Server time (UTC): 2019-10-17, 21:54
Sign in to follow this  
Mexi

3.6 Rule question

Posted (edited)

I would usually put this in the questions area for answers from everyone, but due to it pertaining to a rule where a simple loophole has been found and is, has or will be abused I'll ask here for a 100% certain answer from staff.

With the new 3.6 rule I've noticed people who would usually be VOIP RPing suddenly make the regular switch between VOIP and TextRP but the TextRP seems to only take place when hostilities begin to start on them. Here's where the loophole comes in; While they're TextRPing an initiation is dropped and suddenly the defending party knows they have kill rights even though they are quite the distance away due to being told over VOIP OOCly, but of course due to text RPing those IC don't know the person has made contact with the people over the radio because it hasn't been typed out or said.

My questions are:
1. How should this be dealt with OOC? Seeing as the only way to deal with it IC is to shoot back.
2. Is this considered abusing the rule?
3. What can be done?

@Zanaan has answered my questions, thanks for the reply nonetheless Rolle!

Edited by Mexi

I don't get the situation you describe, can you explain it in more simple terms for us slower people? Perhaps in a point form

So had a read over on this a few times, and I think I get what you're saying. So people are TextRPing during hostilities so they don't have to double mic what is being said to their friends via OOC comms.

1.) This is still metagaming. If you are able to communicate via OOC comms, then it still needs to be transmitted IG as well. If you want to text RP, that means typing it all out as well. If you suddenly switch from voip to text in order to stall or delay the response time but are still typing it out, then you can still be reported for it. I personally would consider it an abuse of game mechanics, but it would definitely at least be metagaming.

2.) Err... guess I answered that already

3.) Record and report, especially if you have evidence of them using voip beforehand and suddenly switching to TextRP once hostilities begin, and it is obvious they are still communicating OOC.

Whatever you say in text you have to double mic into TS/discord as well, period.

Sign in to follow this