Server time (UTC): 2019-07-21, 13:48
Sign in to follow this  
Worldclass

Bringing back the original build anywhere mod

Posted (edited)

Hey I would just like to ask anyone do you guys think it was a good idea to modify the mod to where it is know?and why? In my opinion it has its advantages and dis advantages I know some people didnt like the whole base building thing and want it to be were people roam more and less building and i can respect that..my whole thing is I enjoyed making bases for the group im with because we used to more then to just store items the bases had a rp purpose for us as Well for example we had a base in tisy and we used it as are research area to do what we needed in a rp purpose.in my opinion i think they should bring it back to how it use to be but make it harder to make the base and easier to destroy them how do you guys feel this is just my opinion so please dont take it to heart thanks

Edited by Worldclass

It takes 15m to break a single section of a wall from the outside.

It takes 2m to build up a section.

Tools are now ruined when used to destroy from the outside after first use.

I think we have a good balance here, considering ladders have been removed as well.

As for build-anywhere, it was a nice addition but it caused more problems than it solved, people abused it and we ended up having a performance problem because of it.

Just now, Ducky said:

As for build-anywhere, it was a nice addition but it caused more problems than it solved, people abused it and we ended up having a performance problem because of it.

I think it'd be nice if it's brought back with strict rules, not being able to secure a base because of a curb makes no sense and is kinda annoying.

While i fully agree with the man above me, i can also see the difference now when the mod is gone. It doesn't feel like the servers crash as much anymore.

20 minutes ago, Ducky said:

It takes 15m to break a single section of a wall from the outside.

It takes 2m to build up a section.

Tools are now ruined when used to destroy from the outside after first use.

I think we have a good balance here, considering ladders have been removed as well.

Yeah, I love spending two minutes unfolding a wire mesh barrier... Maybe make filling it two minutes?

Some items it makes no sense... If a sleeping bag is ever added in again I will time myself pulling it out of a stuff sack just for you man.

There is no quality or life, or realism... I understand you need to balance these mechanics, so come up with a better solution than just taking away things that better the game...

Just now, Mugin said:

Yeah, I love spending two minutes unfolding a wire mesh barrier... Maybe make filling it two minutes?

Some items it makes no sense... If a sleeping bag is ever added in again I will time myself pulling it out of a stuff sack just for you man.

There is no quality or life, or realism... I understand you need to balance these mechanics, so come up with a better solution than just taking away things that better the game...

The issue with build timers is that they are shared between (almost) all of the build states with the exception of folding wiremesh, filling wiremesh and unfilling wiremesh.

There is nothing we can do at the current time to set specific timers on different actions, we only have the one shared value to edit, which is 2 minutes per base-building action. (AKA Build Action)

I like the build anywhere mod, but I still feel like building should take longer to be honest. 

Constructing a massive fortress should be a final thing, not something you build up for an afternoon then abandon a day later. Commitment is key. Without ladders, people are free to build 40 foot walls with no possible way of getting inside other then breaking down a section of wall to crawl through, but because its bugged, you literally have to cut down the ENTIRE wall to enter otherwise it will just push you back as you attempt to crawl in.

Posted (edited)

Bring it back, report things that look retarded. Then send the slaves developers to remove plots from BA, stage and commit

ez

Edited by Whitename

I would love to have so you could build anywhere. it was nice before and I didn't like it when it was removed. Also what whitename said

9 minutes ago, Whitename said:

Bring it back, report things that look retarded. Then send the slaves developers to remove plots from BA, stage and commit

ez

Yeah, rules should be implemented to make it so staff doesn't have to waste time on reports with gate blocked buildings and shit like that, but otherwise spot on.

We should put some effort into actually making mod progression usable.

45 minutes ago, Mugin said:

Yeah, rules should be implemented to make it so staff doesn't have to waste time on reports with gate blocked buildings and shit like that, but otherwise spot on.

We should put some effort into actually making mod progression usable.

Reporting AOGM until they patch the abuse hole just makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is why we removed a mod in order to prevent abuse... usually we just slap the abusers

With the limitations that the standard base building gives you some bases will not make much sense either.
I tried building at a small compound already surrounded by some metal fences, so of course the plan was to add walls and doors where missing, but instead of being able to place them in a straight line they had to be at an angle which technically would allow people to squeeze through....
Things like boxes can easily stop you from building a wall, even if the wall would not be touching the box.

It would honestly be much better to have the mod back and put rules in place so people do not block military sites, medical sites etc.
And if B.A is to ever return then I'd say to have the build action at 1 minute maximum too. 

As much as I loved some of the stuff created with Build Anywhere, I just don't think I want it back honestly.  It was cool, but it was at the expense of server performance and allowing people to blatantly abuse game mechanics to make impenetrable bases or bases that just made no damn sense, like the garden plot bridges.

-1 from me.