Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 16:06
Sign in to follow this  
Crow

What do you do for a living?

I'll start it off 🙂

I'm a masters student and currently work for a city as an IT CyberSecurity intern. 

I'm studying medicine in University, which doesn't give me a whole lot of time to actually have a job. Luckily, my entire family is helping me with costs and expenses, since it is indeed their dream to see their sons studying

In few semesters, however, I will indeed be working as an intern, and shortly after, as a resident (that is if everything goes well), so that counts as something!

27 minutes ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

I'm studying medicine in University, which doesn't give me a whole lot of time to actually have a job. Luckily, my entire family is helping me with costs and expenses, since it is indeed their dream to see their sons studying

In few semesters, however, I will indeed be working as an intern, and shortly after, as a resident (that is if everything goes well), so that counts as something!

What type of MD are you planning to become?

1 minute ago, Nial-Jalo said:

What type of MD are you planning to become?

That's a great question; one which I do not have the answer to! 😛

I was thinking of anything ranging from Psychiatry to Pathology, or perhaps something a little bit more "social" in order to help big masses instead of few cities. I'd like to help as many people possible with as little input necessary, meaning greater efficiency (I don't mean I want to be lazy), and in that way, save more humans in less time and with less resources spent

Right now i'm in the US Air Force as an F-15E Maintainer, its probably the objectively coolest job I'll ever have lol. Hoping to eventually cross-train into either special missions aviation (essentially a door gunner/flight engineer) or possibly space systems operations (maybe get a job with SpaceX afterwards!)

Pic of an afterburner run we did last Thursday:

58RvOPM.jpg

34 minutes ago, Daniels said:

-snip-

Please, tell me that the feeling behind the picture is as awesome as I'm thinking right now 😮

1 minute ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

Please, tell me that the feeling behind the picture is as awesome as I'm thinking right now 😮

Think of the loudest thing you've heard in your life, and its louder. You have to wear earplugs and over ear hearing protection just to be within 100 feet of it lol. The shock wave from it is so powerful your entire body shakes (i have some videos and they are shaky just because I couldn't hold the camera straight!). Your sinuses will definitely be cleared after being up against it. It's pretty awesome not gonna lie. This is only one engine full power too, we never do both because 1) there's never a need to test both simultaneously and 2) its probably overkill or something.

I'm a "senior asbestos and hazardous industrial materials analist" and have recently become the "electron microscope engineer" of the company I work for. 

I'm a doctor, police man, space astronaut, fireman, engineer, plumber, taxi driver, pilot and dentist. 

You can watch me in action as these roles in many of videos online as well! 🙂

sins.jpg.0fc9e561ad27c9d92e30623b840d889e.jpg

I'm a amusement park operator at scandinavias biggest amusement park called Liseberg.

I operate a few of the rides such as radio cars, a thing called the jukebox, hissningen, fiskelinan and a big roller coaster called Lisebergsbanan. 

1 hour ago, Daniels said:

Right now i'm in the US Air Force as an F-15E Maintainer, its probably the objectively coolest job I'll ever have lol. Hoping to eventually cross-train into either special missions aviation (essentially a door gunner/flight engineer) or possibly space systems operations (maybe get a job with SpaceX afterwards!)

Pic of an afterburner run we did last Thursday:

58RvOPM.jpg

Is that Nellis AFB? I live in Vegas lol

I got two jobs currently.

I am a car salesman at a local Mercedes dealer in Norway as my main job, and as a side gig I am also the editorial director for esports at Norways biggest gaming webpage, Gamer.no.

I work as a nurse in a Youth - & child psychiatric. A closed crisis unit for mostly suicidal teenagers which are a danger to themselves or others.

Posted (edited)

During the winter season I work as a wilderness-/snowmobile-/safari-guide for tourists and during the summers i work jobs relating to my studies (forestry). Atm im working for the forestry ministery as a "lumberjack"

Edited by Osku

Nothing at all man.

I'm on my way to a 4 year university and have been working as an intern with my local government's information services and technologies department for the past year or so.

4 hours ago, HDragon said:

Is that Nellis AFB? I live in Vegas lol

It's not Nellis actually its Mountain Home AFB, I'm actually originally from Vegas too and we were like just there for an exercise though!

Studying Pharmaceutical Science at uni. Currently developing a way to efficiently conjugate doxorubicin, which kills cancer cells, to folic acid. Effectively folate receptors are more highly expressed in cancer cells so idea is that my drug would target cancer cells rather than healthy. My project though is only chemically synthesizing the conjugate though as time and money restraints. 

And currently I'm on a summer placement working in a food microbiology and pathology lab. Long hours and I dont get paid. 

operations manger of the north of England for a retail company, just transferred from operations manger of central London

Posted (edited)

US Marine Corps. Primary MOS is infantryman for the past 5 years. But I’ve been working on the rifle range from in VA as a coach/pit nco for the past 8 months  

0359D8C4-8FDF-4666-AF58-0EB8126D1EC3.jpeg

Edited by Wendigo

Posted (edited)

Worked as a full-stack/Salesforce Developer for a LONG time and recently moved into Technical Project Management for Big Data transformations.

Edited by LagIsMyExcuse

Student at secondary school (high school) lmao.

Waiting for next year to be able to apply for BRIT's school (School of Performing Arts & Technology)

Posted (edited)

Nothing. 

Me and @HoboRP out here with the hobo lifestyle 🤝

Edited by NozzyRP