Server time (UTC): 2019-10-20, 15:15
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Radio Cherno - good or bad idea?

Radio Cherno  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

So  i was bit thinking long time ago and wantend to start a project with Radio Chernarus (Now Radio Cherno).

Would like to continue with it.

Here is a sample.

[mp3] https://files.catbox.moe/pleuv4.mp3 [/mp3]

The question is anyone here that would be interested to listening to such thing? (will of course improve the stuff about quality, topics etc.).

Would like to know your opinions. 

Edited by PaulB

There's actually another radio station who work on 102.5 on server 1. I always love these radio stations but my thing with them is that they don't play music for long enough 😞 I'm always down to listen to new music when on my travels, it makes things way more interesting and less boring when on my travels.

2 hours ago, Saunders said:

There's actually another radio station who work on 102.5 on server 1. I always love these radio stations but my thing with them is that they don't play music for long enough 😞 I'm always down to listen to new music when on my travels, it makes things way more interesting and less boring when on my travels.

Thank you for the tip Saunders there is of course the plan to play more songs in a row like thematic nights etc.

A bit off-topic perhaps but to those listening to in-game radio stations, how's the battery churn? Managable?

A bit off-topic perhaps but to those listening to in-game radio stations, how's the battery churn? Managable?

Combine, with the accelerated server time I wager it will eat into your battery a little more than you might expect to keep it on for an hour + real-time but it shouldn't be terrible. Longer broadcasts might eat into you though. But I guess that's the trade off, if you have the luxury to keep a radio on unnecessarily for hours on end then you can listen to something as trivial as a radio station playing music instead of having to really conserve resources for survival.

Bring back the livestream radios out of game people could tune into whilst playing! (I remember the old days when people used to do it on twitch ❤️ ) 

1 hour ago, The Traveler said:

Bring back the livestream radios out of game people could tune into whilst playing! (I remember the old days when people used to do it on twitch ❤️ ) 

I have been thinking about this option but im not sure about:

1) I could handle it do it live.

2) Not sure about the copyrights with the music.

56 minutes ago, PaulB said:

I have been thinking about this option but im not sure about:

1) I could handle it do it live.

2) Not sure about the copyrights with the music.

1) Fuck it
2) Fuck it 😉

An innovative radio station would be really cool, however I could only imagine myself listening to it in a live stream outside of game, but thats just me. Couldn't you just play a pre-recorded radio show over live stream if you are uncomfortable doing it live?

4 hours ago, Segrid Direwatch said:

An innovative radio station would be really cool, however I could only imagine myself listening to it in a live stream outside of game, but thats just me. Couldn't you just play a pre-recorded radio show over live stream if you are uncomfortable doing it live?

Ah...that might do the trick for a start! 

Up to you mate! 

Wouldn't mind listening to music in game rather than just Spotify on my travels. 

Posted (edited)

We are kind of already doing this with our group Redwood Radio. At the moment we use high quality audio equipment to send real Vinyl records into dayz's IG radios. Broadcasts are on 102.5 Mhz. We are still looking for more radiohosts to fill more airtime. Let me know if your interested!

Edited by baskorthuis

23 minutes ago, baskorthuis said:

We are kind of already doing this with our group Redwood Radio. At the moment we use high quality audio equipment to send real Vinyl records into dayz's IG radios. Broadcasts are on 102.5 Mhz. We are still looking for more radiohosts to fill more airtime. Let me know if your interested!

That is pretty amazing. Do I have to use the radio ingame to reach the radio station, how is this working? 

1 minute ago, Shiro said:

That is pretty amazing. Do I have to use the radio ingame to reach the radio station, how is this working? 

We use the big radio transmitter from a really high elevated area, so you should be able to hear it almost everywhere on the map with just your personal handheld transmitter.

Do mind that we broadcast by a schedule (displayed on group page).

2 hours ago, baskorthuis said:

Awesome! I'll have to tune into your transmissions sometime. Do you guys mainly transmit on server 1 or 2?

2 minutes ago, Segrid Direwatch said:

Awesome! I'll have to tune into your transmissions sometime. Do you guys mainly transmit on server 1 or 2?

Always on server 1

3 hours ago, baskorthuis said:

I'd love for you to do some on server 2 as well (should you get more radio hosts) and would love for the broadcasts to be longer. I honestly adore what you guys have going on here but longer broadcasts and also doing some broadcasts on S2 would be so amazing since S1 and S2 are equals now. Half the communities groups are on S1 and half are on S2 and we miss out on these amazing broadcasts on S2 unfortunately 😞 

1 minute ago, Saunders said:

I'd love for you to do some on server 2 as well (should you get more radio hosts) and would love for the broadcasts to be longer. I honestly adore what you guys have going on here but longer broadcasts and also doing some broadcasts on S2 would be so amazing since S1 and S2 are equals now. Half the communities groups are on S1 and half are on S2 and we miss out on these amazing broadcasts on S2 unfortunately 😞 

We would gladly do that, but we don't have enough radio hosts at the moment to fill more airtime or switch servers. We are actively searching for people, but radiohosts don't seem to be popping up around every corner. 

46 minutes ago, baskorthuis said:

We would gladly do that, but we don't have enough radio hosts at the moment to fill more airtime or switch servers. We are actively searching for people, but radiohosts don't seem to be popping up around every corner. 

Yeah that's completely understand but when you do get enough you better make the broadcasts longer and have them on S2 too. You could have 1 host on S1 and 1 host on S2 both doing the same broadcast at the same time so S1 broadcasts literally mimics S2's broadcast, if that makes sense? That would be amazing. I really hope you fella's find enough people real soon because I'm a huge fan of what you lot are doing, makes things very immersive! 

Pretty new, haven't been whitelisted at the time of writing, but I wanted to say this a super good idea. Even if others already do it too, I fucking love the really Ukrainian/Chernarussian feel to your music. The idea is a good one, and I used to run a radio station in FiveM for GTARP. People love that shit. The news and stuff is good too my dog, really nice work so far. The dingy equipment makes it truly feel like a Mojave Music Radio-esque show, and it's atmospheric. Hope to hear it in game soon 😉

1 hour ago, baskorthuis said:

Not whitelisted yet, but once I am I would love to work with you. : )