Server time (UTC): 2019-07-18, 18:17
Sign in to follow this  
Lori

The Price of Fashion [Open Freq]

*The voice of a young girl can be heard flickering over the frequency*

"Hello? Can anyone tell me if they've found and obtained the rare white and yellow sneakers? I'd love to trade for them! Please respond!"

*Click*

Phoenyxx would hear the radio buzz and a familiar voice on it, stopping on her travels she'd look towards Luka and then pick up her radio 

"Can we make that a few pairs? Some of us think it matches our yellow armbands. But of course first pair goes to this amazing young lady. 

Willing to trade for such cool sneakers" 

Phoenyxx would chuckle, before letting go of the PTT button and returning on her journey with Luka

*Jacob presses down on the PTT, allowing for a boyish voice to come over the frequency, chiming in-*

"Uhm... I think I've got a pair somewhere. Caleb might want 'em, but then again, I'm not sure if he's really in any shape to be focusing on shoes right now. You got anything to offer for the shoes?"

*The voice ends with Jacob letting go of the PTT, cutting out with static.*

Posted (edited)

*Mykyta would be flipping through a notebook and some papers on his desk upon hearing the transmission, his eye would raise at the sound of the chatter on the radio. Mykyta would pick up the radio, press down the PTT button, and speak into it.*

"Fashion? In a time like this?? You realize there are thousands upon tens of thousands of infected individuals walking around cities, wooded areas, and coastal areas, right...?"

*He would stop transmitting before taking his glasses off and rubbing his eyes slightly at the thought, and would press down on the PTT button again.*

"I guess you all have become so accustomed to the urgent situation at hand that you are asking for things that are no longer a necessity, but wants and desires..

This.. this is why what happened, has happened.. and why we are where we are."

*What sounds like a door being flung open in the background would suddenly cause the PTT button to stop being held, and the transmission would stop suddenly.*

Edited by groovy nate

*The girl's voice clicks onto the radio once more*

"I can get ya guns and ammo and medicine and stuff. Just name it."

"And yea, fashion is a nice little distraction from the constant disaster our lives are."

*Click*