot of other people just moved, so other people moved with em.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Oiram said:

Funny how people think that a large chunk of the population from this community moving to s2 (hence bringing their storyline to s2) wouldn't bring other people to that server. 🤔

I think it's mostly that, members that are heavily involved with a lot of other people just moved, so other people moved with em.

Coincidentally happened the day of streamers transferring over XD

to each their own.

Edited by Joah

Just now, Joah said:

Coincidentally happened the day of streamers transferring over XD

Seems like population attracts population, agreed.

8 minutes ago, Joah said:

Simple Answer:

S2, wasn't popular. Toy-makers went there (as it was lower populated server and they preferred less population for internal RP). They were actually safe because no one streams and it was peaceful / quiet /and occasionally raided.

2 Weeks later,  Wolfpack and The Watch switch to server 2, (Which happens to have streamers)

(Server magically populates) - Kappa

I think this might be what has happened lol, they can run but people are just going to follow and it will always be the same. Seen some things on another thread where there is an active argument going on concerning someone not allowing the other group to complete there goals. To me it just seems pointless to try moving because like I already said everybody will follow.

Funny how certain scripts are implemented to encourage people to try and play on S2 but when it actually happens, everyone comes up with theories that it's because people are running away from hostile actions. Just saying. 🙂

Just now, Tewudin said:

Funny how certain scripts are implemented to encourage people to try and play on S2 but when it actually happens, everyone comes up with theories that it's because people are running away from hostile actions. Just saying. 🙂

I mean lets be realistic, The liquidators stood up to the CTF after beating around the bush after multiple warnings and they then got raided by some russians later that day and from there they decided to pickup all there stuff and run to another server. With substantial evidence I think it provides a valid reason for people to believe. The Wolf Pack have been getting attacked and so they moved in what everybody believes to be running from the groups that are attacking them that usually play on S1, clearly it still hasn't worked for them because you can't run from everybody.

2 minutes ago, YT said:

I mean lets be realistic, The liquidators stood up to the CTF after beating around the bush after multiple warnings and they then got raided by some russians later that day and from there they decided to pickup all there stuff and run to another server. With substantial evidence I think it provides a valid reason for people to believe. The Wolf Pack have been getting attacked and so they moved in what everybody believes to be running from the groups that are attacking them that usually play on S1, clearly it still hasn't worked for them because you can't run from everybody.

True but I mean, I'm reading this thread and I get a feeling people that people are making assumptions it's the ONLY reason why Server 2 is becoming so popular. Granted some people/groups decided to switch to run away from RP they didn't like OOCly but its not the case with everybody. I've talked with someone a few weeks back who told me that he is thinking about switching to S2 with his group because 1) Not many groups did so he would like to be one of the first and 2) He wanted to build a base but all the spots he like are/were taken so he figured he might have better chances of finding a free space on S2. One other friend I think switched with a couple more because they kept waiting in queue while others were RPing so they switched to S2 entirely. I mean, that's why queue cap was implemented in the first place. For that reason alone.

Posted (edited)

The real problem is the mindset of those who are giving, for lack of better terms, less than favorable hostile RP.

9 hours ago, AndreyQ said:

People moved to S2 to avoid hostilities. So I moved to S2 to do hostilities.

9 hours ago, Aisling said:

Yea switching servers wont change anything

Not that I am calling out either of the quoted individuals for giving poor hostile RP, but that kind of attitude is what fuels people to leave - a relentless drive to just be hostile. I see those who switched to S2 for "better RP" being called out, but I don't see Andrey, or anyone else, being called out for switching to go be hostile when there are already people on S1 they could stay and be hostile towards. In fact, he has a ton of beanz for that post. So it's not OK for someone to switch away from hostilities, but it is OK to switch to do hostilities?

Edited by Ke Ke

25 minutes ago, Ke Ke said:

The real problem is the mindset of those who are giving, for lack of better terms, less than favorable hostile RP.

Not that I am calling out either of the quoted individuals for giving poor hostile RP, but that kind of attitude is what fuels people to leave - a relentless drive to just be hostile. I see those who switched to S2 for "better RP" being called out, but I don't see Andrey, or anyone else, being called out for switching to go be hostile when there are already people on S1 they could stay and be hostile towards. In fact, he has a ton of beanz for that post. So it's not OK for someone to switch away from hostilities, but it is OK to switch to do hostilities?

I just think that if its such a big deal then why don't the groups report it, and if its not a rule break then I don't see why they don't just deal with it anyways.

1 hour ago, Ke Ke said:

I'd say it's because the ones leaving are doing so to avoid where as the hostile ones following are doing it to ensure these people cant avoid it as it's apart of DayZRP. Simple as that, thats why its ok for one group but not for the other.

To get away form the illness on server 1 and RP the way it should be.

Posted (edited)

its a better experience with RP, Plus its where Chip is 

Edited by Drillex
not good english

Just now, ChrisW said:

I'd say it's because the ones leaving are doing so to avoid where as the hostile ones following are doing it to ensure these people cant avoid it as it's apart of DayZRP. Simple as that, thats why its ok for one group but not for the other.

Don't think you could have said it any better, my point exactly.

1 minute ago, YAKMOUTH said:

To get away form the illness on server 1 and RP the way it should be.

The way what should be? lol

I DON'T want a gun jammed down my throat ever time i say hi to someone. Or if i "looked at them the wrong way". it is a illness that needs to die.

12 minutes ago, YT said:

I just think that if its such a big deal then why don't the groups report it, and if its not a rule break then I don't see why they don't just deal with it anyways.

That still doesn't answer why it's OK to follow groups to be hostile towards them but it's not OK to run from hostile RP that someone feels is harassing and interrupting RP.

If it's not a rule break but it's ruining someone's RP, why should they deal with it? RP is supposed to be enjoyable both ways. Would you get IG day after day if you weren't enjoying it? Because I've been around long enough to see the server practically dead because of things like this. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

You're pretty close to harassment (agressive pressure/intimidation) with that idea. Person A following Person B wherever they go to ensure they "can't avoid'" something is pretty aggressive pressure. Hostile RP will always be a part of DayZRP, but you hit the nail on the head - people are doing it only to ensure the people they want to be hostile towards can't avoid it. Instead of making another story line or furthering RP someplace else and branching out, people are following others for the sole purpose of ensuring they can't run from hostilities.

Thanks though.