Server time (UTC): 2019-10-24, 00:24
Sign in to follow this  
JobScholten

Add Grenades to DayZRP

Add Grenades to DayZRP  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey fellow RP'ers,

Since they have announced to reimplement grenades into the game I have a question for you all.

What do you think about adding the grenades into the DayZRP server?

I personally think they should add the grenades in the server, but only the smoke and flashbang grenades.
Smoke grenades also attract infected and are also pretty, so they have a real purpose ingame.
Flashbangs can be used if you are getting robbed. They are non lethal and will only stun your opponent for just enough time to run away.

The lethal grenades should not be implemented in the game. They will just cause KoS because someone threw a grenade in a group of infected and killing a player with it.

I also heard the grenades don't have a kill log. (That could be fixed but ok)

Let me know what you think about this topic!

If they are given the proper logs and can be tracked if used maliciously, then yes I would love to have all types of grenades. But if they suffer from the issues we had a couple updates back (No logs, being able to basically booby trap equipment), then it may be best to have only non-lethal variants. 

I'm stoked grenades are coming back but for RP, I only like smokes. But I understand why all the other grenades could be used. Without proper logs though, I would find it hard to implement any grenades to be fair, but I still would like the smoke grenades. If I remember, you could throw a flashbang or smoke and accidentally kill someone with the throw or the flashbang breaking their legs. It was pretty silly. I just want smoke grenades terribly.

Add nades with no logs i got a couple people i wanna throw a hot potato at. 

But for real if they don't have logs don't add them don't wanna repeat of last time they were in

If they do have logs then yes add them all if they don't and need work done id say atleast add smoke

I'll try to see today/tomorrow if they have logs and report back.

If they don't have logs, we can always make our own logs for them, so that when you throw a grenade, your position gets logged or something similar. The position could then be used in combination with some sort of special damage log for grenades if the default ones don't have positions logged in them.

I can still see there being some issues with grenades being used in combat, like collateral damage, etc.

I say add them regardless; even if they don't have logs it's not that big of a deal (people have played with grenades without logs for ages, aswell as no kill/hit logs whatsoever for quite a while). 

It'd be cool, though, if the Dev team could make custom logs for throwing/unpinning the grenade; can't be too different from the logs that register items being handled.

Wait, we don't know if they even work right? Forget logs.

They add more vehicles into the game and inadvertently introduced aircraft at the same time. When the server gets over a amount driving is akin to being an astronaut. Let's test them, then revisit this.

At the moment, the plan is to definitely keep the smoke grenades and flash grenades in, considering they are not harmful.

However, as for regular grenades.

We have to make some tests and see if there is a way for us to collect logs for the frag grenades, if we manage to log throwing / killing then of course they will be added.

^ The above is me paraphrasing Rolle's stance from his stream yesterday.

Wait - does throwing items even work again yet? Everytime I press "G" I just drop stuff on my feet, a pretty suicidal action with a grenade ...

Throwing is a mechanic they have introduced on Experimental, along with that the various different grenades have also been added.

I have already been on experimental and found all the different grenades, and they work pretty well with the exception of throwing through windows.

Posted (edited)

100% want this but community members PLEASE be weary! 

If you throw a nade and get more than 1 collateral kill, it could have tremendous consequences. 

A bad nade could cost you your membership here. 

Edited by Monday

tired of people camping choke points/ladders and talking shit in the face of eminent death, grenades will level the playing field.

If grenades were like they were in alpha and you could booby trap bags with grenades I think logs should be added for the unpinning of grenades and for kills with them.

50 minutes ago, Major said:

When the server gets over a amount driving is akin to being an astronaut. Let's test them, then revisit this.

I don't see the problem here.

"Chernarus Space Program will never die"

Suicide Bombing was pretty fun...

1 hour ago, Mak said:

I say add them regardless; even if they don't have logs it's not that big of a deal (people have played with grenades without logs for ages, aswell as no kill/hit logs whatsoever for quite a while). 

With the current climate of OOC hate, I'm sure that'd go absolutely swell for everyone involved.

Without logs - Only smokes, still allows for a party to push an area of a base or compound.

With logs - All grenades but make Frag's rarer due to how easy they will be to just flatten a few people that have been attacked for nothing but 'memes'.

Add them in 

Posted (edited)

Add them plox tired of waiting two hours to kill a single man.

Edited by Eagle

If Dev team manages to make custom logs and if the nades actually work add them in for sure!

38 minutes ago, Eagle said:

^ Get good?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mexi said:

With the current climate of OOC hate, I'm sure that'd go absolutely swell for everyone involved.

Without logs - Only smokes, still allows for a party to push an area of a base or compound.

With logs - All grenades but make Frag's rarer due to how easy they will be to just flatten a few people that have been attacked for nothing but 'memes'.

As if OOC dislike for certain people was a new thing. Back in 2016 ZBOR's Zelenegorsk got 'naded randomly by cunts multiple times a day, and the perpetrators got caught quite often even though there were no logs. Imagine today thanks to position logs and other admin tools, catching the 'nade RDM'ers would be a piece of cake.

Edited by Mak

2 minutes ago, Mak said:

As if OOC dislike for certain people was a new thing. Back in 2016 ZBOR's Zelenegorsk got 'naded randomly by cunts multiple times a day, and the perpetrators got caught quite often even though there were no logs. Imagine today thanks to position logs and other admin tools, catching the 'nade RDM'ers would be a piece of cake.

I recall Outrun near Lopatino catching random grenades, and it was extremely difficult to ban the people doing it. IIRC, only one person was ever caught of the numerous times it was done, and people were still doing it after. PITA.

If I remember correctly grenades were, for the short time logs were given to the server owners, tracked successfully. I don't see why they wouldn't have logs now, so I'm down for adding them. It makes firefights WAY more interesting.

Allahu akbar. 

3 hours ago, Eagle said:

A single frag grenade would have made our time at GM happen much quicker back on that one day :^) rofl

Add them all in if logs can be efficiently created and used, if not just the non-lethals

Grenades should definitely be kept on the server when they are implemented, but personally I believe frag grenades should be very rare. 

Make people scared to be in large groups again! 

More of this!